main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    If you look at society though this sort of thing isn't uncommon. Young people are often the first to point out corruption in the ways of older organizations. Intelligent people no matter how wise and experienced they may be can sometimes be mislead simply due to a lack of perspective or having been rooted in the same ways for such a long period of time.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I guess I'm still not sure what exactly needs to be fixed. Everything of importance in this arc just seems like it's implied rather than actually being demonstrated on screen. It's like they built a 4 episode arc around a single line from AOTC, "we're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

How exactly are they war mongerers? Barriss is convinced that the only way to get through to them is violence? Where did that idea come from? Anakin has problems with visions of Padme dying and Yoda's door, if nobody elses, seemed like it was always open. Barriss has misgivings about the Jedi, but there's no indication that she tried anything else? Did she protest, did she try talking to the masters? What role are the Jedi supposed to play as peacekeepers when there is no peace to keep?

Barriss and Ahsoka should know the stakes. Dooku and the CIS have been enslaving and murdering, and it's been the Jedi leading the Republic army that have been able to drive him back each time. Oh but the Jedi are war mongerers? How? The CIS was going to pre-emptively strike the Republic unprovoked. The Jedi are trying to capture/kill individuals like Grievous and Dooku and bring an end to the war. I can see the perspective that they might be war mongerers coming from the outside, but not from within. How does Barriss just wake up one day and decide that the Jedi are prolonging the war or are somehow interfering with the peace process. Palpatine hasn't extended any olive branch. Padme and Mina tried, but DOOKU killed Mina. Ahsoka should know this.

Dave even mentioned in the past how it's ironic that the Jedi are not soldiers, and yet the make the best generals. They have the interest of the Republic at heart. Yoda strolls into Palpatine's office alone, ready to lay his life down to defend it. Dave speculates that had Mace killed Palpatine that he would have been arrested and yet he would have made that sacrifice if it meant stopping the Sith and protecting the Republic. They may not want to be soldiers, but that in turn is one of their best characteristics, since they are trying to wrap up the war and defend the Republic. Whereas ambitious people like Tarkin have an incentive to be war mongers because it is through conflict that they make a name for themselves and rise through the ranks. They do not have the Republic's best interests at heart.

And here's Barriss and apparently Ahsoka that don't see any of this and are willing to murder/abandon their family, give up the cause of helping the Republic, and just walk away?

That... just sounds awful and like something that warranted more of a build up than just dropping the arc out of nowhere all based off a single quote it seems.

3. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    We have to wait to see the finale episode to get a clearer understanding why.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    So let me see:

Ahsoka is with 2 of the most respected Jedi in the entire galaxy. She also can count Plo Koon and Tera Sinube as mentors. She has been involved in countless missions to assist the weak and helpless, and fight against evil. You know: Dooku, Ventress, Grievious, blah blah blah.

Barriss had Luminara Unduli as her Master. She is known as a healer. She has been portrayed as level-headed and conservative.

How am I supposed to believe that (a) Barriss would not only leave the Order but actively try to destroy the Temple (but not really, just a little bit?), and then frame her friend?

And then I'm supposed to believe that (b) Ahsoka goes "well, you're a bit Begbie there Barriss, but your view of the Order is exactly right!" and then she leaves?

[face_laugh]

This show just hasn't been the same since Gilroy left.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Hallelujah

Garth Maul They are lost and confused. We should probably write for them.

7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Agreed. Didn't recognise him at first but that's maybe because Tim Curry doesn't appear as much as he used to in cartoons so hearing him again in something when you haven't heard him in forever like I have it took me awhile and yeah now I can kind of get the vibe of the voice better listening to the clip again. It'll take sometime to get used to. We'll always remember The Rocky Horror Picture Show and IT as two of his many iconic roles. Me personally I'll always remember him as Pretorius from The Mask: The Animated Series and as Professor Finbarr Calamitous from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Tim Curry as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island!

9. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    are those jedi guards with the yellow lightsabers meant to be executioners?

10. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Ah yes can't forget that one.

11. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Has the episode started over in Canada yet?

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    No its at 5:30 PM. Its 3:33 here ATM

13. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    No just guards.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, starts at 8:30 depending on time zone

15. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Darth Vader be sure to do your usual synopsis after watching por favor mi amigos :)

Bo-Katan likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I wonder what episode was when dooku was contacting sidious.

18. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It's most likely going to be pushed to Season 6 and probably is in the Thorn episode.

19. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    So is this thread out?

20. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Guess it is.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So I just re-watched the Season 5 trailer and I noticed stuff we didn't see in Season 5, specifically at the following times:

1:04, 1:51, 2:10 and 2:21

It looks like Embo and Padme would have gotten more screen time. And it appears Anakin is walking that fine line. Guessing that stuff will appear in the next season? (Hoping there is one.)

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's Clovis arc.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We're one step away from them pleading ignorance to that arc's existence entirely.

Future Filoni: Clovis arc? What are you talking about? Clovis is deader than a bisected Zabrak. Deader than a gunship-incinerated Zabrak on Geonosis even. What do you mean you saw a trailer of Embo on Scipio? Oh that was um... creative...artistic...license... um... our trailer designer's gotten so good he can create entire scenes from scratch now. Yeah, those scenes don't actually exist. Just the trailer guy doing his thing.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That means no "For the Republic!" moment with that rotary blaster cannon going crazy on the droids. Which is a shame, because that rotary never gets old.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh ur funny :p

The Shadow Emperor likes this.