main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    And given the street date, that was the plan... but magazines sometimes leak early. This wasn't intentional.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Watched the clip. I don't really blame the majority of the Council for how they're acting, there's a lot of evidence pointing at Ahsoka, even if they can't connect all the dots.

Paparazzo and Valairy Scot like this.
  3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Sure. I'm not gonna post anything in spoiler tags because the magazine is out in stores and well I'm lazy. Sue me.

"He(Dave Filoni) tell the story of how Barriss Offee, the kindly and kind of cute Jedi Padawan who befriended Ahsoka(we met her in the Geonosis Arc back in Season 2), is a traitor! As Filoni admits.."I keep trying to sympathize with the readers who are going to pick up this issue of Insider, because they're going to want to know: Dave, why did you do what you did in this arc?"

"The reason that Barriss is the head conspirator with these people that have been protesting the Jedi Order is because she believes the order is corrupt, and are following a corrupt senate. She thinks they have lost their way and that the only thing the council reacts to or believes in anymore is violence. And she's right, everything she says is true, but her reaction to the situation is wrong and it's devastating to Ahsoka. That is the main motivator at the end of this season for why Ahsoka does not come back to the Jedi Order. It's a combination of her faith being shaken and the way the Jedi Council operates, because she can't deny what Barriss say is true."

Nothing really solid about Season 6. He does talk about the time he told Ashley Eckstein that Ahsoka won't be on the show for awhile and he won't get to see her(Ashley) much for awhile. They also confirm again that they officially know what they're going to do about Ahsoka, he fate is decided.

The big things not spoiled are the fates of Ventress and Barriss. Barriss is captured by Anakin it appears but not a word about Ventress.

Also a Kel Dorian kid(Plo Koon species) was gonna be used in the Young Jedi arc but George Lucas thought he was too ugly and said no.

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Damn... spare the poor kid's feelings there, Georgie boy.

5. HallowedPhoenix

HallowedPhoenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 18, 2013
    It's good to see Barriss' reasonings are actually thought out and that the effect they have on Ahsoka are going to be pronounced.

I'm all the more excited to see the finale now...

6. HallowedPhoenix

HallowedPhoenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 18, 2013
    I especially like Barriss' point that the only thing the Jedi understand anymore is violence. It would make sense this is how she makes her statement, because it's what they taught her, as well.

Man... I hope they don't kill her...

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    And it was later that evening, whilst attempting to brainstorm future episodes during a blind fit of rage, that Dave decided to ruin Barriss's character. Ugly Padawan? Ugly Padawan?!? I'll show you who's an ugly padawan! If George dashes my fanfic dreams for TCW, I'll ruin everyone else's fanfic dreams too!

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, this afternoon was going pretty well. I saw that friendly Mr. Postman had left a Star Wars-themed surprise in my mailbox and, as usual, I poured myself a nice glass of blue milk and settled down on my couch to read the latest Insider. And then I saw the picture. The picture of You-Know-Who holding a red lightsaber, accompanied by a wall of text that revealed not only the culprit behind the Jedi Temple attack but the plot for the ENTIRE EPISODE.

I can't... I don't... Why would they.... I'm speechless, LFL. [face_headdesk]

9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Anybody know of a YouTube link to that blastr.com preview?

EDIT: Found one:

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Well in all fairness....before the interview they did say beware of spoilers..

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Says the man behind the screenplay for Attack of the Clones and Jar-Jar Binks.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Despite the fact that this will most likely be poorly executed on-screen, I am really excited and happy about this. Character development! This opens up so many opportunities and avenues to take Ahsoka's character. She might finally become interesting.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Except for the fact that of all the Jedi to have this epiphany, it falls to two Padawans. They're the only ones (aside from Krell) to renounce the Order because of the questionable acts they're committing? Hell if Ahsoka leaves because of this, why doesn't Anakin leave? He's constantly getting screwed over by the Jedi Council, as TCW never ceases to remind us. And we know how emotionally unstable he is. Yet he stays there while his Padawan decides "That's it, I'm out" after one incident? And why is Barriss the one to notice this? Are the Jedi Masters all blind? Why is the Padawan the one who senses this?

Seems like the desire to tell an emotionally heart-wrenching story got the better of in-universe logic. What else is new.

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This is why you shouldn't subscribe. Subscriber copies always come earlier then the high-street release date. With the release date after the final episode has aired they are well within their rights to talk about the end of the season in detail. It's not LFL's fault that you've been spoiled.

The Shadow Emperor and RG4 like this.
  15. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Ouch, my sympathies!

16. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't want to start a whole RLM thing here, but I find myself wondering if George Lucas said

"What's wrong with yer FACE!?!?"

Spazmatron and Quirkiness101 like this.
  17. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    1.) Krell didn't really leave because the jedi's morals were being abandoned, he just suspected they were going to lose and jumped ship
    2.) Anakin: "There are going to be some jedi who disappoint us, but as long as we know there are good Jedi who fight for what's right, it makes it all worthwhile."
    3.) It's not that unusual for the powerful to miss what is apparent to the (relatively) powerless. Politicians constantly view solutions impossible on the sole principle that they violate the world structure maintained by said politicians.

earlchinna likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not sure why the Jedi would leave the Order. It's like Padme. She knows the Republic is failing, but she stays there as an idealist to fix it. At the first side of trouble, the Jedi don't just say screw it and leave, they have the hope that the war will end and things will get better. I think it is incredibly bs though that the Jedi don't have the integrity to stand behind Ahsoka because that would seem like a challenge to the senate. It very well may be, but whatever happened to the Jedi doing what they feel to be right?

As for Barriss... ugh... the story and it's outcome may be good, their chose of culprit - or at the very least their failure to develop her, will be painful.

Mr. 1800 might have to pour me a shot before this episode, maybe then I'll be able to think of it like a comedy.

Ahsoka voluntarily walking away from the Jedi Order seems like a bad move IMO. Whatever happened to her advice from S3 when she's telling the Mandalore Scooby Doo Gang how it's the citizens' responsibility to recognize corruption and hold the officials accountable? Instead she just sees corruption, sees the damage that it's doing and just says "I'm out" and walks away? Gee, what a hero.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka could feel betrayed that she didn't get the support from the Jedi Council. Who want to stay in the Order after that?

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Someone that wants to make the Republic a better place?

The Jedi overall are a good institution. The story of the prequels utterly fails if the audience is lead to believe that they are not and that anything that Palpatine or Dooku does is justified. Ahsoka just gives up and walks away because she was utterly outplayed by Barriss, but then turns around and agrees with Barriss and leaves?

Not only that but the idea of a Jedi just being allowed to walk away never sat well with me. The Jedi are a monkish Order that trains an individual how to harness the power of the Force while bestowing the knowledge of how to do it responsible and providing the training to how to control one's emotions. As Qui-Gon told Anakin, it was a very serious decision to join the Order and it would be a hard life. I don't see how someone can make that commitment, receive a moderate amount of training to be dangerous, yet not complete the training to prove their competency, and are allowed to then just walk away.

And yeah, I know that the kids are taken at a young enough age that some of them aren't old enough to make the choice for themselves or even realize what they are getting themselves into when they do make their choice, but then chalk that up to moral ambiguity of the Star Wars universe that always seemed a little odd along side the use of a slave clone army to defend the freedom loving Republic.

Mia Mesharad and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, I can understand why Ahsoka would want to leave after the way the Jedi behaved in these last few episodes. But there's the ringer: the last few episodes. Ahsoka spent her entire life with the Jedi Order, and never once did we see her show doubt in its management. Sure, she was frustrated with the Republic. But the Jedi? They're essentially her family!

Now, obviously, she sees there's a serious problem in the Order, but is the best way to fix things to simply walk away? Sure, there comes a point sometimes where you have to admit you don't have the power to fix a problem. But Ahsoka is extremely well placed among the Jedi -- she's got tons of connections. This whole mess would undoubtedly leave a bad taste in her mouth, but she's in a position to try to fix things from the inside out.

Simply walking away at this point without even trying.... that just seems defeatist in my view.

22. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    How can Ahsoka fix the order without going to such extreme as the what the Jedi bomber did who blew up a part of the Jedi temple the Jedi council didn't even hear listen to Ahsoka plea before making decision on what her fate would be.

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What if - if - she was going undercover? It's Rako Hardeen but replace "dead character" with "disgraced character"? And we don't find out til next season?

Yeah - long, long shot, but it's not been mentioned.

Paparazzo likes this.
  24. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    According to my TV listings the info for this episode says...
    "Ahsoka is expelled from the Jedi Order. Anakin continues to search for the real murder"

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Mine does too