main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    He was in a hurry. Season 5 final was airing in the Holonet.

Grendelspyce likes this.
  2. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I have to admit I hated the fact that Barriss was portrayed so powerful in this episode. She managed to avoid being detected by Ventress and successfully taking her out. However, Ventress sensed Anakin when he was standing above her, but somehow failed to sense Barriss.
    On top of that, Barriss was so powerful to be able to force choke Letta from the other side of the building in the previous episode.

3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Wasn't she distracted by the shadow of the ugly cat?

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I hope Filoni lurks here. I hope the Ashley fest is annoying his eyes worse than mine.

5. Phlegon

Phlegon Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2013
    Anyone else notice there is but one Master who doesn't say anything at the end.....

Obi-Wan. I have a personal feeling about this but I am not going to share.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Wow. I have to say this season-ending arc was easily one of the series' best thus far. The voice acting, animation, were all top notch. I've only been into this series for the past 3.5 months (although I did watch the movie back when it premiered and I was admittedly unimpressed), and it's amazing how far the characters have evolved. These past two arcs have made me a true believer in this series. All credit due to the wonderful cast, directing crew, and composer.

This episode is definitely a fitting season finale, and while it doesn't close the chapter on Ahsoka completely, it does give us a satisfying answer as to why she is not mentioned or appears at all in RotS. It's certainly a brilliant ending to the 4-part arc, and the culmination of likely years of preparation by Filoni and crew. The over-arching plot was solid and the emotional turmoil in this episode was probably the best in the series thus far. I have to say, the range emotions Anakin shows in this arc is far greater than what Hayden Christensen ever showed in the entire PT. The facial animation has indeed come a long way since the beginning. Also, I loved seeing most of the Council together in the same room; too bad only six of them actually got lines to speak (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi Mundi). It would have been awesome if Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, and newly introduced Coleman Kcaj (?) got a line or two.

That being said, I did feel the whole plot at the end did seem a bit rushed at the end, with Anakin discovering the true culprit at the eleventh hour. Barriss' motivation did seem a bit contrived, although I still found it ultimately satisfying. I have more to add in the Barriss thread. There were definitely a lot of plot conveniences, as others have said, regarding the framing of Ahsoka and the whole bombing of the Temple scheme. But this doesn't detract from the rest of the episode, which was downright amazing. It was certainly fitting that Kiner provided new, somber music to the ending credits.

7. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    JAT was sick and didn't report to the studio that day?

Anzeroth2112 likes this.
  8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Honestly, I think Anakin chose to let Ventress know he was following her. And by doing so gave Ventress a chance to chose if she was going to run or let herself be confronted by him. I think if Ventress had ran that she would have ended up dying because Anakin truly would have been so full of hatred that he couldn't stop himself. However Ventress chose to just keep walking knowing that Anakin was right there behind her. Thus allowing for Anakin to confront her and calm himself down because I'm pretty sure Anakin knew that she didn't run and she had a chance too.

I really don't think Barriss held her own so much as Anakin let her hold her own. He needed to capture her and take her in so she could tell the Senate that she did it. Defeating her early on would possibly lead to more tragic circumstances and we would have had to dealt with two deaths with this episode. Because one foolish move on Anakin's part and Barriss would be dead. Sometimes you have to play cat and mouse to get what you want and need.

pronker and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  9. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    If a Sith Apprentice can be distracted that easily then I have hugely overestimated Ventress :D

10. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    That is true, however I believe that Anakin was not thinking with his brain at all during his confrontation with Barriss. For example look at how aggressive Anakin was when he ignited Barriss' Lightsaber and immediately attacked her. If he had been wrong at that point he would have killed an innocent Jedi Padawan.

11. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I can understand how Barriss would cause someone to not think with their brain, and end up holding their own.

12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I loved the episode. Save for some of Barriss' characterization as well as the poor writing in regards to Ahsoka leaving the order. How much better would it have been for Ahsoka to have AGREED with Barriss? Granted, not with her methods, but with her sentiments on what the Jedi and the Republic have become.

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Tell us.

he also wanted to chase them, but Plo held him back.

14. DavraCahan

DavraCahan Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2013
    Three points got me on this particular episode:

1. Ahsoka's "trial" with the Jedi Council. Seriously, Yoda? You're not going to even try to use the Force to find out the truth? I'm with Ahsoka there; "Take it easy, Jedi Order. Have a good war."

2. Barriss Offee, my favorite background Jedi of the movies, is now a traitor and murderer...that's nice. I'm sorry, Barriss. I'm so sorry. You deserved so much better, you were brilliant! Whoever chose you for the chopping block didn't know what they were doing.

3. When I hear Tim Curry, honestly, all I hear is Tim Curry. He's a terrific actor, but his sound is too distinctive for voicing a character that has been played by the same person for over four seasons. When Mako Iwamatsu died, they at least got someone who could sound like him to play General Iroh on Avatar: The Last Airbender...

But, what are you going to do? It is what it is...

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think he sensed that Barriss was going to go for Ventress lightsabers or at least thought that by acting like he was going to attack that he would force Barriss to either back away because she has nothing or force her to bring Ventress blades out of their hiding spot. I mean Barriss was backing away while Anakin had his back turned, I really believe she was going to attack Anakin first. Because she knew he was close to uncovering the truth that it was her.

16. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Anakin would not have killed Bariss. He is a sword Master and sensed Bariss lying. Just watch again the episode, bariss gave herself away with her comments and questions. "I hope i am not in trouble", "Who said you that i talked to her?", "It was clearly not Ahsoka."

Just somebody who knows Ahsoka is innocent woul talk like that.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Tell me, young anakinfan...did you ever hear the Tragedy Of Darth Lucas the wise?"
    "No."
    "I thought not...it's not a story the Screenwriter's Guild would tell you. It's a film legend. Darth Lucas was a director so powerful, and so convinced of his own ability to write that he could even keep the actors he cared about...from ever speaking decent dialogue."
    "He could actually screw films up that badly?"
    "Having so much money is a pathway to directorial decisions some would consider to be...unnatural."

Dave Filoni "Is it possible to learn this power?"

;)

18. MandyAhsokaTano

MandyAhsokaTano Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2013
    I cannot bring myself to rewatch it either. I only watched the episode once and cried forever. I can't even go through that again, I mean you feel that little string connecting Anakin and Ahsoka become skinnier and skinnier until it is just a mere one thread. That moment where they part ways is so touching to the heart. You could see the pain in Akakin's face..Ahsoka's tear. Their bond is still there, and always will be, but now I fear she won't see him again for quite a while...but I want them to tell us what she's up too. I really hope that the concept of this was for Ahsoka to survive order 66. I imagine that she's on her home planet and when she hears about order 66, she rushes back to the jedi, in fear that Anakin has passed but Anakin is alive..oh now that would be a good episode..My guesses aside, does anyone else think that she leaves in order to avoid order 66? Do you think she'll come back? I really don't think she'll become just a bounty hunter or team up with ventress. I think her role as Ahsoka Tano is much more bigger than that...like one to make change to the ways of the jedi..because I think the jedi council is falling.

rumblewagon likes this.
  19. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    LOL, but what if she finds a new love interest when she returns back to her homeplanet? Or if she returns .. Or maybe find someone along the path? You never know..Instead of opening an old can of worms, why not open a new can of worms?
    If Steela had lived, do you guys think Lux would have been with her or Ahsoka?

20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have never seen Dave more excited in an episode commentary then when he talked about the decision to fade to black at the end of this episode. [face_cowboy]

21. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_thinking]Good idea I like it. Maybe pull a twilight love triangle with Ahsoka, Lux, and another guy [face_laugh]

(I'm sorry had to say it :p)

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  22. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    ^:)^ I bow down to your idea.

23. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    It was a joke I wasn't being serious :p

24. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    Hehe, I know, don't worry :)
    I don't think I want another twilight saga - not hating on it or anything..

25. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Anyway I'm interested to see how Ahsoka will be fighting without a lightsaber now