main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude.

Let. It. Go.

Or at least take it to the Classic Trilogy forum.

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    1. Lasted longer, yes, but didn't have the breadth Palpatine's did. The Empire basically had free reign on the entire galaxy. They let places like the Hutts and the Corporate Sector stay fairly independent, but I don't think for a moment anyone would openly oppose a Star Destroyer from cruising in. The Rule of Two did directly lead to the fall of the Empire, though. Having only Vader as his possible successor was a boneheaded move and I think like many Sith before him, he was a victim of his own arrogance. As mad as Luke got in those scenes on the Death Star, he was completely on about Palpatine's weakness. And Palpatine was wrong about Luke's.

4. I don't believe for a moment he wasn't aware of Dooku's relationship with Ventress and as long as he didn't consider them a threat to him, even together, he let it go. As soon as she was remotely a threat, though, he ordered her eliminated.

6. I think this is probably a similar situation with Dooku and Ventress, where Palpatine believes he's in control the entire time. By the time of TESB, his opinion of Vader is low enough that he doesn't believe any plot Vader would have against him would succeed and that when Vader brings Luke before him, he'll be able to do what he almost succeeded in doing in ROTJ.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Now I know what was in Vader's hand when Luke lit his pyre, Tano's Padawan chain.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm trying to think of a justification for why Barriss fails to gut Asajj where she lies. Obviously, everything almost works out for her in the end. Her scheme only comes undone because Ventress was aware that Ahsoka contacted her (if Ahsoka had contacted Barriss in private, away from Ventress' prying ears, the former Acolyte wouldn't have a name to offer Anakin, which could make the difference when he ponders whether or not to pin the blame on her), but killing Ventress when she's at her mercy would tie up a potential loose end.

It crossed my mind earlier and will probably come to me in the morning. This doesn't make the arc bad. I've seen far worse plot holes in great films, but it's puzzling nonetheless.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes thats sounds easy. But in the Moment Asajj hearing the Sound of an igniting lightsaber, i can imagine she will have an adrenaline kick and forcepush her enemy away. And i think Asajj has still a lot more Force Powers than Bariss Offee has, because of experience.

That Fight between Ventress and Anakin on the other side, was a true danger for her. It made her become very cooperative very fast. Anakin is a guy who first stabs and than asks.

pronker likes this.
  6. Avantre

Avantre Jedi Master

May 2, 2010
    That'll be retconned to be her cousin, Parris Toffee.

7. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The justification for the Rule of Two holds up, actually:
    1. The Sith empires in extant EU were considerably smaller and weaker than the Galactic Empire; the so-called "Golden Age of Sith" (TOTJ comics) endured solely because of its isolation from the greater galaxy
    2. The Rule of Two encourages superiority; the apprentice is, on paper anyway, supposed to claim the mantle when he or she has surpassed the Master. Multiple Sith would allow for a 2+ vs 1, as Dooku tried with Ventress & Savage, Maul tried with Savage, and Vader would try with Starkiller & Luke; in other words, it would enable an inferior disciple to take the mantle by virtue of numbers
    3. True, but too much of that can sabotage any attempt by the Sith for supremacy; this is, according to George, what doomed the Sith in the past: the Sith were too busy fighting one another to make a cohesive effort against the Jedi, hence their constant defeat
    4. Because simply being a dark Jedi does not mean one can compete with Sidious. In s1, Sidious regarded Ventress with contempt; in s3, with her powers enhanced, he ordered Dooku to kill her. Ventress and dark side adepts are perfectly manageable so long as one keeps their number limited and one keeps an eye on them
    5. Lightsaber wielding baddies =/= Sith Lords. Krell, Barris, etc. all qualify under that appellation but have not received Sith training.
    6. In light of TCW, it could be interpreted that Vader is suggesting: "Hey, remember Dooku and Ventress? How's about we get one of our own?" Palpatine agrees that Luke would make a great asset and he's known to use people of worth
    An army of dark siders doesn't work when one is trying to operate under the Jedi radar.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_plain]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Does anyone here want Vader meeting an Adult Ahsoka Tano?

10. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Nope

Theo333, DarthBreezy, MistrX and 4 others like this.
  11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    At least the Jedi kicked out Tano faster than Maul built his criminal empire.
    Perfect. They both were always going nowhere. And I hope to the twin suns of Tatooine that season six does not have any doubleblades, saberstaffs or dual shotos. I am sick of 87 blades onscreen at once.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Seems legit.

13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope Barriss is not executed, but instead escapes. TCW could use a new darksider anyways, especially one that is female, and one that hasn't become an anti-hero.

rumblewagon likes this.
  14. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    You not even want TCW at all. You want Disney to cancel it.

15. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Nah. They'll say the one in AOTC was Barriss the Elder

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I agree with this. Bariss's speech at the end made a lot of sense. The Jedi had lost their way with fighting a war. And since she had been fighting a war, it is not really surprising to me that she used violence to make her point. If she or any other Jedi objected to the Council, told them that the Jedi should withdraw from the fighting, even if the Republic fell apart, would the Council listen? I don't think so and she knew it.

They skimmed over many plot details and it was blindingly obvious in the last episode that Bariss was behind the bombing, but they wrapped things up reasonably well. With Ahsoka out of the Jedi Order, she has a very reasonable chance of surviving Order 66, which is the reason why the writers had her leave, IMHO. I wonder if she'll team up with Ventress? Though I don't see Ahsoka as a bounty hunter. It looks like Ventress has gone cynical about both the dark and the light sides.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011

18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Really? I actually thought Anakin igniting and twirling the two blues was a cool shot. Maybe that's due to my KOTOR II days when I'd run around twirling the things every ten seconds.

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who did that. :p

SithStarSlayer and MistrX like this.
  20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yes.

V-2 likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    This x10000000000000000000000000000000

Garrett Atkins and Valairy Scot like this.
  22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe that sort of court would exist in the Empire, but right now the Republic is not quite a fascist dictatorship.

Regarding the Chancellor and senators having roles in the court, there's historical and mythological precedence: Minos, Solomon, and Arthur spring to mind... The heraldic overtones fit well with Star Wars themes IMO.

23. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Because I still have no words, here are the many reactions I've experienced throughout the final 2 minutes of this episode:

[face_nail_biting]:eek: [face_hypnotized] :_|=D=^:)^@};-

I am floored. Absolutely floored! It was pure poetry! Instantly after the episode was over, I had to watch the ending again. I've done that only a handful of times during the whole series, the final minutes of Rookies in Season 1, or the explosion of the Jedi Cruiser in the final episode of the D-Squad arc to name two instances.

Dave Filoni, GL and crew have given us the most emotional moment in SW history since Revenge of the Sith had graced the screens back in 2005. I applaud them for the incredibly job they've done. My detailed thoughts of this and the previous episodes will follow within the next couple of days. I could gush over the perfection of those final minutes for hours alone.

24. Darth_Poe

Darth_Poe Jedi Padawan

Feb 20, 2013
    I just realized that. I can't believe he kept it after all these years.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'd rank Ahsoka's leaving with Obi-Wan cradling Satine's body/kissing her hand. The former has more series resonance, of course, as Ahsoka was/is a primary character unlike Satine, but both scenes were emotionally effective.