main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    ?

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Play the first Deus Ex.

Gorefiend and Ulicus like this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The original Deus Ex is great, and there is a fantastic HD mod that updates the graphics for all the static material - but not for the people and such yet (although I heard that's being worked on as well).

Random memory - that if you decide to go into the women's restroom the first time you go to UNATCO HQ, you'll hear about it every time you go back.
    Random memory 2 - that you can subvert a boss battle by killing the boss early on. And that it wasn't a glitch, but that the game simply allowed you to do it and changed the story accordingly.

Oh, and Deus Ex 2? Forget it. It's not worth it. (For instance, universal ammo for all weapons - yes, a pistol uses the same ammo as a rocket launcher. And when you're out, you're out for all ranged weapons)

You know that doesn't have to happen, right? o_O

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Yeah, but didn’t realize until later and only managed to save her on the second play through.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi all.

It's an emotional day for me in the Star Wars universe, between TCW season finale and the fact that I just read chapter 17 of Vector Prime. :_|

Time for beer and comedy I think.

How's everyone else's Saturday?

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    At work and sleepy as hell [face_tired]

7. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Well, I have a bottle of Cruzan black stripe rum, so it should be a good night.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have a bottle of port and I am watching The Phantom Menace for the first time in ages. I had friends over last night late for dinner and I am exhausted. I figured a quiet movie night to relax was the best bet!

--Adm. Nick

RC-1991 likes this.
  9. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Welp, I'm literally singing Disney songs at this point. MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER.

MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Dull as dishwater, lonely Saturday night. My neighbor has company over and I can hear them playing video games. I have no booze. I missed out on a casting call due to lack of transportation. I'm bored and lonely and depressed because I'm bored and lonely.

11. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I'll try to get on #eu later tonight and entertain you all. If I'm conscious.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Drunkenness is always entertaining.

Unfortunately, chocolate has not helped my mood. Perhaps I need to eat more of it...

13. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Drink chocolate liquor. Alternatively (or in conjunction), I would recommend watching some Monty Python. If you have ever, ever had a Latin teacher, then "Life of Bryan" should occupy a special place in your heart. If not, all of the Flying Circus episodes are up on Youtube, via the company that owns the rights.

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    http://www.lazyboneuk.com/categories/Edible-Insects-/ :D

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a scorpion encased in peanut brittle. Perhaps I should eat it.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Sounds dangerous. DO IT. IT'S WHAT CAD BANE WOULD WANT.

TrakNar likes this.
  17. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Sleepy. Still depressed over the whole mess that is Jeff/Annie according to the writers on Community. Pleased with new Daemons codex for WH40K

18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    What mess? Did the writers hint at something?

--Adm. Nick

19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    After the episode Conventions in Space and Time which seemed to be an extremely positive one for the pairing, we get this:

First problem
    Second problem

20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Honestly Wes, I am not sure if the show will survive another season. Chevy Chase is already out and the writers cannot seem to decide what to make the show about. For me, there is nothing better than the first and second seasons.

--Adm. Nick

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Considering what a colossal pain Chevy has been for the show, his leaving can only be an improvement. But the loss of Dan Harmon plus a number of key writers, for me, spells doom for the show. As far as I'm concerned, the Season Three ending was a great place to leave it.

And personally, I've always been a fan of Annie/Abed. I can't believe any Star Wars fan would think otherwise... :p

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Context? ...No?

Ris_jSarek likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Heh. We had a Disney number at our Law Revue show -- they did a parody of the song that happens when Belle's in the town. I really ought to know the name of that song, actually, it's my favorite one in the movie. :p

The best part was that after the bit was over, they had "I will show you the world" playing while the stage went dark and they moved things about. After they cut out the transitioning music, the audience was still singing along to the song for a good 20, 30 seconds before people realized the music had been cut. It was AWESOME.

And the cast member bios are usually hilarious jokes/pop culture references. This one girl had hers as that very Mulan song. Another one had this awesome ASOIAF reference -- when I'm back, I'll have to dig it up and quote it here.

Ah, port. Now there's a civilized drink! What kind?

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I am quite the port drinker. Maderia too! My standard port is Graham's Six Grapes. Reasonable price, nice dark purple color, balanced flavors. In general, anything from Graham's is superior, IMO. The 20 year Tawny Port is rather good, if you like the sweeter, nutty style of a tawny. The two best bottles I have ever had where the 1977 Vintage Port and 1983 Vintage Port. 1977 is considered one of thebest years for port in the last century, while the 1983 was cool cause it was the year I was born and a close friend gave it to me on my 25th.

Seeing as I turn 30 in April, I might have to see if I can dig up another bottle of the 1983... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.