main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rumor: Ep VII will focus on Solo child and grandchild

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MrFantastic74, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We're playing right into their hands. Damn them... damn them... damn them all to hell...!

stormcloud8 likes this.
  2. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] We cannot help ourselves. Just like old times.

3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Could be and if we get them doesn't this mean we likely get Ben too? The new big three....that's my hope at least

Ugh, who knows!

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Good point. Either the new trilogy really does follow the EU, or else we have some EU-loving "insiders" shilling their site and getting a cheap thrill out of pulling our collective chain.

There's going to be a lot more of this in the months to come, as the ratio of good solid information to unsubstantiated rumor should be about 3,720-to-1.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I think the main characters shouldn't be teenagers.

They should be talking babies.

6. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    Luke and Leia are 18 or 19 in ANH. And Han Solo was I believe 29 in ANH. So do the math and by ROTJ Luke and Leia are 21 or 22 and Han is 33.

7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Hmm.

How about the grandchild be like the Daikini baby from Willow? They gotta protect it, as it is the new "super force person" in the universe and stuff.

I dunno. I just want another "PIGS! YOU'RE ALL PIGS!" scene. >.> <,< ^_^

Lord Optimus likes this.
  8. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    So....according to this rumor, there's a "Solo Child and Grandchild". Not three kids and no twins. And there's a grandchild.
    If this rumor is true, then it would prove what I've been saying all along.....that they are tossing the EU out the door.
    I've always said that Lucas likes to create and recycle his own material.
    And when it comes to EU, Lucas generally steers clear of including the EU in the movies (With the exception of including a few Cameos.)

Thoughts???

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Marketing tells us they have to be 7 and we have to put them in all sorts of action scenarios so the kids can feel a sense of empowered comaraderie when playing with the action figure.

][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i hope to god there are no grandchildren in the new trilogy (at least not until the conclusion of it) and that the story instead features han/leia/luke's kids who are in their mid/late 20s. one of the biggest complaints people typically make about TPM is jake lloyd and i simply feel that having a child protagonist is one of the PT mistakes TPTB are going to steer clear of.

TreborSabreon and Darth kRud like this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I hope they spend alot of time discussing the midichlorian count of these "younglings".

Seriously though, if I had one wish it would be this: NO FREAKIN KIDS!!!!

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I just think it would be odd to basically skip a generation. "Here's Han and Leia's kid! And their grandkid!" for the generational Skywalker saga, you'd basically miss a huge chunk of the offspring's adventures. That would be strange.

Darth_Pevra and TreborSabreon like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe it'll just focus on the adult kids & the grandkid will only have a cameo & say "yippeee"

- just to stick it to the prequel haters

Vastor likes this.
  14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Star Wars Episode VII : 49ABY ( 45 Years after ROTJ )

5 years after 'Fate of the Jedi' thus gives you clearence from the EU & a blank slate ,

Luke Skywalker 68yo
    Leia Solo 68yo
    Han Solo 78yo
    Ben Skywalker 24yo
    Jaina Solo 41yo
    Alana Solo 14yo

15. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Anne Hathaway could be the daugher
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chloe Grace Moretz could be the grandkid

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Don't really mind if it's true or not, although I'm not sure I believe it. Don't follow EU so whatever the story will be won't bother me. Bottom line is GL will provide the story, MA will enhance said story, and I'm confident JJA will direct it well.

More SW, whether it be about Solo kids, Skywalker kids, grandkids, cousins, even old Skywalkers and Solos, can only be a good thing IMO.

17. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Not that I believe the rumor or anything, but why would you have to explain away any grandchildren in the movies? "This is my grandkid/grandniece/grandnephew." or "This is my grandma/grandpa/granduncle." If the parents did anything relevant to the ST besides getting it on so that the new protagonists could exist, then fine, but otherwise I really don't see the need to spell out everything for the audience especially when it's irrelevant to the ST not to mention just a big waste of time and exposition that pushes the story nowhere.

Think of anyone you meet. "Hi there, nice to meet you. Let's sit down because you're going to have to tell me your life story and genealogy before I can relax. Otherwise, my brain is going to explode." Let's even use say the Ford family...the other Ford family. "Hiya Bill, congrats on continuing your great-grandfather's legacy with the car thing! I have no effing clue who your dad and mom are nor your aunts, uncles, grandparents nor if they contributed anything at all of relevance...maybe they did...someone?...but anyways here you are! So what's your take on Tesla?"

Also, people seem pretty quick here to presume a grandchild would be an actual child. If the big 3 were 18-30 during the OT and this takes place 50 or so years later...a grandkid could easily be 18-30. And even if this makes the big 3 68-80 in the ST, so? People are living a lot longer now and in better health at later ages than before just on our primitive own planet. I suppose, I understand somewhat if some posters live in certain regions of the world the concern with age. Just in the U.S. a midwest 30 year old is most definitely not typically the same as a coastal 30 year old. The coastal 30yo is more like the 20yo from a generation ago, while the midwest 30yo is more like the 40yo from a generation ago.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not to be too nit-picky, but the events of ANH take place roughly 2 months before Luke and Leia turned 19. ROTJ is said to be set 4 years (to the month) after ANH. That would make the Skywalker twins 22, just shy of 23, during the Battle of Endor.

From what I can tell, other than the year (29 BBY), we have no officially published information on Han's birthdate.

Oh, and to the topic at-hand? I dunno, could be true, but, y'know, grain of salt.

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The interesting thing about this is the age of the Solo and the grandchild could be much older. I mean if they are going to make the OT group 50 years older. Then they could easily have a child about to enter their 40's or 50's. And it is quite possible for that character to have a child in there late teens early 20's.

20. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    After reading everyone's concerns about people being lost in the backstory I lol'd after reading about Alana's kidnapping here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allana_Solo#Kidnap_and_reunion

With exposition like that we should be just fine, right? Maybe Han will come along for the ride sort of like Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Harrison could keep calling her "jr" and tell her "don't get cocky" when the going gets tough. He could tell her she has to cover up more and complain about the way kids dress today, the music they listen to, and how they're always connected to the networks playing games and that they don't have enough respect for the sacrifices the rebels made for their freedom.

By the end of episode VII Han and Alana would understand each other better and respect each other's generational differences. They'd blow something up and then he'd agree to take her to the Little Miss Gravity competition and tell a kid there to have as much sex as he can while he's still young. Grandma Leia would hear that, elbow Han, and they'd all laugh as the screen faded to a wide shot of the galaxy and the words "Directed by JJ Abrams" appeared on screen. Lol.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I had to get some Tylenol -seriously, wtf...?

God, I hope that this all is just a part of the "Let's cash in on the geeks click money while we can" angle, or I will go crazy...

22. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I have no problem with this, however I always thought it made more sense to figure out a way to have the main protagonist to be Luke's kid. That way it directly mirrors the OT. Luke is going to be the character of the big 3 that will have the important/active master jedi role in the ST, so why not have the character struggle be with his son/daughter as opposed to a niece or nephew. SW is about fathers and sons, not uncles and nieces/nephews. Just MHO.

23. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I agree, I think it needs to be Luke's child. Given the theme in ROTJ that a Jedi CAN love, and form attachments, and that those attachments in fact brought down the Empire, I am OK if Luke marries. In fact I think it is somewhat critical to the idea of the new way of the Jedi. I don't care if it is Mara Jade or not as I am an EU basher, but I think the child should definitely be Luke's.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree completely (particularly with the thought I highlighted in your quote).

25. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Didn't we learn from TPM... no child actors...:rolleyes: