main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by barrissoffeefan, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Lets wait for Palpatine to Pardon her.

rumblewagon and BW2 like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Barriss and Palp shared one funny look. I'm not sure if there is some connection or if there is something else going on there and Barriss was not part of any plan but his wheels are spinning with how to use her.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Yes, Barriss seemed convinced that the Jedi were wrong-headed in becoming the hardmen of the Republic military. Not only is Palpatine the ultimate Sith Lord in one persona, but he's also the leader of the militaristic Republic that she is disgusted by. Barriss would probably never work for Palpatine directly.

Does Palpatine's expression towards her in the courtroom indicate that he's threatened by what she preaches? Possibly, but he could still have a use for her, as a Jedi ****-stirrer if nothing else.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When the look was shared Barriss's expression really falters which had me wondering for a moment if she was looking for help from a mastermind. I would expected a real look of disdain for the leader of the nonredeemable Republic. I'm simply going to ignore that possibility because it would ruin the arc for me if that's what it was. Because of that I don't think Palp looks threatened at all and am going to interpret it as some scheming on how to take advantage of the situation because he didn't have any knowledge of it prior.

5. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Sidious clearly fall in love with that dark acolyte when she talks about Jedi beeing army of the darkside. She sounds wilingly to serve the dark side. and her speach about how ventresses lightsabers suit her... [face_sick]

Grievous soon will attack that prison and free the CIS Leaders with brute force. He can easily waste 10.000 droids, 10 CIS Fregates and 100 landingships to achieve that. That funny, cute little base of Mr. Tarkin looked like a childrensbirthdayparty.

Paparazzo and Super_Battle_Droid like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You seen ROTS? That's the only time Coruscant was attacked en masse by the CIS in the Clone Wars. That battle would be entirely diminished in effect were it to happen in this show.

TreborSabreon and QuangoFett like this.
  7. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    They wouldn't execute Ahsoka or Barriss on the spot would they, even if she did that there's one thing nobody seems to be realize they're still children. Barriss' age was scaled down for the same age as Ahsoka so she could have a friend. Executing children would make just about anyone look bad, very rarely you find Sith executing children though there are instances where that's what they did. If any Sith saw a radical young Jedi or even a Jedi child they'd easily be able to take them as an apprentice and use them, Palps could use Barriss though she'd probably decline.

8. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Maybe the CIS Leaders will be transported to another facility and than Grievous can hit the republic convoy. Filoni will pull even a rabbit out of his cowboy hat if that is necessary.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ahsoka is 16 and Barriss is still 20... and in my opinion, a Knight in this story arc. I didn't see a Padawan braid on her and it explains how she is so powerful (plus I get to keep MedStar :p).

Though 16 Ahsoka might have been, she was accused of committing a bombing, killing tens of innocents. It wouldn't surprise me if her head was called for.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Its like Hondo says, he is uncomfortable with taking children into battle, but he is comfortable letting his men fire with blasters at them while hijacking their ship..

Its GFFA...

Nubbs and Valairy Scot like this.
  11. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I must resist making a political comment about drone strikes.
    I must resist making a political comment about drone strikes...

12. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty much Ahsoka's head was being called for. I'm certain she would have been executed which seems the likely fate awaiting Barriss. However given what happens with Clovis, I won't count Barriss out completely.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope Barriss gets out alive.

16. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    The Rise of Barriss? The Barriss arc that gets shunted into S8?

Yes, execution is possibly the fate that awaits Barriss. However, if Palpatine sees promise in Barriss' nascent darkness, he could pull some strings to get her a more lenient sentence. That's a big if, though.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    He's not the only one. Barriss Offee is my most favourite character and they pretty much changed her personality to match this arc. I hereby boycott this series and only consider the movies and the original Clone Wars line before this canon.

Nubbs likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If she's gotten prison time, the show should just leave it at that or have her break out and be a decent villain. An episode showing her execution would be pointless.

That doesn't mean they won't do it of course.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Believe me, you aren't alone in caring about the retcon and mis-representation of her character. Thing is, most people in the TV forum generally favour the TV show over previous canon, so don't expect much sympathy here.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, try this thread. It pretty much imploded, although honestly not as badly as the episode thread did when Filoni's commentary came out.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I never thought I would say it, but I like Barriss. She's got a genuine personality that most Jedi don't even come close to.

QuangoFett and rumblewagon like this.
  22. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Even if they don't show her execution, they could still screw things up with another revealing remark in a commentary featurette or interview. Imagine if Filoni flat-out stated that Barriss was deader than dead, or if Meredith Salenger let slip that she had no further recording sessions with Lucasfilm after the S5 finale. That would signal the end of Barriss.

Come to think of it, if the Separatist leaders' fates are not handled in the Clovis arc, Barriss having a commuted death sentence could be the catalyst that kicks off the Separatist prison breakout. There are many ways in which she could be valuable to the series as more than a corpse.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I hope Barriss escapes and becomes a new Dark Jedi. Perhaps Sidious will have other uses for her.

24. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Come to think of it, just what was Barriss doing in the Chancellor's office at the beginning of AOTC? :p

I wonder how the writers could develop Barriss' ideology and alignment now. She seems staunchly opposed to the war and believes that the Jedi Order is corrupted because they "serve the Dark Side". She does display signs of not giving much of a damn about the distinction between light and dark in this time of war ("Red lightsabres are so in this season!"), but she doesn't seem like Sith apprentice material, more of a rogue element.

Do you have an alternative interpretation?

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, we did see Dooku attempting to recruit Obi-Wan in AotC. Perhaps he successfully recruited Barriss to replace Ventress. Luv the double "ss".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.