main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I thought this was really good:

3. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    Comparing music from TCW to John Williams is just unfair, but the main reason why I'm not such a big fan of Kiner is that others have been able to produce amazing material video games like the KOTOR series and MMO. His music is sort of in the background, but he does have some good tracks at certain times.

Apophis_ and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is pretty epic. B)

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If I click it, I'd better not have Duel of the Fates blasting out my speakers.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Did anyone else notice the film themes during the Anakin vs. Barriss duel? I recall hearing the Cloud City duel variation of the Imperial March plus the Emperor's theme.

Sorry to be the voice of disagreement here, but I don't think that's particularly impressive. The editor has simply overlaid the Williams score alongside the Kiner score, not cutting or overpowering the Kiner score when necessary to bring the Williams score to the fore. It's also of dubious artistic merit to alter impressive Kiner scores like the Barrissoka duel theme.

This guy I find the most impressive of the TCW YouTube rescorers. He judiciously overpowers the Kiner score with Williams when necessary. It doesn't hurt that this scene had fairly unmemorable Kiner scoring.

Over here, he intersperses the Williams score with some memorable Kiner. Skip to the throne room scene, Fanboy.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think Williams' score is too overpowering in most of those rescores. It takes away from the character moments that are happening. That said, I've always been an advocate of new, original music by Kiner instead of using full Williams' pieces. Each of Williams' pieces has a place in the films. In fact, when listening to the music, you can practically see the scene from the film to which it corresponds.

Reusing it too much in TCW would diminish that effect, and I honestly think would make the show look a little amateurish if it's using Williams' music constantly.

The show tends to play small cues of Williams' pieces and I like that just fine.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    This one is significantly more Kinerful. The Williams music is concentrated at the end.

And, yes, I would like to hear Kiner keep doing his thing in TCW with original themes, but it's always interesting to hear/see what aspiring film editors think up.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    :_|:_|:_|

The Fugitive arc had the best music of the series IMO. I also liked the track used in the finale trailer. I hope they release a TCW soundtrack album..

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This season has had some of the best music on the show... Kiner stepped up his game. WHOOO HAAAH![face_dancing]

12. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I need somebody who can composite good Star Wars Music. It would be for a fanmovie. Has anyone interest here and knowledge? Any hobby musicians here?

13. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    You obviously haven't seen any of my videos. :p I'm currently working on rescoring's for Season 5, but I've been incredibly busy over the past couple of weeks.

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    :_|

Kiner really stepped up his game this season.

QuangoFett and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    That track is so full of win. Love it.

earlchinna and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    dat melodrama. Well except there's character moments.

18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    They really need to release a CD with all the themes and stuff, it's glorious.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So according to the commentary for The Wrong Jedi, Kiner used a full orchestra for the Ahsoka/fugitive arc, something they don't normally do. I'd say it certainly shows, and really helped these episodes remain memorable.

Season 5 in general had lots of great music, some of the best of the series.

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't Dave also say something about Kevin Kiner doing that on his own dime? I could have sworn I heard that, but I may have been imagining things..

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He said that.

He also said elsewhere the GL nixed using John William's music - wanting to save it for something memorable.

22. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I swear when I first heard that I was thinking. "This reminds me of Bastila's theme so much but WHY!"
    [media]
    I for one hear something akin to Bastila's theme but I can't place exactly where it sounds like it.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_hypnotized] If he doesn't consider this memorable, I wonder what he has planned in the future.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    No, this last episode was where it was used (though to be sure, I'm not sure if he said "John Williams" music or was implying using a full orchestra LIKE John Williams).

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    If Lucas is saving John Williams score for something special it'd have to be extremely big. Series Finale perhaps, Ahsoka's death, possible,something else? Who knows.