main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Darth Maul appear in the Sequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I agree, although Disney has nothing to do with who the villain is going to be. That's up to Lucas.

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

3. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Something tells me we don't need some sort of re-tread of resurrected characters or old story lines.

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Everyone knows about Lucas' involvement in both the resurrection of Maul and The Clone Wars in general. And hey, as far as I'm concerned, as the creator of the franchise, George Lucas' vision is the ultimate authority on Star Wars. That said, even though it's been handled in TCW about as well as one could expect (given the premise), I think that after literally being bisected on screen by Obi-Wan Kenobi, bringing Maul back was a pretty poor decision.

As far as the ST is concerned, an appearance by an alive and well (and pushing 100 years old) Maul is an absolutely ridiculous, horrible, horrible notion, lacking in good taste, creativity and just plain common sense. And here's the worst part - the longer Maul is kept alive by the folks at TCW, the more the fear of an appearance by Maul in the new pictures continues to creep up along my spine.

It could happen - at this point, we don't have enough information to say either way. I just sincerely hope that the folks responsible for bringing us these features will know better than to do something like this. I have faith, at least, that they wouldn't seriously consider it an option.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's out-of-universe. I'm talking about the in-universe reasons, which may have been hinted at during the episodes.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If Maul comes back, Obi-Wan will appear to Luke with an epic facepalm.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  7. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I reallllly don't think they will, but I feel like you do. The more appearance he has on the show, the more nervous I get...I don't even like him being alive in TCW, I can't imagine my feelings for the sequel trilogy.

8. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I believe George Lucas considers the TCW cartoons less than canon, probably thinking cartoons are for the little kids and therefore he doesn't need to please the grown up fans so he's just having fun with it coming up with ridiculous stuff like the return of Darth Maul as a way to fill in more episodes and more seasons...

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Nothing about George's involvement in TCW, or his history, suggests that he would ghettoize cartoons as a medium for children. The guy worships at the alter of WB Looney Tunes. George has put a lot of time into that cartoon, pitching stories, shepherding the process, inserting philosophical ideas like Mortis. I find it hard to believe that he suddenly thinks of it as a lesser product. I would agree that he's *capable* of dismissing non-Saga products that he's been heavily involved with (Ewok movies, Holiday Special), but I don't see any evidence of that here.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't remember if I said this but I hope not. I hope he is dead and gone and dead again by this point.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I guess he should really be dead by ROTJ. ( And now that I think about it Jax Pavan should probably die before ANH, but that's a separate topic. )

12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Dead should stay dead. While Maul is a bad ass and I'm jealous of his beautiful body-paint/tattoo abilities, he should stay dead cause if we're just bringing back people willy-nilly then death means less and becomes less of a threat.

13. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I enjoyed the SIdious vs Maul fight on TCW. However, I think it would have been better to keep Maul in pieces on Naboo. He chances of being in Episode VII is about the same as Count Dooku's.

14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, normally yes. But consider this: Maul was a Sith, and a master of the Dark Side. As was Sidious. And Sidious has already stated that there was at least one Sith in SW history who discovered how to cheat death using the Dark Side. So, it might be Maul could as well. With a max of two sith in the entire galaxy, even if both come back that is not really bringing back everyone willy nilly because there are only a max of two sith.

Jedi come back as well, but only in spirit form and only temporarily, until they merge with the Force. So since one side of the Force grants it's practitioners the ability to come back, it makes sense the other side does as well (but in the flesh, not in spirit form, as Sith cling to life as is evidenced by Vader clinging to life to become cyborg)

Vader coming back does not make sense, because he became a Jedi at the end. This is proved when we see his spirit, which means he surrendered to the Light Side.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually, he said only one. We don't know for a fact that Sidious had developed the power by the time of the prequels, and even if he had done so it's not clear that an apprentice like Maul would have learned it. The other thing is that Sidious and his tale pointed out how Plagueis could save others from death but not himself. Plagueis' power allowed him to bring back another from death, but not to survive his own death at the hands of Palpatine.

16. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    So I just watched the Sidious/Maul fight which was pretty good...but he's letting him live for what purpose?

And no, I don't think we'll see him. He appears to be at the absolute mercy of Palps at this point...and I think he was pretty much brought to tears.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    IF Maul appears in the ST then I'll pretty much walk out. It would make no sense for him to magically still be alive, along with a resurrected Darth Vader, etc.

Unlike Star Trek, it would be difficult to somehow interject an alternative timeline where certain individuals are still alive.

18. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    This.

C'mon, D/LFL. You can do better than this. Maul? Vader? Chewie? Dooku's head in a jar? An armless Windu force ghost?

Can we please keep this sort of silliness out of Star Wars?

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  19. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Mauls son/daughter?

20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Only in a flashback, if at all.

21. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The ST will be set after ROTJ, but Darth Maul died in The Phantom Menace. He got sliced in two halves by Obi-Wan to fall several dozen meters into a energy generator shaft, there's no way to survive this, Maul obviously is dead. Some people here should watch the movie again. ;)

22. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    You live in denial... Anyhow asuming ep7 will be age correct for Mark & Co woulnd't Maul be too old?

23. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I agree with this, except for Chewie. Chewie should be in it.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Robot legs Maul is what happens when people keep screaming for more Sith.

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  25. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I really hope he doesn't. While Maul is a great character, he died in TPM. Stop bringing him back and let him stay in the ground. Bringing back Maul would be as bad as bringing back Sideous for the twentieth time. A new villain would be light-years better than bringing Maul back. And don't get me started on Maul returning from the dead in TCW.