main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well there is no reason Thrawn cannot think its his master plan does not mean it actually was.

fett 4 and Esg like this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    "It's a traitor!"

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I do that because I feel alienated as a Star Wars fan, by both TCW, specifically the double speak its causing on what happens during the Clone Wars, and the post-NJO, where all I see are ideas I can't stand and the undermining of the NJO.
    I have no problem with Outbound Flight, but Greedo shot first never happened.

Its not so much a living universe to me as it is an evolving history. I would also add my above response to HEDGESMFG.

That's exactly how I view what TCW is doing, it destroys the coherency of the Clone Wars for me.

4. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    It helps that Greedo shot first is so easy to ignore.

CeiranHarmony and Mia Mesharad like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't understand the issue. Barriss gets thrown in prison, and is deprogrammed by the Council in time for Order 66. It doesn't hurt continuity until they tell us that she never recovers and dies in prison. Everything on Mandalore happens and then meets the status quo (it all but has now). Everything with Maul will happen and then meet the status quo. Ventress was already implied to have returned to Dooku after Obsession because of what happened in Fett 6, set after it in the old multimedia project.

Summer Dreamer, Esg, Cronal and 2 others like this.
  6. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    We know.

Anyway, interesting episode, and not a bad series-ender if they needed it to be (I wonder if the TCW team knew a real-life sea change was coming down the pipe?). It is interesting that the Council was apparently ready to let Ahsoka come back in as a Knight ("this was your Great Trial"), which lends a bit more steam to Anakin's claim of mastery.

I could have handled Broken Idealist Terrorist Barriss, but Darkside Barriss (the red lightsabers "suit me") seems a bit much. Red sabers are the visible sign of a Sith, which I don't think Show Barriss wants to become.

I wonder if Ahsoka was tried in the same courtroom as Corran Horn a generation later? Given that both defendants were framed, it would "rhyme" in a way.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    You've got a retcon ready for all the other characters from TPM and AotC which appeared in the EU but not RotS, don't you?

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Mebbe.

I'm practising on Clone Wars continuity before the Sequel Trilogy :)

9. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    ST is going to obliterate the EU. Everything from the OT out is in serious danger.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Good point.

Anakin being Anakin, he'd likely ignore the issue that Ahsoka rejected the Jedi and fixate on "I trained a Padawan up to Knight-level". And, especially if he swallows his pride in this instance, this really helps sell why he would explode when refused Masterhood in Episode III.

Hm. Yeah. I really hope Ahsoka remains estranged from the Jedi, in light of this.

11. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    His emotional outbursts make it pretty clear why they did not vote him to master not to mention him being forced in by Palpatine was not likely to help matters.

Honestly, if anakin was not the chosen one. He probably would have gotten chucked out of the order.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Of course, but this is part of what made Anakin's behaviour in RotS so silly (at least without the novel's holocron archive subplot). It's pretty ridiculous for him to react as badly as he does, knowing that his is a political appointment... but if Anakin can now point to having trained a Padawan up to the point where the Masters were willing to acknowlege her as a Knight, it frames their refusal in RotS in his mind as their latest refusal, fuelling his persecution complex, and adding greater context to his fall.

Especially if he feels like he handled the last occasion he was denied with humility and grace.

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Was she really Jedi Knight Level or was that just an apology appointment? Besides I would hope the standards for Master are higher then training only one padawan up to knight level. Although I suppose it should be easier to get promoted to the council in war times when the competition is dying.

14. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

and Adi Gallia survived Obsession then how exactly...?

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Rushed to one of the medical frigates, apparently. Made a full recovery, only to die on Florrum.*

*I hate this btw.

Esg and CeiranHarmony like this.
  16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    It doesn't matter either way. The point is that Anakin, being Anakin, will think "Oh, Knight level? I guess that means I'm good enough to be a Master, then".Which helps further explain his attitude in RotS.

17. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Good Point. Anakin is a self centered and entitled brat.

Ulicus likes this.
  18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Kenobi and Grievous meet each other all the time too!
    Why did they change the name of the CR70 corvette anyway? I thought the whole point was to establish a link to the beginning of ANH.
    More Jedi need to die during Order 66. If they change Barriss' fate, then how many Jedi did perish?
    The EU keeps letting Jedi survive Order 66 while the movies make clear most Jedi died when it was issued.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Dude, Jedi surviving Order 66 is awesome. The more Jedi survive, the more Vader and the Inquisition have to do.

It's Jedi surviving the Purge that's the problem. :p

20. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I'm not following. Can you clarify what you're main points are again, perhaps with a couple references to help support your claims? A works cited list would be fantastic.

It's great that your such a champion of Star Wars freedom of expression. [face_tired]

21. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I do wonder though on Barriss's motivations... I know what she said during the trial but it just feels thrown in there a bit. I have been thinking on whether there is some high ranking Jedi who believes the Order has gone down the wrong path and has placed his viewpoint on impressionable younger Jedi. If so, then Barriss could just be the latest one and there might be more Jedi betrayals in the future. I think I would prefer that train of thought as it would make Barriss's random betrayal make more sense. Mostly cause we don't see that change... its nice Barriss one day fighting on Geonosis and now suddenly evil Barriss who likes red lightsabers and thinks the Order is evil. Feels like a very sudden change. So, if there was possibly some mastermind Jedi involved who represents an 'aggressive' faction within the Order then it makes more sense that this is the guy causing problems. Because I just can't picture a young Padawan managing to get things like nanodroids and masterminding this conspiracy all by her lonesome.

But all in all, I did like the rest of the episode. The foreshadowing and all things. I quite like Tim Curry but he just doesn't sound very Palpatine-ish to me either. Maybe he might grow on me though in time. Beyond that, I really dig the designs of the Jedi guards. Presuming they are Jedi who are attached to the Temple Security Force. Wonder what class of Jedi they are... maybe Guardians? Makes sense to me if they were. The Chamber of Judgement was nice as well. And Ahsoka's refusal since its true... the Council did betray her. They were in a tough position between the Republic and themselves but still they really messed up. Even Mace's speech about how this was a true trial of Ahsoka's as a Jedi felt very forced... like 'haha... yeah... uh we betrayed you but don't think of it as a betrayal, think of it as a character building exercise' :p

22. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    EDIT: Double post

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not over the moon with it, either.

But that's all we've got. Grievous failed to kill Adi, that's literally all I can say.

24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And is in this robbed of his most prestigious kill.
    Like seriously, who tops his list now? Pablo-Jill? Roth-Del Masona? Gah. Character assassination is one thing TCW has no trouble doing.

Esg likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Valid point, definitely. He still has a hundred Jedi deaths to his name, at least.