main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think that they have plans for her beyond the Clone Wars. Just a hunch.

SithLord_1270 likes this.
  2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't see Ahsoka as a bounty hunter either, but she does have some things in common with Ventress, now that Ventress is burned out on the dark side. I am sure that she was expelled from the Jedi Order specifically so that she could survive Order 66, which worked so well because it eliminated so many Jedi all at once. But any Force-users who were missed in that first attack would be very hard to get.

It is possible, I suppose, that Ahsoka and Ventress will team up to build new lightsabers for themselves.

Hmmm, just thought I'd add that the poll is a little dated, now that we know that she is expelled (by her choice in the end) from the Jedi Order.f

phatdude1138 and Bliss000 like this.
  3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Survive forever is what I wanna see

phatdude1138 likes this.
  4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I could see her, at least in the immediate future, going all Robin Hood and helping the helpless, maybe trying a one-woman crusade to do what the Jedi haven't been able to do during the war. No doubt we'll see her drawn into Jedi and Republic plots somehow in the days ahead.

I hope she doesn't rejoin the Jedi Order, though. I'd like to see her completely reconcile with Anakin at some point, but follow her own path. Right up until some noble death, maybe to save Anakin and Obi-Wan, right before ROTS. Well, maybe not right before ROTS, but a few months to let Anakin get back to his hotshot, quipping self at the beginning of ROTS.

5. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I don't think this is the last we will see of Miss Tano. I'm thinking she is probably going to Onderon.

rumsmuggler and phatdude1138 like this.
  6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    You must have been listening on my conversation with my niece today! LOL! I used the term "Robin Hood" as well!

Another thing is TCW has really been setting up the template for Ahsoka as a "third party" crusader for that last couple of seasons, hear me out:

How many episodes involved Ahsoka WANTING to help the local people or those in need just to get shut down by the Jedi Order or the Republic laws? A LOT!! I'm not going through every episode that this has happened in, but it seems to me that she has A LOT of places she can go to and make a difference.

Also my niece (don't worry, shes 20, not like a 5 year old LOL) made a good point: Ahsoka didn't leave the order because of anger or hatred. It really doesn't seem like her nature to be "evil". My only issue is someone like Ventress (or Ventress) trying to turn her into a Darkside apprentice. I mean Anakin turned, I hope Ahsoka would not be tempted.

I think the irony is Ahsoka can become one of the greatest Jedi of all time, because she's no longer BOUND by the Jedi Order. She's doing what Anakin wanted to do. She just has to steer clear of the darkside.

rumsmuggler and CaptainRex115 like this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, Force, NO! Granted, she's not "little Miss Perfect" so don't accuse me of saying she is - but she is close enough often enough that we (I) really don't need her confirmed as uber-Jedi. No - no- and NO.

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I guess I might have phrased it wrong. I meant more of in relation to TCW, the Jedi are so limited to what they can do (Republic and Jedi rules) that they don't seem to accomplish much. Ahsoka is now free from those rules. I guess the technicality is she's "not a Jedi" anymore. Which means more irony: A Jedi can do more when they are no longer a Jedi.

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Replace Tohm with Ahsoka

10. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Why is that a problem?

11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What you're suggesting is essentially that now, without the tight restrictions of the Jedi and bounds of Republic jurisdiction, Ahsoka has the potential to effectively become a Knight errant: traveling, righting wrongs, and helping others as she comes upon them?

rumsmuggler and Valairy Scot like this.
  12. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Yep yep!! That's what I'm hoping for. We are all "assuming" that's what is going to happen, and logic states that is the direction they would take. I just think it's a delicate balance. They've started to answer "why Ahsoka doesn't exist in ROTS", I just don't know how feasible it will be to have TCW episodes where Ahsoka never meets up with the core group again. It's alomst like there will be two versions of TCW:

1) Story arcs that center around the Jedi order, the Republic and their war with the Separatists.
    2) Story arcs that center around Ahsoka's travels.

Granted she could meet up with the old crew, but it starts to diminish her leaving the order in the first place. I just don't know if TCW can sustain separate stories. I hope they do though.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I suppose she can pop up in the EU.

14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Since the closest thread to "Ahsoka's FUTURE" is this thread, I'll go ahead and post here:

With Ahsoka leaving the Jedi order, there are a ton of places, people and groups that see can seek out. Some more obvious than others.

The first person we suspect she might visit is Ventress. This is obvious due to the season 6 finale where they both realize they are not that different from each other. Both were cast aside by their "groups". I'm not sure if this pairing up would work. Ventress is/was pretty evil. I also wonder about the possibility of Ventress taking Ahsoka back to the night sisters. This seems like another logical home for Ahsoka, a fringe force using group.

The next most logical place would be to go back to Onderon and rekindle feelings with Lux Bonteri. He is a freedom fighter now, just like Ahsoka. My problem with this is it would bother me that Ahsoka leaves the Order, but then chases her heart. It makes sense since she's never been allowed to love in that way, but also weakens her character. Finally another strong woman character in Star Wars, I don't want her cheapened by running to a man for support. The only good news about this move is it makes perfect sense given how Onderon is a neutral world.

Mandalorians and Bo-Katan. Bo-Katan is kinda in the same department as Ventress, but probably a little less evil. She lost her sister to Maul, and appears to be "going straight". Mandalore is another neutral system, perfect for Ahsoka to make home.

Dont' forget Cut Lawquane, a disillusioned clone trooper that attempted to carve a new life for himself as a simple farmer on Saleucami. He wants only to live in peace with his new family. Again, another person trying to get away from the war.

Ryloth. The Twi'leks of Ryloth have had some hard times. Again, another place Ahsoka can go and help out at.

Kadavo the Slave World. Zygerrian's are known for slavery, and Ahsoka herself was a slave her for a short time. I could see her going to this world to free slaves.

Now for the BAD:
    Boba Fett is still wandering the Galaxy. Possibly with Aurra Sing, Bossk and a few others. I don't see Ahsoka collecting bountys, but she may run into this crew. These guys could be her main enemies moving forward.

Hondo Ohnaka. I also don't see Ahsoka running with this group, but Hondo has shown signs of compassion every now and then. In a worse case scenario, she can fight against Hondo's evil plans.

The Hutts. Ahsoka rescued Rotta the Hutt, maybe Jabba and his son will repay the favor by helping Ahsoka.

So where did Ahsoka go when she walks down the stairs leading away from the Jedi temple? Let's hear your thoughts, since we have probably close to 6 to 9 months before we find out.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, phatdude1138 - thanks for clarifying and I can get behind that. Yeah, the Order really got strangled with politics - perhaps it was a survival need early in the Republic, but it sure bits them during this time period.

16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Gotcha. Yeah, I could go for that. The roving wrong-righter nature of Kerra Holt was what drew me to the Knight Errant novel and comic series, and I could potentially see that working out for Ahsoka, were it written well. Like you said, she certainly has the enthusiasm to go out and help people in need.

Addressing the points of your second post:
    While Ahsoka and Ventress had an interesting dynamic in To Catch a Jedi, I honestly don't see them being able to work together in any long term capacity. Despite what the dialogue might have you believe, they're too dissimilar at their core. The short time frame and supposed mutual benefit of their partnership in the episode worked well to keep them from grating on each other, but time would only allow them to face each other's flaws and views in full. I also can't see Jabba doing Ahsoka any favors, considering he was apparently willing to kill her even after she rescued Rotta. As for the Lawquanes...Ahsoka doesn't even know they exist, and I'd assume astronomical odds stand against her stumbling across their small Saleucami farm on her own journeys through the galaxy.

Onderon would be a likely destination, should they be interested in moving Ahsoka toward a quieter life away from the war. It would be an interesting way to have her confront her feelings for Lux, whether the outcome is eventually for the better or poorer, and should the latter be the result, they could visit the situation before having her move on to something else. Mandalore...I'm a bit more wary of. She may be able to find acceptance among the clans, but Death Watch would despise her for her Jedi ties, and she would stand out rather blatantly among the homogenous New Mandalorian population.

Honestly, I have no idea. It's not like she has an overabundance of close friends outside of the Order. Were I in her position, for whatever it's worth, I think I would catch an airbus to go see Riyo Chuchi, if for nothing else than a place to stay temporarily. From there, your guess is as good as mine.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    If she is to die, then I don't want Anakin to know about it. We're incredibly close to the start of ROTS, and it doesn't fit if Anakin is disgruntled. I say he's affected enough by her departure from the Order.

I'd like to see her interacting with Jettster, Chuchi, or other common people on Coruscant. Challenge for you, Filoni: now that you showed Coruscant's Jedi Temple and the planet's underground, depict the lives of the middle-high class citizens.

18. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    1.Onderan and Lux
    2. Team up with Asajj is a distant second
    3. Mandalore even more distant third option

And of course some time spent roaming around the galaxy. Although i think they won on Onderan so maybe some roving freedom fighting.

19. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    It could be that I'm tired, and I'm reading into something that isn't there, but reading Ashley's comments on her "Her Universe Facebook Page", it certainly seems like SHE is saying "goodbye". Maybe it's just a contractual thing. Or maybe she doesn't know yet. I just can't fathom her not coming back as Ahsoka. If she doesn't, it would be the most EPIC FAIL on Disney's part...

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think Disney have anything to do with the plot of this series.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe at this point I've got some mental block that just won't let me see that comment but where are the comments that seem to say goodbye?

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    http://boards.theforce.net/posts/50501992/

:)

23. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    See I am getting tired. :) I meant If Disney doesn't "re-new" TCW that would be an epic fail. Then as far as the writers and producers go, not keeping Ahsoka in is another separate fail.

However, TCW is limited on time. The events of ROTS can't be that far away.

In a perfect world, even once TCW meet up with ROTS, I would like to see TCW (under a different name) follow path of the secondary characters that we've met over the past 5 seasons. It seems kind of a waste to introduce us to all these new worlds, new characters, just to strip them away. Again, that's on Disney. If they want to maximize the profit off of the "Star Wars Brand", then they should keep pushing. However they may just switch to FILMS only of a different time frame.

It's a strange dynamic: All we had for so long was 6 films (about 13 hours of content). Now with TCW, we have FIVE SEASONS of material. It would be a shame to continue to utilize it.

Our last hope for Ahsoka is in the EU. Even though the EU gets a bad rap, it's always there once we lose the films and the shows. If she can't live on via TCW, I'm holding out for Ahsoka EU.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ah, replied in there.

25. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    They drag the Clone Wars out for another couple of seasons at least until the new movie comes out. Then launch a new cartoon to fill in the dots for the new ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.