main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Mace: "Ay yo, Ahsoka, I know we completely mistrusted you, and were fully willing to send you off to your death, but everything's cool now, right?"

Ahsoka: "About that..I'm out."

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    True, I don't believe any one said anything about execution out loud at the time. But Ahsoka was going up against charges of treason and sedition. These aren't minor misdemeanors that'll get you a slap on the wrist and stern talking to. The death penalty should have been on nearly everyone's mind as a potential worst-case scenario with charges of that magnitude, whether by firing squad or some other means. And thus, logically, the Jedi should have been acting accordingly.

While I agree that vocal support is a definite boon for Ahsoka, the support wasn't being vocalized to the right people in order to be actually helpful. Talking amongst themselves about how they still have faith in Ahsoka is well and good, but then they expelled her anyway and turned her over to a military tribunal. They sat off to the side, apparently too afraid to even consider stepping on "the Senate's" toes to speak out against Tarkin on Ahsoka's behalf. Anakin spoke his support of Ahsoka, then followed through by acting in her defense. He put his words into tangible action, and it was his support that is ultimately responsible for the galaxy not being short one Togruta by episode's end.

pronker and Fish On The Sand like this.
  3. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Male, crier, spoiled . . . I cried because a whole season went by without Cad Bane.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    "I’ve been recording in the studio with Matt Lanter and the rest of the Jedi for the past seven year, and Ahsoka is walking away from the Jedi, so I wasn’t going to be able to record scenes anymore with Matt, James [Arnold Taylor] and Dee [Bradley Baker] and all these other people I’ve grown to love."

IGN: "Would I be correct if I was to assume this was the scene that we talked about when I spoke to you and Matt last year, that you two recorded privately?"
    Eckstein: "Yes, this was the scene. We recorded up until the Jedi Council tries to give her her Padawan beads back, and then Dave kicked everyone out of the studio. Nobody knew for the longest time what actually happened. I don’t think they expected it at all. In fact, a lot of cast members are just finding out now what happened. We’ve kept this secret for about a year now."

That means there are likely no scenes with Ahsoka and Anakin, Obi-Wan or any Clones in Season 6. There's been a year of recording and most of the cast still didn't know what happened to Ahsoka!

Perhaps Ahsoka won't appear in the next season after all? :_|

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    then what the heck would the show have? As much as I don't want to say it, that is what the backbone of the show is. Or at least has been made out to be that way

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    They could do a final season 6 that deals with Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship leading into ROTS. I'd very much like that.

Until that interview, I'd have bet money on Ahsoka being in Season 6, but that pretty much says that she won't unless Ashley is lying about the cast members just finding out the result of the episode (why would she? That really doesn't make any sense).

pronker likes this.
  7. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    ratings, teasing us, maybe she was told to so she wouldn't give anything away

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe, a season without Ahsoka would mean more screentime for Rex. <<:

or maybe Ahsoka just won't appear with any of the regular characters. I just hope its not a sign that the gang simply aren't recording at all anymore.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    She refuses to comment on Ahsoka's future later in the interview giving the now-standard, "there are many more stories to tell" comment we've seen over the past week. However, that's a very specific story - that the cast members are only just finding out about the ending - and it matches Filoni's comments in the Google Hangout that Matt and Ashley did that scene away from everyone else so spoilers wouldn't get out.

Congratulations, Seerow. You managed to turn my "maybe there won't be any Ahsoka" to "maybe there won't be anything".

Ya damn pessimist! :p

10. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Still don't buy it

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    At the very least, there are 18 more episodes. The Wrong Jedi was production number 5.11, and they make 26 episodes in a production season. The unaccounted three episodes are the Clovis trilogy which are episodes 4.19-4.21.

pronker likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Right to be re-released in 6 years as the 18 lost episodes of TCW.

07jonesj. I'm sorry I'm really falling down on my job as the forum great optimist. I'm anxious and excited and its making me dramatic. =b

07jonesj likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That's okay. [:D]

I've done a huge turnaround. After last week's episode, I was really pessimistic about this one... but then this episode blew me away, so now I'm
    07JonesJ - the SuperOptimist. :D

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My signature approves of this msg.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    This episode was obvious. I suppose Barriss getting no real help and her putting up such a good fight against Anakin was shock though.

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Well I need you guys to be extra optimistic because I don't know how many months I can wait for the answer of if Ahsoka is back or even if TCW is back!!

I should blame myself, but I'm going to blame TCW team! I was always a TCW fan, but just recently I've started to really enjoy "most" of the episodes. They really started progressing the story well and even the characters. This episode proves that. "Almost" everyone that commented on this episode said the voice acting of Anakin and Ahsoka is the best yet! Finally this show is bringing out emotions in people, and now we are "at the end of the road"? The irony I tell you.. I finally feel something for Ahsoka, and now there's a chance she history.

But I'll try and be optimistic.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -hug.- I'm going to charge you with keeping me on an optimistic path. You guys depend on it, don't ya know. I'm letting ya down. Whenever I post something pessimistic hit me with this:

[​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll just lightly tap you Seerow, I don't want to hurt you. :(

I actually just rewatched the episode, and I have a question that LACWAC may or may not be able to answer. Did Anakin and Ahsoka get new facial rigging in this story arc? Because I swear the animation and subtlety in their faces has never been so profound. Look at Anakin's face when he says goodbye to Ahsoka as she jumps into the Coruscant underground, and then at the end of this episode. It's so realistic!

pronker and Seerow like this.
  19. LordDarthPlagueis

LordDarthPlagueis Jedi Knight

Apr 1, 2006
    If the show were to end today, then the reason Mace doesn't trust Anakin is because Skywalker went behind the Council's back to find the evidence needed to exonerate his wrongfully expelled Padawan. You cannot make this stuff up. Or can u, David? Based upon what I just saw, shouldn't Mace be working to regain Anakin's trust? The Force works, how? Fool. Should have read my unauthorized autobiography, then he would have known better than to say something so mindnumbingly dumb. This four parter also felt out of place, it was too Imperial looking, feels like post ROTS, not pre ROTS.

Fish On The Sand likes this.
  20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, it's not worth getting into a war of words over this since it's perceptions, but if even 1/3 of the Council was against expulsion for whatever reasons, is it really fair to say "they" (all) expelled her anyway, were too afraid to step on toes, etc.? I will concede that once that particular battle was lost, then perhaps it was time to fight another battle - we don't really know the timeline here and I'm sure it was greatly compressed, but how sure can any of us be about what they did or did not do or say? Perhaps they were helping Padme with the defense? I'm not saying they did, but we cannot say they did not.

I believe we heard somewhere that she'll appear - it's just most likely that she won't appear with her former Jedi comrades.

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    After trying to stay away from all you folk for the past couple days, I finally just got my itunes download in and watched it....so, i'm sorry if i'm repeating anyone else's thoughts but I need to let it out....

The things that got me the most about this episode were Ahsoka's facial expressions. Everytime we got a shot of her, I just couldn't help but seeing so much sadness and abandonment. It definitely made me well up a few times...And with the folding of Anakin's hand, I pretty much lost it. Everyone was saying how this episode was really emotional, ande before my viewing I was flip-flopping between whether I thought this show could draw tears but, without a doubt, this was the most emotional episode of the series IMO. And I was so glad that they didn't bust in with TCW theme when the credits rolled. It would've ruined the moment to the nth degree.

As for Ahsoka not being back next Season, I hope (as someone stated earlier) that the interview could still leave room for her being present here and there but not with the core cast in any extreme degree. If they do decide to bring it back to the "Anakin and Obi-wan: Heroes of the Republic" feeling and reestablish that relationship to better mesh w/ LOE and ROTS, I'm all for it!

Also, so Ahsoka knows that Padme and Anakin are married, yes? Thats what I got from that line...was there any other possibilities?

Oh....and am I correct in assuming that (despite handing her Padawan braid back) the council was implying that she had passed the Jedi Trials and were possibly going to knight her?

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Wow is Lux the only boyfriend Ahsoka will ever have ever in the whole galaxy I mean his arc with her kinda seems done, they can't have her meet someone else just once :confused:

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed, Ahsoka is pretty much the main character and her relationship with Anakin is pretty much the backbone of the show.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I don't think Ahsoka knows about Anakin's marriage, just his feelings and desires to leave the Order in order to "indulge" those feelings.

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That's pretty much the only interpretation I can see. Anakin's look of surprise when she says that is actually kind of funny.

So Obi-Wan and Ahsoka knew of their marriage. YODA! If only you'd gotten to know Anakin!

dewback_rancher and pronker like this.