main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Missing scenes from the trailers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Matchstk, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matchstk

Matchstk Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    There were two scenes in the various Season 5 trailers that we never saw.

1.) Anakin attacking a man in Padme's presence, even drawing his lightsaber as Padme pleads "Anakin!" The scene looked to be in Padme's quarters.

2.) Anakin and Ashoka facing off in an urban environment, with Anakin weilding his blue lightsaber and a green lightsaber. Ashoka only has one of her lightsabers. And the two look like they're about to duel. Very serious looks.

We didn't get either of those scenes.

I could have sworn there was a press release early on which stated this would be a 22-episode season like usual and that Ian Abercrombie had finished all of his voice work for the season. Yet the finale saw Tim Curry voicing Palpatine.

Did Disney mess with Clone Wars? Was the ending changed?

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The first one is from the Clovis trilogy which was moved from Season 5.

The second one, I believe, is just creative editing for the trailer.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Missing? I give you Satine's line from the trailer: "Sometimes heroes fall despite their strengths."

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Clovis arc

Clovis arc

No

Yes (Cartoon Network was an ass and didn't want to bump it up to 23 episodes so they cut it to 20.)

Also, I have an bad feeling this thread is gonna be locked for some reason.... in which case:
    [​IMG]

Zabrak 2 and Darth Ibonek like this.
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, boy - when Clovis does air - is Ahsoka in it? (More explaining to newbies, I forsee.)

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    She wasn't in any of the Clovis clips shown - just Anakin and Padme.

7. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    We don't know. Rumor is that it will be the season opener if TCW gets renewed or that it will be an extra on the DVD.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You can basically blame the Young Jedi Arc, that Arc was originally be aired for a special with the Clovis Arc coming after the Onderon Arc, but they changed it so now Clovis is coming S6

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Meh, I prefer to blame the D-squad arc which should have been a standalone episode. [face_frustrated]

10. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Yea this will get locked .

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    They moved the Clovis arc because I'm assuming Ahsoka isn't present in the arc at all. Young Jedi gave her another arc to star in before he eventual departure from the Jedi Order.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ya know, that might be the best theory so far about what happened to the Clovis arc in season.

13. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the "Clovis arc"?

The Shadow Emperor and Paparazzo like this.
  14. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I assume that Fives-gunning-down-droids arc was also four episodes?

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I reckon they'll kill Padme's handmaiden in the Clovis arc, from the way Embo is targeting Padme with a rifle and she jumps to help.

16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I wonder whether only Anakin will appear in the Clovis arc. Ahsoka sure cannot appear after the finale...

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It'll likely take place before this arc anyway, as it features Cato Neimoidia.

18. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Haha can tell you're new. [face_laugh]

1. That is from The Clovis Arc that was pushed into Season 6, everyone knows that :p

2. Just because two shots are next to each other doesn't mean they're from the same scene/episode. When Ahsoka looks serious its from 'To Catch a Jedi' after she has been pushed on the floor by Barriss and is getting up. The other shot of Anakin is from 'The Wrong Jedi' and me and several other members of the forum managed to notice that they had changed the colour of the lightsaber for the trailer to throw us off the fact that Anakin was using Barriss' lightsaber. You need to look at things better as you will see they're not in the same environment.

Sometimes things change, due to the fact that the Young Jedi arc was not going to be aired within this season and The Clovis arc was supposed to air instead, The Clovis arc would of made the Season full to 22 episodes. If I am correct I believe I read that Abercrombie had finished 'most' of his work before he sadly passed away.

19. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I think they will cut out those Ahsoka scenes. I think Ahsoka saying "I know" before she leaves, means that she figured out in the Clovis arc that Anakin and Padme are a couple. Unfortunatly we will never see that scenes. Maybe just on DVD as deleted scenes.

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Oh dang, good question. If they air it in Season 6, that would just be completely confusing if Ahsoka is in it. Sure, we'll understand it's before she left in terms of the timeline, but no one else will understand it.

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If Ahsoka really has worked out the extent of Anakin and Padme's relationship, she's spent enough time with the two of them in previous seasons to realise it. Heck if Obi-Wan has worked it out by the time of ROTS off-screen, then Ahsoka can do so to :p

The Clovis arc probably doesn't have Ahsoka in it at all which is why it was the more likely candidate to have been moved due to her lack of appearance. If she played a really major role in the Clovis arc then it wouldn't have been moved or appeared in - I'd imagine the next arc to have been moved would have been the D-Squad arc.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't see why not. Folks who watch TCW know the score as far as timeline jumping goes. Anybody watching`for the first time only has to ask. It may be a little awkward, sure, but no worse than all of the jumping around TCW did for the first few years. :)

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hell, they've run episodes out of timeline order before. See: Hostage Crisis.

They could still run the Clovis arc even if Ahsoka were in it, although explaining that to small kids would be a total *****.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

24. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    remove it COMPLETELY please..

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Anyone who watches it on here. I had no idea before I joined these forums that certain episodes were out of order, I just knew episodes like Cat and Mouse were before the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.