main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: Favourite Season 5 arc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by K'Kruhk, Mar 2, 2013.

?

What was your favourite arc of Season Five?

1. Onderon

2.4%
  2. Young Jedi

2.4%
  3. D-Squad

3.5%
  4. Mauldalore

41.2%
  5. Ahsoka Tano

50.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    1- Mauldalore
    2- Ahsoka
    3- Young Jedi
    4- Onderon
    5 - D-Squad

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw, no love for Young Jedi? But drunk Hondo!

Still, I picked Mauldalore, though the final arc had some great aspects to it, despite a weak beginning.

InterestingLurker and 07jonesj like this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Honestly, drunk Hondo is probably some of the funniest content this show has delivered.

Darkslayer, KED12345 and Seerow like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hondo stole the Young Jedi arc.

Darkslayer, MistrX and 07jonesj like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A flying drunk Hondo is better :cool:

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    BTW...

1. Mauldalore
    2. Ahsoka Fugitive
    3. Young Jedi
    4. D-Squad
    5. Onderon

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Young Jedi
    3. Mauldalore
    4. Onderon

5. D-Squad

07jonesj likes this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh, were we supposed to rank them? Whoops.

1. Mauldalore

2. Ahsoka

3. Young Jedi

4. Onderon

5. D-Squad

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    1. Ahsoka Fugitive
    2. Mauldalore
    3. Young Jedi
    4. Onderon
    5. ****ing annoying droids

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So that was the title...

*Heads to Wikipedia to change the episode titles*

07jonesj likes this.
  11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Somehow the 'which was your favourite arc and why' bit in my original post was translated by everyone to 'let's rank these in order'. Oh well :p

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Our rankings are exactly the same! :D

13. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    Same here.

I honestly think Gascon was worse than the droids though.

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Mauldalore and Ahsoka are neck-and-neck. This is going to be another great poll battle.

Will no-one vote for Young Jedi? Would you break those children's hearts? :(

07jonesj likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm surprised as well. I think its because Mauldalore and the Ahsoka arc are two of the best arcs in the series.

16. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    1. Ahsoka - BY FAR the best arc, no comparison
    2. Mandalore - 2nd best arc in the series. Lame ending, first 3 were awesome
    3. Young Jedi - Grievous, and obiwan stole this arc. Hondo and ahsoka and the little jedi were cool too.
    4. Onderon - Great story, first 2 episodes flawed. however great ending
    5. D-Squad - Sorry, but worst arc of the season. Although Missing in action was probably one of the best episodes, the first two were so extremely bad that it ruined any hope of this arc getting a high ranking. the final episode was solid.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Ahsoka pulls into the lead.

Now the campaign season begins...

18. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Ahsoka Arc - While it does have its flaws I like how it explored the beginnings of the empire, anti-jedi setiment and the character stuff involving Ahsoka and Anakin.
    Shadow Conspiracy Arc - Ahsoka Arc and this are pretty much on the same level for me. To me personally the Shadow Conspiracy arc was more action oriented while the Ahsoka arc was more emotionally charged. Death Watch, Sidious vs Maul and Oppress imo this was pretty good.
    Young Jedi Arc - I didn't think it would but this arc turned out well . Good character moments for Hondo and Ahsoka.
    Onderon Arc - Not the best arc of the show but I found this arc entertaining
    Droid Arc - Haven't seen all of it yet so its ranking is subject to change.

19. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Mandalore
    3. Onderon
    4. Young Jedi
    5. D-Squad

Really I think the only differences we will see in the thread is between Ahsoka and Mandalore as 1 or 2. (I joke of course.)

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    1. Mauldalore (hate the premise but enjoyed the execution)
    2. Ahsoka (similar to above, though less enjoyable) and Young Jedi (good premise, too much Ahsoka however)
    3. Onderon (all kinds of terrible/boring)

4. Droids (the two episodes I watched were the last two, and they were a complete low point for the show)

The format of Season 5 was something I found very challenging in that if you weren't taken by the premise of an arc, you had a whole month of not enjoying it. That's why I think the smattering of duologies and stand-alone episodes throughout a season makes for greater enjoyment and diversity of stories.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka as a Fugitive-My favorite arc of the series. I would rank the episodes thusly: The Wrong Jedi, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, Sabotage, and To Catch a Jedi (I love them all though, 10/10 for each one). There were logic leaps here, don't get me wrong, but the depth to which they took Anakin and Ahsoka's comaraderie was amazing. These episodes accomplished what the prequels never could, they made me feel sorry for Anakin. Poor, poor, poor Ahsoka though, after what she went through, "it was a will of the Force?". Bull****. Possibly the most character progression ever and the characterizations for the most part were brilliant. The final scenes were poignant and yes, I shed a few tears. Not nearly as bombastic as the previous arc, but the emotions were there and the relationships between our core characters took real center stage here. Well done, TCW team, my eyes are tearing up listening to the music from the ending scene alone. Speaking of which, not only was the story for the most part great, the music and the animation went top-notch as well. If I had to describe this arc in one word, it would be: Beautiful.

[​IMG]

Mauldalore-Obi-Wan got the depth Anakin received in the Ahsoka arc, his relationship with Satine reached a heartbreaking conclusion. In order of preference: The Lawless, Eminence, Shades of Reason, and Revival (10/10 and then 9/10s respectively). Maul and Savage became more that "cool" fodder and the Mandalorians grew in scope. Sidious was handled well here, and Bo-Katan's character is certainly intriguing. If it wasn't for the Obi-Wan/Satine relationship explored in the finale, the arc would have ranked lower. Their relationship, their love, and how they handled their feelings for one another was brilliant. Those two just made it and sadly, their journey didn't.

[​IMG]

Young Jedi-Very intriguing to see the Jedi mythos explored a bit more, and this arc had David Tennant! This arc would go like this: A Necessary Bond, The Gathering, A Test of Strength, and Bound for Rescue (10/10 for all four). This arc didn't have the emotional punch of the Mandalore/Maul arc but the storyline and characters were so solid it's hard to place it at #4 or #5. The younglings were surprisingly not irritating, Yoda was used well, Ilum was beautiful, and Ahsoka vs. Grievous round two was great. And did I mention Flying Hondo?

[​IMG]

Onderon-Overall this arc was above average, but a few things kept it from its true potential. In order of preference: Tipping Points, The Soft War, A War on Two Fronts, and Front Runners (10/10, 9/10, 8/10, and 5/10 respectively). Sanjay Rash was a very one-dimensional villain who nevertheless didn't have too big of an impact on-screen, so he didn't do too much damage. I liked the rebels but overall the Onderonian public wasn't given much to do - this was to the arc's detriment. Even with a tremendous finale that was a great episode in its own right, the Onderon arc was a bit too close as an arc to conventionality. I liked the last two episodes and the first one, but the second one was a huge detriment to the arc - it should have served as a character study of the Onderonian people and reconciling Onderon with the Bonteri tale, but it instead went for...I'm not entirely sure what.

[​IMG]

D-Squad-My God, this arc was horrible. Absolutely horrible. Instead of the two worst episodes of the season and contenders for the worst of the series, Maudalore and the Ahsoka arc could have used an additional episode each, or perhaps one for Maudalore (Ahsoka arc's pacing was much better), and the Clovis arc in its entirety for this season? Missing in Action gets an 8/10 out of me, A Sunny Day in the Void gets a 7/10, while Point of No Return is garnered with a 4/10 and Secret Weapons can have a generous 2/10. Gregor should have carried this entire arc, the droids were unnecessary, even if some of them were kind of cool. A terrible waste of time with the first and last episodes.

Overall, I have rather enjoyed Season 5. Season 4 still is my favorite so far, and Season 2 has almost no severe gripes from me and Season 5 slips right in at the #3 position. Characters and stories for the most part have grown and I tremendously enjoyed this ride pretty close to its entirety. The ending was the most poignant yet and Season 5 has completely changed the series, for the better I believe. There were mistakes along the way, but this season has proved the team is willing to take risks. The animation, facial expressions, and especially music this season has been phenomenal. Stories largely have become more complicated and complex. Well done TCW team, I am looking forward to Season 6, regardless of where and when, more and more and more.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    AkashKedavra_93 Stop giving 10/10s like candy! The more you have, the less significance it holds. [face_thinking]

23. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, there were more than a couple episodes that warranted a 10/10 from me, but then there were the ones with 5 or below as well, thank you.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You have twice as many 10/10s in this single season as I have in the entire show. :p

It's not that I dislike this show, far from it, it's just that to give a 10/10 is an acknowledgement of near-perfection for me. It takes the very best this show can offer to earn that score.

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, and I for one believe the Ahsoka and Young Jedi arcs were near-perfection. Likewise, I say the same for The Lawless and Tipping Points.

QuangoFett and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.