main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It'd be pretty wild if Han and Leia ran their course, had a few kids, then separated. Enter Lando who gets her on the rebound.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Harrsion Ford doesn't sign, I fully expect someone to just find and replace "Han" with "Lando" in the script. Lando was freakin' wearing Han's clothes at the end of ESB fer crissakes!

iluvkoalas likes this.
  3. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Lets remember that the last time we see Han and Leia in ROTJ they shared a kiss and was celebrating on Endor. I think that suggested that they would live happily ever after. I think the ST will see them married with kids. If it is true that Harrison Ford is in strained contract negotiations, it may be a due to bargaining about the subtance and size of the role. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill will not miss this movie. Let me also remind everyone that this idea of Episode VII being 40-50 years after ROTJ is speculative. I know this is based on EU timelines. However, other than small allusions, I doubt the EU will be mentioned much.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    For the lols: Bickering, adorable couple who are overly critical of their offspring. ;)

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  5. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    To me the whole estranged-couple-but-the-audience-knows-they're-still-really-in-love that gets brought back together in the end by their child, or a crisis (or their child in a crisis) has become a bit overdone and cliche. Not that Arndt couldn't make it work, because I'm sure he could. But I'm pretty meh on the idea.

I think Han and Leia would make an awesome older bickering couple. Kind of like Tracy and Hepburn in Adam's Rib, but older and with kids.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

This with gender role reversal:
    [​IMG]

7. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Han is going to be pregnant in Episode 7? Holy shocking spoiler Batman!

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    And in shocking twist of events the birth will be like this:

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    So Han dies in childbirth just like Padme! Oh, the humanity... :_|

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Claire like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well considering Han would be in his 70's, dying from childbirth at that age makes sense.

Leias_Left_Bun and Darth Claire like this.
  11. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Very true. Really, it's a miracle he could even get pregnant at that age.

Darth Claire likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It was the will of the force obviously.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    What if in a plot twist the kid is actually a reincarnation of Palpatine! GASP! ;)

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It'd be The Omen all over again.

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    and then the palpatine kid will knock Leia out of a building with his little baby speeder

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We really need some news... we're all going bat-$#*! crazy... :(

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I was born crazy so too late!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Already crazy so yeah :D

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    That's how I read it... I was gonna say, Brave move George... Brave move... 8-}

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sayin it'll take a solid 2 more months until we get some sort of news (May the 4th!) but by that time we may just start cannibalizing each other.

21. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Yup, I've been looney tunes for awhile now (and I kinda like it :D ), so I guess we'll all just have to put up with each other's craziness.

On a more serious note, I was thinking about this and remembered another famous couple who rather remind me of what Han and Leia could become: John and Abigail Adams. With Leia in more of the John Adams role, and Han perhaps being in the military as opposed to taking care of the home and children as Abigail did (not to knock the importance of, and hard work that goes into raising a family, but it's not very cinematic).

But there are some interesting parallels. John and Abigail were part of a world-changing revolution, and then they devoted the rest of their lives to help building a new country and new government. For this, they made many personal sacrifices, including long separations. But through it all, they always remained each other's "dearest friend." And oh yeah, their son became President.

Just a thought.

22. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I think they will be married and one of their children has the Force or if they only have one child they will have the Force

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Nothing a good old retcon couldn't fix.

24. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Chewie is a lovable, iconic figure. And it's Disney. He's alive.

Han and Leia? I can see where they wouldn't have ever been married. Though I expect them to be. Though I think it would be interesting if Han didn't end up the career Military man/elder statesman, with Leia as the Jedi origanizer and Luke being the kind of drifter.

Though I have a hard time envisioning the Solo kids turning out the way they did. At 19 she was leading a rebellion and he spent at least 10 years doing all kinds of Fringe things. I can envision a character I'll refer to as "Solo Daughter" running around in the Falcon with Chewie trying to get out of her famous parents shadow.

25. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Oh, as for their relationship, I don't see them bickering like in ESB. I can see that happening between "Solo Daughter" and "Younger Male Lead". Maybe some bickering about how the kids turned out.