main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    so sure are you? why not the other way around.. Savage failed.. and Grievous finished her.

Jedi use neardeaths all the time to let a being vanish and end up in deep undercover missions while assumed to be dead... Kenobi did it, Quinlan Vos did it, Jon Antilles did it repeatedly so it became a joke, Kkrukk mastered it...

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    That's how I see that event, since she gets stabbed and I don't think is ever seen again in the episode. I just figure she survied that, and later on is killed by Grievous, as I am pretty sure the Jedi Council never aknowledge her death.

3. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Having watched it again, as far as Barris goes, we can all agree that her views were correct. She would have been justified in leaving the Order and the Republic, becoming one of those Jedi who refused to obey the call to lead the Clone Army against the Separatists.

4. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    [​IMG]

Is this from the 3rd prequal movie...I am confused!

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *frowns*

I suppose it could be the other way around, but does that work with Ventress continuity?

And Shadow Conspiracy specifically state she died there, in-novel. A comic can be misinterpreted, prose can't...?

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Also, TCW trumps the rest of the EU, unfortunately. But I'll agree, the lack of mention in the rest of the arc (and season) about Adi's demise was weird.

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    JackG Sinrebirth well even if aired out of order the next episode had her in background with the jedi alive :p so much for Adi surviving

As for Ventress continuity, the tank and tech in Obsession always made me think this is not Ventress, this is a clone. Add to that her supposed return to Dooku as per Fett young reader novel #6.. which makes no sense if she is left behind twotimes by Dooku and still returns.

8. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    look at the authors of LOTF and how they misinterpreted Traitor... anything else I need to say? :p

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    this is from the 2nd, AOTC.. she is not even credited in ROTS as per imdb

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    About the timeline: To be honest, the Clone Wars was overcrowded already...and frankly, the time period around the OT is just as bad, if not even worse (apparently Luke, Leia and Han went on a lot of adventures in the short time before Yavin was evacuated)

Heck, considering the number of people who stole the Death Star plans, I am just glad we don't have 27 different knighting ceremonies for Anakin.

PS - While I agree with Mechalich in principle, I have to strongly disagree with his example. I think the portrayal of the Mandolorians in TCW was one of its better decisions - it made the Mandolorians a bit less one note than they were before, restored some of the former Mando continuity, and what problems there were have been smoothed out already. The benefit to the show has been to add a visually striking culture, allowed for awesome jetpack fights, cast a critical eye at pacifists and militarists alike, and has given us some of the best episodes in the show.

Though admittedly it was also the source for the two worst episodes of the show.....

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I did post that about Kenobi and Grievous somewhere on this thread. Don't ask where but I did.

General Immodet likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought she was working on her own in that book? I haven't read that book in a while, a long while but thought she was working solo?

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I think people aren't taking into account the actual numbers involved with surviving Jedi. Let's not forget that for "all the Jedi being wiped out", three Council members survived according to just the OT. Then we have the Jedi that quit the Order before the war, the Jedi that turned to the Dark Side and joined the Empire as an Inquisitor or other Dark Sider, and of course that many of the Jedi that survived Order 66 died in the Purge in the months following. The Order itself was completely destroyed with Order 66, and that's the main point.

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    she was leading CIS troops. on her own maybe, that was a retcon proposed but not canon yet. ;)

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay wasn't sure. I remember her ship attacking Fett who was attacking one of the Separatist leaders but wasn't sure if she was attacking him to stop him and let the leader get away or capture him for herself.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So are we supposed to have a re-imagined interpretation philosophy of the Clone Wars and the OT? I mean the events that happened in the 02-05 arc might have happened or that the 08 to present series course of events might have happened? I don't really like that. Yes I know there are 3 sides to every story: your side, the enemies side and the actual truth. But a concrete story would be nice.

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    new episode guide is up folks!!!

trivia is all wrong again... they say yellow temple guard sabers are first time ever yellow blades appear in cinematic canon...

first.. what the hell is cinematic canon? series and movies only?

well.. even if so that is wrong...Ahsoka got a yellow shoto lightsaber as wookieepedia even says in this images description. they once more do not even know their own show! aside that.. cinematic canon might include cinematic scenes from videogames.. then Kyle Katarn games, TOR trailers and else laugh in TCW face with waving yellow sabers here and there...

[​IMG]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Gee, I avoid this thread for a couple of days and I have a ton of pages to read up on. Being spoiler-free sucks sometimes. :p

I have no words for the main plotline of the episode, so I'll move on to discussing side details:

Didn't look like a military tribunal to me. Yes, the individuals making the decisions were called "members" just as a member of a court martial would be (keep in mind, though, that a military commission/tribunal is not the same as a court martial; the former is an irregular court and the latter is regular), but they looked like senators to me. Tarkin himself said earlier that the Senate would try her.

I propose that it's a body akin to the law lords of the House of Lords -- we can call it the Judicial Committee or something else. It can also be similar to U.S. impeachment proceedings, where the Senate is the trial court, or to Roman treason trials, which were held in the Senate and voted on in the comitia. Since Ahsoka was both a former Jedi and a commander in the GAR, I suppose the trial had to be the highest, most formal level of trial possible.

Of course, the House of Lords -- like the U.S. Supreme Court and the present U.K. Supreme Court -- was the court of last resort rather than the trial court, but oh well.

19. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    @CeiranHarmony
    For some reason they have always tried to insist that Ashoka's shoto is green, even though it is clearly yellow.

Probably because Lucas felt strongly that blue, green, and red were the only allowed colors (even though he introduced black ones). Maybe this is what they mean by saying that they are not restricted anymore?

CeiranHarmony and Esg like this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I really hope the restrictions are the arbitrary Lucas restrictions and not the EU ones. They seemed to want to follow EU, as far as what Filoni's told us, except when Lucas tells them to do it his way.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yes, that is what the official site is referring to with "cinematic canon". G and T.

And don't they consider the shoto to be yellow-green or something?

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW series =/= cinematic

Esg and CeiranHarmony like this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What's wrong with that? It's Anakin who meets Grievous in Episode III.

24. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]
    They lied to us.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Based off the novelization, Mace tells Obi-Wan why he is the perfect choice to go after Grievous. The Order's best secret weapon if you will. That conversation to me implies that Obi-Wan or Grievous haven't met yet. TCW ruins/lesses the impact of that scene every time they they meet up. He's their best chance at beating him? Why hasn't he defeated Grievous then?

GGrievous, Esg and Zeta1127 like this.