main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars 1313

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 3, 2012.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    actually, SWs GTA is a really highly demanded game. not as much as some of those others, but pretty up there. if this were that a lot of people would be pretty happy about it, but it isn't. it could be good. it could suck. but odds are, this is what decides the future of AAA SWs games. so... yea.

rumsmuggler and vong333 like this.
  2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Wouldn't Battlefront 3 make a ****load of money? o_O

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Most SW games will make lots of money, it would be nice if they were also good games.

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm looking forward to 1313. If its Star Wars Uncharted-style then I am fine with that as I'm obsessed with Uncharted! I hope this is a much better effort from Lucasarts than TFUI and II were.

5. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Very interested in this game whether it's "mature" or not. Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember Republic Commandos being slapped with the M rating and when it came out it was chopped down to T.

6. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, it's been quite sometime since we've heard anything about 1313, and now Kotaku gives us a few details:

http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-stran..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

While we get confirmation from LucasArts that the game is not "canceled" per se, the article doesn't really leave you with many positive feelings. Seems Disney is really trying to push LucasArts into focusing only on the new SW films.

Also of interest, we get sources that confirm that this game was originally intended to be a tie-in to the SW Live Action TV show, "Underworld." The game's production started in 2009.

Lots of other interesting tidbits in the article; I do encourage you to check it out.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You guys brought up some very good stuff here. These questions were the very same ones that I asked myself. Why dont the come out with games that we want and that sell. Intead we have TOR that within less than a year went free for play, and the crappy star wars kinect. 1313 appears to have been cancelled or held or whatever, but I always knew that was going to be a bust.

The star wars that I remember is dying slowly, and its one of the reasons why I no longer just buy star wars stuff. I've started collecting other things from other franchises cause star wars is just not what it use to be.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    They should ahve focused on the projects they said they would realize, such as 1313 and Underworld.
    I really am disappointed to learn about the delay. I was really looking forward to the game.

Padme501st likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, the game looks really good so it's a shame it it doesn't get released.

Lucasarts surely is a big enough company to do multiple games, this constant axing of potentially good and best-selling games is not helping them or keeping their fanbase happy.

General Immodet and Padme501st like this.
  10. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    What's particular interesting too is to wonder what exactly has LucasArts been doing the past few years? There in the early 2000s they were churning out games left and right (some good, some bad) in conjunction with the PT, but they've been pretty much out of the public eye the past few years. I know they spent a lot of time and resources into the abysmal Star Wars Kinect, but that's really been about it. They weren't main leads on The Old Republic, SW Angry Birds, the new SW Pinball, and the recent Lego games. Their website hasn't been updated in months. They've been working on 1313 since at least 2009, is that all? Job postings on their website are looking for a few individuals experienced in FPSs, so maybe that's a clue? I'm curious if they have anything else in development, and of course, I'm curious to see what their future is now that Disney owns Lucasfilm.

I've feared for the worst on 1313 for sometime now, because there's been absolutely no word on the project for months. I hope it comes to fruition though, as I was really looking forward to it.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not always a bad thing if developers are silent. Look at Valve, they have not been at E3 the last couple of years and there has been no word at all on the future Half Life games. But that doesn't mean they aren't doing it, and sometime soon hopefully they will suprise us all by revealing something big.

Lucasarts seem somewhat more disorganised though

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Lucasarts made some truly fantastic games in the late 90's (Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island) and early 2000's (Escape from Monkey Island, SW Battlefront I + II, KOTOR). I really hope they go back to their greatness soon.

13. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Im so pissed that the game is cancaled! argh, only god damn star wars game i have looked forward to getting the last 5 years or something >:/

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm not. Because it wasn't.

15. Good Movies Bad Movies

Good Movies Bad Movies Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    It's being reported that it's at least on hold:

Star Wars 1313 On Hold Because of Star Wars Episode VII?

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Which even if true (it's not confirmed) is very different from being cancelled.

17. hunter77

Sep 8, 2012
    Yea you're right, actually i knew it wasn't cancaled. No idea why i wrote that lol
    but im still pissed >:/

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well, this is more than a little bit disappointing, but not wholly unexpected, the way Disney has been acting so far.

19. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Nothing would suprise me anymore after the announcement of the ST, delay of 1313 and the delay of the 3D movies...

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    On hold isn't the same as cancelled. I can wait a little longer for it. Gives me time to buy some of the other games on my list.

21. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Gotta say. Lucasarts has really sunk to a garbage level of quality. All the drama they have had the past few years and utterly lackluster games....1313 could set them back on course. However, I specifically remember reading a quote from Lucasarts stating that 1313 would not be affected by the Disney buyout and things were in fact "business as usual". I think Disney has turned into the "Empire" and sucks up everything it touches to rebrand and remold into THEIR vision. Not the vision of the people creating or developing it, DISNEY'S vision. One I often don't agree with or like. That's why franchises suffer. Look at Assassins Creed. A game every single year, and ANOTHER coming late this year. The quality of the games has dropped off significantly. The fun of it is tired and repetitive. I quit at AC Revelations. This looks to be what Disney has in mind for Star Wars, milking it to DEATH, and I am not liking it.

I want quality, not quantity....one thing these greed driven corporations will NEVER understand.

If Disney is indeed ruining this game, then I don't hold much hope for EPVII being worth a **** either. Putting a game with this much attention on hold is like commercial suicide. I don't think Lucasart's could figure out how to dig a hole large enough for all the bad decisions they have made the past few years. This would be one of the worst.

22. hunter77

Sep 8, 2012
    I feel your pain man :( I just hope they won't touch the game, keep it on hold for now but don't change anything! I liked where it was going.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    This may well have been a Lucasfilm (and therefore KK) decision, just as dealying release of the 3D movies was.

24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Given what the article said, the "delay" (let's be realistic, it's cancelled) was probably a blessing, given the meddling Lucas did to the team. If those insider accounts are true, it seems largely his fault the game wasn't finished.

If anything, if 1313 actually does come out it might benefit from the Disney buyout by ensuring the team doesn't have to follow Lucas's inane demands any more.

Zeta1127 and Life like this.
  25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Poor Lucasarts, can't just seem to get anything going!

rumsmuggler likes this.