main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rumor: Ep VII will focus on Solo child and grandchild

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MrFantastic74, Mar 1, 2013.

1. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Darth kRud likes this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Huh......No suprise though *ok the grandchild maybe*. Grain of salt taken though

3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know what to think about this honestly. On the one hand I would be a bit disappointed if the main protagonist isn't a Skywalker in name but on the other it eliminates the pesky problem of having to introduce Luke's wife to audiences while also trying to focus on the next generation. However, if the grandchild is the main protagonist then I think we may deduce what kind of role Han and Leia will have. It seems to me that they could serve in roles similar to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru but that's just my theory. Very interesting this news is.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The Solo child/grandchild bit, while kinda vague thus far, is interesting and could open up some interesting story angles. I just hope and pray that it isn't some kid sitting on mom/dad's lap doing the "Tell me again about grandma and grandpa's war stories!" and told entirely in flashbacks. Knowing Arndt, it probably won't be, but you never know with these kind of things this early on. That being said, it would be interesting to see Han & Leia's offspring regardless of it being any of the kids from the EU or someone totally different.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Too much...how can I say this nicely...hm...I got it !

Too much
    [​IMG]
    Too much pink.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This website was told by these same “sources” that Episode 7 is based more than fifty years after ROTJ. Now they say that the “big three” are in it. Over fifty years? They’d be pretty old, wouldn’t they? Much older than they are in real life. Didn’t buy the “further out than fifty years” one, and I don’t buy this own.

8. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    this does not sound 2 credible at all. 50 years? Jesus

Krueger likes this.
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Grandchild as the star. Nah not down with that. Choose the Child or the Grandchild but both no thanks.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well as long as they're not angst-ridden teenagers.

11. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I just want some sort of clarification on when the ST is taking place and who exactly the young protagonists will be from Lucasfilm, no plot details or anything just the aforementioned bits to tide me over for the next 2.5 years so I don't have to worry about the ST's effect on the EU.

12. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Why is 50 years hard to believe? If the main characters were in their early 30's in ROTJ then they would be in their early 70's. How old was Alec Guiness, mid 60's? Perfect for a generational story.

13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

A grain of this.

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It wouldn't be impossible. If you assume that Luke & Leia are in their early to mid 20s in ROTJ and Han is no older than 35, then all three of them still being alive 50 years after ROTJ isn't too unrealistic.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    In the SW Universe 85 is the new 50

16. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    As if it is ever explicitly said how much time has passed between films. Those numbers are EU in and of themselves.

17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I like this rumor. I'm taking it with a gigantic grain of salt, but I like this.

I will be glad if it's true that the Yoda spin-off is not going to happen. Of all of the spin-off ideas, that one had me worried more than the others.

18. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Even when those numbers come from George Lucas?

gregvader123 likes this.
  19. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    So will the grandchild be the offspring of the present child? And where did Ben go?

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah the Yoda rumor intrigued me because it specifically stated that they dropped the idea because George didn't want it. If this is true it proves to me that they still take heed of his advice. A very good sign for me.

my kind of scum likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    23 for Luke and Leia... 30 for Han?

As I recall.

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The amount of salt that people have been taking in the last few months on here would be enough to make the Great Lakes salt water lakes instead of fresh water lakes.

23. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I could see this being possible if they are going for a TPM kind of story...introduce the main character "chosen one" as a child, then flash forward in the next movie 10-20 years. People will debate whether that approach is effective or not, but we know that George likes his trilogies to match in one way or another, and he did come up with the concepts for this one.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well we did have that rumor when JJ was announced that Matthew Vaughn suggested Chloe Moretz for a role. I think she's definitely young enough to play Han and Leia's grandchild but also old enough to carry the film if the grandchild is the main protagonist. I hope the grandchild is not the main protagonist, though, because I don't want them to skip over a generation.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Of course. However, they said that it’s based more than fifty years after ROTJ. It’s a given that Ford, Fisher and Hamill will be playing slightly younger than they are in real life, but their characters will still be very old if the more than fifty years thing is true. I'm not saying they've made it up, but I have noticed that this website seems to be very pro-EU. All of the rumours they've reported on so far more or less (conveniently) adhere to the EU.