main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    The Fels are going to come swooping back onto the scene in association with the revived Empire of the Hand, dangit!

Unless they just drop that plot altogether.

...Star Wars books wouldn't do that, would they?

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hope not. I really wanna see the hand again...

3. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    I went and read a little about Jagged Fel, He is a pretty intresting guy.And i read recently Admiral Palleon asked Fel to surprise him by sending him on some mission NJOFH 3. So anyway what im saying is that Fel got inside a damaged Vong gunship and manuvered it with his claw craft to interfere with the Vongs ships in order to get to the Yammosk. I like and enjoy the dogfights and little parts that contain Fel.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Anyone else think it is a shame that Luke got to choose the leader of the Empire instead of Pellaeon?(Granted I'm fairly certain that Gilad would have approved of Reige).

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Wasn't it rumored Reige was Pelleaeon's son?
    I would love to see Fel and Admiral Parck working together to delay the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion.

6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, Vitor Reige is likely Pellaeon's son. If nothing else Pellaeon viewed him as kinda an adopted son.

Who remembers what book Vitor Reige made his debut in?

7. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Force Heretic I: Remnant.

Robimus likes this.
  8. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    I was just thinking today, The Empire built 2 deathstars and a good number of massive super capitol ships. Example: Eclipse and Executor ....etc. Anywho i thought what about all the manpower that was lost due to the massive ships being crewed by soldiers, officers whathave you. But what im really getting at is I guess the galaxy is big enough to replace all the lost Imperials.

Im not going to post the numbers till tom bc i have to make sure im accurate with the numbers. but a rough estimate somewhere in the millions. LOL

9. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Well a SSD crew was close to 280,000. A Star Destroyer crew was close $38,000. A Vic star had roughly 6000 crew and we know that at its height the Empire had 25,000 Star Destroyers.Lets say the average crew size was 15,000 just as a hypothetical, that would have put the needed crew in the billions or higher? - but I've never been good at math or much of a numbers guy :p

As for our Pellaeon era Empire, they had a thousand inhabited worlds within their borders at their smallest and had recieved a huge influx of refugees from the New Republic over the years(like Saretti was) - They only had 250 Star Destroyers left at that point, maybe 2 of which were SSDs so their crew requirements would have been much smaller. I would assume most of the Star Destroyers they had as of 18 ABY were crewed by the same people that had crewed them ten years earlier.

Of course that wouldn't take into account smaller ships like Strike Cruisers and Carracks that would also be crewed.

10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    375,000,000, according to my Windows Calculator, Rob!

Robimus and sg1A like this.
  11. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    What a waste of manpower and good Imperial lives. :(

you figure they would have been hard to take down for being as massive and powerful as they were, Like in ROTJ Executor wen and lost it's bridge i think and took it down. I guess they would have a backup bridge and generators for the shields. and a ship that size would'nt go down like that.

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    375 million sounds like a good start for sure. And of course not every ship would have been destroyed. Some never saw action, many ended up in the New Republic/GA for a variety of reasons.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Empire...

One Death Star at any one time
    One Eclipse-class warship at any one time
    Twenty-odd Executor-class warships
    Dozens of smaller Dreadnoughts and battlecruisers
    Twenty five thousand Star Destroyers of various classes
    Two and a half million smaller capital ships
    Sith knows how many fighter craft, shuttles and soldiers

And lost it all.

Sad times.

I feel more sad for the Imperial Core - those Imperials in the Deep Core who kept fighting for six more years after Pellaeon signed the Bastion Accords. And then hid themselves in the Maw until they could have the Empire's revenge.

Which is why FotJ is even more important... not only does it cause the Empire of the Hand and Remnant to merge again, but also the Imperial Core forces... the Battle of Exodo II heralds the complete reunification of the Galactic Empire... after four decades (exactly) of schism and civil war.

Fel deserved to be named Emperor, even if we get him given the title by his son, if he never returns to the throne. (Like how Napoleon II was declared the title by Napoleon III).

Robimus likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought The Essential Guide to Warfare endnotes went with 25000 Imperial class (I and II) and an unknown number of other classes (all less numerous than the Imperial-class vessels)?

15. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    They fought for what they believed in.

The Empire i was thinking today reminds me of Rome once all powerful . Then they crumbled, The only diff is that the Empire was able to survive after palpatine died. It wasn't easy for them but they managed to stay strong mostly thanks to Gilliad and Fel.

16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    They may have said that. Pellaeon didn't seem to differentiate between the classes in his POV though.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    True. Still, given the complaints about the undersized fleets, it may be a concession to that, without embracing the "millions of Imperial-class ships" theories.

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Now how canonical would Jason's end notes be? Are they considered as fully canon, or are they kinda like his forum opinions here - as in not canon until they actually appear in a source?

I'm good either way, but am just wondering where they fall into the knowledge pool.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure- but I think, for example, numbers (like the dimensions given for Naval Station Validusia) seem to be being used by Wookieepedia, even if they've only appeared in the endnotes.

Maybe the other factoids the endnotes bring up, work the same way?

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I know that some of the old starwars.com hyperspace articles were counted as canon until LFL pulled them off their website - at which point the Wook seemed to stop allowing them in the articles.

For instance I believe it was the hyperspace articles that mentioned that the world Thrawn destroyed because he couldn't understand their art was Kalee, yet this has never been mentioned beyond that online source and thus no longer appears in Wook descriptions for either Kalee or Thrawn as best as I can tell.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Meh. I'm content with high numbers if people acknowledge that the galaxy is big enough to justify that they won't be in the same place at one time.

So a battle involving a few dozen Star Destroyers is actually an important engagement... ditto the discovery of 200 Dreadnaughts when the galactic war is even... or how a few dozen thousand ships can conquer half the galaxy if the other side retreats.

Robimus likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

Actually I think it was Oben- and the description for Kaleesh still mentions it- with Galaxy At War also supporting the notion that Thrawn fought the Kaleesh at Oben:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaleesh
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaleesh–Imperial_conflict

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Pretty sure it was suppost to be Kalee itself initially, but I could be mistaken or that could have been adjusted. Galaxy at War confirming Thrawn vs the Kaleesh is a good start.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Did anyone read Crimson Empire III? Lot's of Pellaeon, and a good explanation as to why the war didn't end after the Battle of Celanon in 13 ABY.

It riddles me a little that Daala never made peace, and ended up as Chief of State... hell, her half of the Empire was still ready to obey her even in 44 ABY and still hadn't surrendered... That is one loyal set of Imperials.

Robimus likes this.
  25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I enjoyed the D'asta stuff, and to an extent the Pellaeon stuff. Some great new art of Gilad at worst :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.