main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst characters in TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkskar95, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Being a force-user does not make you some unkillable demi-god. Please explain why replacing one's natural form with advanced cybernetics wouldn't help a great deal in that regard. That, plus a willingness to use cheap tactics to win.

Esg, Togruta and CaptainRex115 like this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    To my knowledge, how the Force works in combat is really never explained. E.G. Maul can Force choke Obi-Wan... So... why doesn't he just open with that and kill him right away? Yoda can Force push Sidious... So why not do it again? The only IU explanations would be either that they don't do it because it is dishonorable (I somehow doubt that's why), or because there is some kind of defense against it.

Do the Jedi and Sith wrap themselves in a "Force shield" to protect themselves against it?

Can a non-Force user generate any kind of defense?

E.G. only the weak minded are susceptible to mind tricks, but can a sufficiently strong mind also shield the body from physical manipulation? I mean, Obi-Wan gets choked, but it's also after the Twilight crashed and being dazed. Is this like the Green Lantern where the strength of the constructs the Green Lantern creates is dependent upon his willpower? Is Obi-Wan's Force protection compromised because he has lost his mental focus? etc.

Yeah, there's always the question as to why in their repeated confrontations that Obi-Wan didn't just pick Grievous up with the Force and smack him against the wall several times similar to how Sidious handled Maul. OOU it's just because that would be kind of lame if the Jedi can just own anyone without issue, it would remove the tension of a scene if their opponent is anyone other than a non-Force user. But IU I don't know that the mechanics of all of it have been outlined. Maybe it is something to do with mental condition and Grievous only becomes susceptible when distracted (like when the clones arrive to reinforce Obi-Wan, or when Mace catches him off guard as he was escaping from Coruscant with Palpatine). Who knows?

Sitara likes this.
  3. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Force-use is generally depicted as being dependent on training and emotional state, so I would guess that it's something along the lines of an unconcious defense created by strong minds. Also, in his novel, Darth Plagueis notes that ones midicholorians will resist being acted upon by a foreign influence, which might be the reason.

4. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Ashoka-annoying as hell!

Savage- useless. More so when he was alive!

5. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013

Te amo :p

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Who said Jedi were demi gods? However, they need to be faced with capable opposition, like overwhelming force + being taken completely by surprise by ppl they trust (Order 66) or the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (Jango) and even then the Jedi needs to be fully distracted by an even bigger threat (Coleman Trebors death)

But taken one on one by a non force user??Weilding Lightsabers, the Jedi's own weapon? Come on. Cybernetics are useless against the power of the Force, which Obi Wan handily demonstrated. He deliberately played with Grievous, showing him why only Jedi weild lightsabers and cutting off his limbs without getting touched by a mile, and then smashed him against the wall. Then Grievous ran away, and Obi tracked him down and killed him.

Now had Grievous been up against a Sith, he would not have gotten a chance to run away, because he would have been choked/crushed by the power of the Dark Side (like Tyrannus did to Obi Wan in ROTS) or fried by 10000 bolts as the Dark Side was unleashed upon him (Sith Lightning).

Honestly, Dooku teaching Grievous the 'Jedi Arts' was probably some sort of an inside joke between the good Count and Sidious (they probably had a good chuckle when they discussed what would happen when Grievous actually became fool enough to use his 'Art's on a real Jedi)

7. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    No, they don't:

Obi-Won shot Grievous. He actually overpowered him in physical combat.

Asajj didn't or couldn't do that when she faced him. ANd it's not like she had a problem with that sort of thing.

Dooku seemed to rely on Grievous quite a good bit. He trusted him enough to think he'd defeat Ventress and Talzin (which he did, in the end). And Grievous did save his life, which would almost certainly earn him some brownie points in the Count's book.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lux Bonteri and Ziro the Hutt.

TheMandalorian115 likes this.
  9. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Obi Wan had dropped his lightsaber...

10. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    His mistake. It only takes one.

11. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    I would say Ziro The Hutt. I honestly can't stand him.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Right now I'd say Ventress. I think they ruined her character. And who needs another bounty hunter in this show? C'mon now.

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Remember when Filoni was telling us that the reason Aurra Sing doesn't use the Force on the show is to differentiate her from Ventress?

Less than a season later they made Ventress a bounty hunter just like Aurra.

Sitara, Togruta and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    Owned [face_laugh]

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I still prefer micro-Ventress. At least she didn't flirt with her enemies and laugh like the Crypt Keeper.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  16. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Any answer other than Jar Jar is incorrect.

17. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    Jar Jar is one of the best.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    The best of all the worst characters? Means he is the worst of the worst?

On my list would be:
    - Chairman Cho, though I guess we're supposed to dislike him
    - Prince Lee-Char
    - Ahsoka, at least from the first two or three seasons
    - everyone with a high-pitched voice

I'm probably forgetting someone, but currently I can't think of more characters. And I'm surprised that Morley is barely mentioned.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jar Jar is hilarious in TCW. No problems with him unlike in TPM.

20. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Do I need to get out the Cool Story Bro Savage meme again?

21. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    That detective guy

I also dont like the way Mace and Yoda are portrayed

22. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't like how Yoda says "Trust the Force, we must" or some variation of that in every single episode he appears in.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    i rewatched the S5 Finale yesterday and the writers again just further degrade a character of legend. 2 big examples

yours, and also the Force really guided them to the decision to expel Ahsoka, eh? Anakin sensed as much, "This meeting is just a formality!" ANGRY MATT LANTER ANIMATION FACE "You've already decided!"

also

"HOW PLEAD YOU?" kind of left me half speechless half roflmao.. not in a good way

Nubbs and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  24. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Jar Jar is hilarious in TCW.

Couldn't disagree more. They attempt to make him funny in the same way they tried in Phantom Menace and it's failed in this way too. I can only take so much of his "I'm clumsy and falling over things but, gee golly, I happened to trip in a way that kills all the enemies and saves everyone" antics.

After seeing Season 5, I'll nominate Colonel Gascon. I grew really tired of that guy. Even after being "redeemed" into commenting or being nice to his droid troops, he goes right back to being a jerk. One episode should have been enough of him.

25. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012

totally, the Season 1 Padme-Gunray episode was the first glimpse of TCW Jar Jar Binks i believe.

it was dreadful. like El Bastarde said, he fell, so,so,so,so,so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.