main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Went back and re-watched "The Lawless" (FYI, the Palps-Maul-Savage fight never gets old) and caught something that eluded me prior:

[​IMG]

^ Subtle Abeloth reference, anyone? [face_thinking]

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So according to the Europeans who've already seen the next episode...

Barriss goes to prison.

Like seriously at this point --
    [​IMG]

Cronal, Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    lol that is hilarious

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, well, y'know... that's just like... European, man.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    o_O

7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Quiet, you. That was inspired, and I'll not hear otherwise! [face_not_talking]

Cronal, Zorrixor and Mia Mesharad like this.
  8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Man Tim Curry seemed to have been bored reading his lines….

As on Bariss she tells the Court that she did it because the Jedi had turned to serving the Dark Side by fighting in the war, Palpatine has her taken away.

Snips decides not to rejoin the Order (after the Council kicks her out so she can stand trial) because she feels she can’t trust the Council anymore....

So yeah

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and Esg like this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I suppose Barriss being arrested could be intended as a "This is why arresting a Sith Lord won't won't" explanation for ROTS.

Not that I still don't like her character arc, but I guess I can sort of see what they're probably trying to do.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Pretty lacklustre episode if you ask me. One plus though: less Ahsoka in the future. Huzzah!
    As I mentioned in LACWAC, like the Adi Gallia retcon, the use of Barriss was completely unnecessary. Not only was there little emotion payoff forher betrayal, but there was almost no interaction between Ahsoka and Barriss. If, say, Eeth Koth was the one Ahsoka called in the last episode and he attacked her in the warehouse and set her up etc, she still would've had ample reason to leave the Order. I don't understand why it had to be Barriss, tbh.
    Also: no explanation given as to how Barriss somehow killed Letta from kilometres away.

Barriss_Coffee, Esg and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I hope she ends up in the Ghost Prison, at least.

12. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Not seen the episode but basing seeing the above makes it look like the whole Barriss thing that people suspected is true. So, in my opinion, that just stinks of a pointless continuity change. I could have maybe understood it if Bariss had repeated moments with Ahsoka to build up their friendship more so but honestly the last time I saw the two of them was during the Geonosian worm incident and that just seems ages ago to the point that any 'betrayal' has almost no emotional impact on me. There was no plan involved or deep storyline to suggest a betrayal or create a sense of betrayal - it feels quite random. If anything, the only thing I feel is disappointment at the waste of a good character. Sadly, it makes it seem like TCW just went 'lets do a pointless betrayal twist! Spin the wheel and whoever it lands on will be our bad Jedi!... no, not Yoda...' :p

I will credit this arc though with one thing is that it foreshadows the rise of the Empire quite nicely. Its just the rest feels like it fell apart.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Just saw the episode. First impression--Kevin Kiner killed it on the music today. That was, perhaps, the best scoring to date.

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Dissatisfying that we don't get a good explanation for a lot of things, but aside from Barriss being the true villain and the huge continuity headache that entails, I thought this was a good arc as a whole. Had Barriss been substituted for some other character, it would have been a shoe-in for my favorite arc of the season. As it stands, this and the Maul arc are mostly tied.

I'm also glad that they shook up the status quo. Though I can't help but think that the ending is a writers' ploy to get Ahsoka out of the way of Order 66. :p

EDIT: Agree on the music. Some of the best TCW's ever had.

EDIT EDIT: Also relieved that Ventress made it out alive.

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's it, LFL has officially broken my interest in the Clone Wars with this latest debacle. I will read the multimedia project when I get the chance, and undoubtedly accept it as the story of the Clone Wars, but the Clone Wars as LFL is trying to sell it will henceforth be an AU that doesn't exist to me. Seriously, why should I even care about the EU? LFL clearly believes that on screen is the only Star Wars and insists that we shouldn't look to the EU for answers, so how about having the decency to make it official instead of butchering the EU? How am I supposed to believe that Star Wars is one story with TCW's insanity?

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    That was a really excellent finale. Great stuff. Better than some of the films in many regards. I have been a Star Wars fan a long time (old enough to have seen TSB in the theaters), and I have read almost all the books and comics (still working through the short stories). I get the continuity issues. And I simply don't care.

For those of you who did not like that episode, I am not really sure those people really even LIKE Star Wars. And that's fine. I don't really care what anyone likes or does not like.

But that was a damn good show.

Random Comments likes this.
  17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    The thing is, though, the episode could have been just as good *without* the continuity issues. That's what frustrates me to no end.

18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Same can be said with pretty much any continuity issue in the series.

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I agree that the music score helped convey a sense of profoundness in the episode. We have some unresolved questions, like how Barriss could have killed Letta from such a great distance, as well as a more rational understanding of her motives. But we know that she's right. Makes us wonder if Obi-Wan and Yoda came to realize this at the end of ROTS.

Asajj called it. The Jedi did betray Ahsoka by not believing in her and choosing to play expedite politics instead. The whole thing created a lose-lose scenario for everyone involved.

I'm surprised Ahsoka didn't explain to the Masters why she chose to leave. She didn't fail the order. The order failed her.

For a moment, I thought the Master's speech would indicate that they believed she was ready to become a Jedi Knight.

The fact that she knew that Anakin wanted at times to leave the Order leaves us wondering how much does she know or suspect about Anakin and Padme.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  20. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Exactly. Continuity issues aside, this episode was actually awesome. And yet they just HAD to use Bariss, even with Sora Bulq still walking around.

Mia Mesharad and my kind of scum like this.
  21. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Though using him would have created *another* issue, since he's already a confirmed enemy of the Republic at this point in the Clone Wars. :p But the similarity between those early Jedi dissidents and Barriss was not lost on me.

I still maintain they should have used Depa...

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The Council truly are the biggest bunch of p@@@@s in the galaxy. I can totally understand why Anakin is loosing it with them, I would be too.
    I did love Ahsoka's look when they tried to retroactively spin it as her Jedi Trial though :D
    Also Padme does say the bleeding oobvious, while Anakin's away lets discuss your case, Actually Padme no I think I'd like to play some games instead :oops:

23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Continuity discrepancies annoy me as well, but I'm sympathetic to the argument that this is George's playground and he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. It's more or less an issue of the right hand not knowing (nor caring, I suppose) what the left is doing and this franchise is rife with tragic continuity errors.

But the most egregious crime continuity wise is when the EU defies the films. Like 'em or not, they're at the top of the food chain; everything else should submit accordingly.

24. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I disagree.

Barriss being the culprit makes more sense for Ahsoka's development giving that it was established that she was her friend. It wouldn't be as powerful if it was just some random joe.

DarthStymi likes this.
  25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    ... we're going to get a "Dark Times: From the Adventures of Ahsoka Tano" series, aren't we? [face_tired]