main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The ***Official*** LACWAC Fan Art Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Nov 19, 2010.

1. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    So, it's TECHNICALLY Original Trilogy but we've got some characters from the Clone Wars in here. Can I get away with leaving this here? :D haha My friend Mike Vasquez did the inks, I did the colors! It's an Adventure Time/Star Wars crossover for anyone not familiar with Adventure Time. Hope you guys dig!

[​IMG]

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I started this weeks ago, and came back to it.. I figured it was time I finished.

[​IMG]

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I made this a while back after Revival. I was still learning the ins and outs of photoshop back then so please excuse the crappy coloring quality. (Actually I still don't know how to do anything but flat color, some tips please?)

My new pics of Randy are about 1000 times better, btw.

[​IMG]

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's really good! I like the implication that they stopped and took the time to pose for a photo op.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yoooooooooooooooo, that's amazing! I love Adventure Time! I've been trying to do some stuff in this style for a while now, I can do the rendering and the shadows but I can never get the outline right, what software did you guys use and did you use the pen tool for the outlines or what?

teamhansolo and XJapanRoX like this.
  6. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013

Thats the proof, Randy and Maul ar just H A L F-Brothers.

The Shadow Emperor and Paparazzo like this.
  7. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Thanks, my friend!

If by outline you mean the actual black lineart, Mike works traditionally, so no pen tool! I believe he works with either pen nibs/ink, brush, and Rapidograph pens to do his lines. He also works really largely! The size of this print is 11 x 17 inches scanned at about 300 dpi.

If you mean the white stroke around the characters, I did that myself with Photoshop. First, I separated key characters closest to the foreground by using the selection lasso tool. I made those my top layers, colored under them, and then duplicated that lineart layer and placed it under my colors for that character, but above the lineart for the characters "behind" it. Finally, I go to Layer - Layer Style - Stroke, make the stroke white, and adjust the size accordingly. There were some characters that didn't make sense to use this method, so I just simply painted a stroke carefully myself for them.

Hope my explanation wasn't too confusing!

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Something I just made today :) I'm still experimenting on Photoshop to see what my best style is.

[​IMG]

10. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    His lips are very seductive.

teamhansolo and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That'd look awesome on a T-Shirt actually.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's the first piece to a Separatist design I'm working on currently, it's going to include General Grievous, Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray and a Count Dooku hologram. I'll post the others as I complete them :)

[​IMG]

Ani501st and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Your version of Wat Tambor is so cute :D.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  14. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    For those nights when Cody just needs a.. hug.. yeah. Let's go with that.

[​IMG]

15. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey fellow Clone Wars fans!

I don't know if this is allowed in these forums or not, but I'd like to share a tribute video with you all, made by myself.

I made it because I was sad that the Clone Wars had to come to an end, so I wanted to put something together honoring it. I did my best to make the tribute emotional, impacting, and action-packed—just like the show.

It took me a long time to finish due to school, otherwise I would have posted this sooner. Enjoy! (watch on youtube for HD!)

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Wow! amazing! Very nicely done.

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Watching your montage of the show reminds me how much I ****ing love it.

18. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    Thank you both! I had so much fun making it. I got so many happy nostalgic moments and ended up re-watching the whole series.

Darth_Quintonis and Sable_Hart like this.
  19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Gotta echo InterestingLurker. I liked the show but your AMV made it seem far cooler than it really was, which is a compliment.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Very good tribute video, really nice to be able to see all those cool action and dramatic moments from the series again. The music was fitting to convey the epic tone of the series, and the emotion of fans sad to see it go.

Kal La Kai and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Wow, I am floored. Your video was fantastic!

Kal La Kai and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  22. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Absolutely loved it! You really found a great balance in the amount of face-time you gave each character in TCW and I think you did a great job summarizing the events in a way that it even somewhat chronologically leaves us feeling how Anakin must have felt going into Episode III. Great job! ^:)^

Kal La Kai likes this.
  23. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks for watching guys. I'm glad you like!

After I finished the series I kept getting mad that there weren't enough cool AMV's on youtube so I went and made my own, lol.

24. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    Thank you! That was my goal. I wanted to convey what had caused Anakin to gradually turn to the dark side.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow, amazing video, that was intense!!!!!