main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rumor: Ep VII will focus on Solo child and grandchild

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MrFantastic74, Mar 1, 2013.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I dont trust any rumors this far out and this vague, but this one makes me worry that the Bradley Cooper thing could be accurate..........[face_thinking]

(I like Cooper, but I don't want them to cast big stars for the big roles.)

Krueger likes this.
  2. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm with you 100% there...big stars in a film like this have personalities that only get in the way and take away from our getting to care about the character, because no matter how much we may like them as actors/actresses, we see them through the filters of their previous work.

I've actually thought this was a huge downfall of the PT. Everyone was excited to hear about Liam Neeson, Ewan, etc...and don't get me wrong, they are wonderful in what they had to work with, but we were watching Liam Neeson play a guy named Qui-Gon...(and so on) and like it or not, it had an impact on how much the audience cared about the characters.

Like everyone else familiar with the EU, you need to "unlearn what you have learned".

Attachment to the EU is a path to the dark side.

scf881 likes this.
  3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Man that is awesome if true !! Jaina & Allana ..........

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Erm yeah, I'm not buying this. It's way too vague. Not to mention, I've never heard of that website before - does anyone know if they're reputable or what their deal is?

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Krueger like this.
  5. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    If Disney pulls some toy pandering Phantom Menace bullskeet I'll just quit. When the white man would make (rather shifty) deals with Native Americans, as we all know, they would smoke a pipe at the conclusion of the deal. Perhaps Lucas and Disney placed crack rock in the pipe they smoked at the conclusion of the deal? The protagonist needs to be at least 20 years old.

DarthPancho likes this.
  6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Eh, I'm not buying it. I know it matches the EU, but it doesn't make for a great start to a new trilogy. I mean, skipping a whole generation?

7. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    As far as I'm concerned, every rumor we've heard thus far has the same aroma.

Winged_Jedi and Krueger like this.
  8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    So, that would be Jaina and Allana aka Amelia.

That makes since because the end of the last novel (Apocalypse) had these two characters coming to the forefront.

9. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I like the idea of a focus on Solo offspring, because it further ties Han into the bigger picture of the saga, and makes him more relevant to it. Also, this person would have Skywalker blood, and therefore inherit Anakins superior force abilities, and would still be a Skywalker, if not by name.

10. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Except that if you haven't read Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi, then you have no idea who they are.

I mean, how do you explain Allana? "Oh yeah, she's our granddaughter. Her father was our son Jacen. He went evil and became a Sith and Jaina had to kill him. No, we're not actually going to show any of that in this film."

11. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Reading your replies makes me glad that I never really got into the EU. I kind of hope they just ignore everything that's been put to print and make their own story without having to worry about stepping on any EU toes.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting news. I'd love to see Allana in this! Maybe as a pre-teen like 11 or 12? But I'm defiantly taking this with a grain of salt. I have a feeling it'll most likely be debunked.

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I wonder what the theories will be if we hear the EU is not used at all...like the characters wont be used *so no Allana, Jaina, Ben, whatevercen*. The fan theories will get interesting here cause we wont have the EU to back us up.

14. DarthPancho

DarthPancho Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2013
    Oh my.

I hope there are no kids or teeny boppers as protagonists. Kids already like Star Wars, they want to be a grown-up hero like Luke or Anakin. They don't need to project themselves onto a kid or teen.

Other then that being the case, I don't really mind this idea. Skipping a generation would give the makers more freedom with the characters.

Plus, we know "daddy issues" are kind of a thing in the Wars.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they don't skip over an entire generation but this rumor (which is probably all BS anyway) gave me a thought. They could have the child as the main protagonist with the grandchild in a supporting role then in Episodes X, XI, XII flip the roles and have the grandchild become the main hero.

16. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya, like The Phantom Menace. No thanks.

DarthPancho and Darth_Downunder like this.
  17. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    My initial reaction is revulsion. I hope this rumor is not true. I simply had things going in another direction. I guess I am not a huge fan of some of the EU stuff, so continuing where it has left off is somewhat disappointing. If this is Jaina and Allana how will they explain the backstory to casual fans not familiar with the EU? I just do not see it. I also think the 50 years is too far a jump. I am thinking more like 25-30 years.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I loved TPM and if the ST is anything like it I'll be a happy camper. That said I don't see how what I said is like TPM. Luke wasn't introduced until ROTS so he wasn't a supporting character in the PT. If you're talking about the age of the characters then all I'll say is that I wouldn't mind it if they had a younger character. :)

19. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    If teh kid role is Chloe Moretz I would be happy with that. No cute lil "Annie" characters though.

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont trust "scoops" from websites I never heard of.....or that anybody has heard of TBH. Just think...this is but a taste of the horrors ahead

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah Chloe Moretz would be great!

22. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Smells like BS.

scf881 likes this.
  23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I could not have said it any better.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Everything you have just said here is the reason why I think this story is BS. Set over 50 years later, yet still stars "the big three"? That right there is the biggest indicator of this story's BS status. As I said in a previous thread, I really do believe that a lot of websites are using the current "Star Wars high" as an excuse to get some much needed traffic to their sites.

Darth Chiznuk and DARTHSHAME like this.
  25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Pretty much. They know star wars gets hits so just get whatever "news" story you can and roll with it. You get hits and fanboys flip out.

TreborSabreon likes this.