main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    I wish I could like this ten thousand times.

earlchinna and fett 4 like this.
  2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

I can live with a love triangle with Ashoka, although I feel it could get old fast. How ever, there should be no Twilight inspiration in it at all.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I think it gets better with time. After 24 hours since I originally saw it, I can now watch the last 3 minutes without getting upset. It's still SAD! But, I realized that it's a good thing. We had to have her separate from the Order because of her absence in ROTS. Also this gives Ahsoka the chance to be more than "Just another Jedi that gets killed in Order 66". Tom me that would be a MEANINGLESS death. So if it makes you feel better, yeah it is definitely sad how and why she left the Jedi order and Anakin, BUT she lives! Like Ashley Eckstein said "there are still a lot of stories to tell about Ahsoka". We can't thank TCW team enough for giving her a meaningful and emotional way to leave. It's something none of us will forget.

As for the future, we have the "Ahsoka's Fate" tread!

I hope that thread keeps going for a long time to come, even if TCW ends. I think we will have Ahsoka, she's going to live a long and good life.

So DON'T be sad about the ending of this episode, be happy that it's the BEGINING of the new Ahsoka. She's only a teenager, she has another 70 years in her.

4. MandyAhsokaTano

MandyAhsokaTano Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2013
    I felt a little betrayed by Plo... he's the one who found Ahsoka, isn't he? And I know he stood up for her a little bit when they were searching for her but I felt like he should have done more.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Well, she can build herself new ones.

rumsmuggler and MandyAhsokaTano like this.
  6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I was joking JoeA calm down

7. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I'd like to see her fight more hand to hand though. I think she showed she's more then capable when her and Ventress took out the clones in last weeks episode

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  8. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    The featurette is up on Starwars.com

Nothing about next season though :(

9. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    Yeah she's fully capable... It wouldnt feel the same without her having lightsabers.

10. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Its too early for anything Season 6 wise to be said or revealed yet

phatdude1138 likes this.
  11. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    The painful waiting begins.

12. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    This is my least favorite part. At least I have a chance of going to Star Wars weekends this year in May where I'm sure something will be said about it

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Ahsoka made a promise to Ventress, one she didn't keep, so since they both don't have lightsabers then that would be a good fight. They just need a couple of pillows. ;)

14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I guess what they say is true: "you don't realize what you have until it's gone".

I took Ahsoka for granted. She wasn't my favorite character, but I liked her. I always just thought she would be there all the time. Now faced with the fact that she's "gone", I'm finding I'm missing her terribly. Then again I'm happy she's getting the chance at a second life.

rumblewagon and earlchinna like this.
  15. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Good to know that George was firmly in the Ahsoka dies camp. Sadly, I don't know how much Filoni will be able to undermine that now.

And how the trivia can say that what Barriss says is 100% true is beyond me. The Jedi are villains? All of which should be on trial? Yeah... OK :rolleyes: .

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's why I'm giving you a whiffleball bat. You can't' really hurt me with it. =b

The facial animated was ever better than normal. The eyes on the models have gotten so expressive.

I also came to the conclusion Ahsoka knew or atleast guessed about Anakin's marriage.

And I just realized I was five pages behind. x.x;

18. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Here's the problem with that. It's a unique quirk of Star Wars fandom - as opposed to other genre fandoms - that even very minor and seemingly random characters somehow develop large fanbases around them. This goes all the way back to Boba Fett, who really - let's be honest here - was not a terribly important character in ESB, and yet who pretty inexplicably developed a huge and strident fanbase virtually overnight. Similar things could be said about Darth Maul, who appeared in a few scenes in just one of the films. So for a long time, it's been the case that there really is almost no Star Wars character so minor that they don't have a fairly large following among fans.

The point of which is that no matter which of the plausible characters they could have made the traitor, some large number of fans was going to end up being deeply upset by it, and was going to be vocal in their complaints. So you can either not do the story at all, or you can do it and accept that it's going to make some people upset and go from there.

Bill Cosby once said: "I can't tell you the secret to success, but I can tell you that the secret to failure is trying to please everybody". That's a man who knows a few things about creating successful entertainment, and he's 100% right.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh god Ashley talked for half of that featurette. Could you not at least have given her a list of things to say, or a script? If she doesn't have prompts in front of her she's the ultimate bimbo.

It feels like they're deliberately trying to raise everyone's ire sometimes with those trivia quotes.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  21. Michael dew

Michael dew Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    Another great episode wrapping up the season , still i don't know if i like season 4 or season 5 more.

22. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm a George supporter, but don't support the Ahsoka dies decision. The good news is Filoni in theory has different bosses now. Hopefully news of fans reactions to this episode get back to him and he can see the popularity of Ahsoka. At least see it as a cash cow for Disney.

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Me wanting a character dead does not mean I hate the character necessarily. Sometimes yes, like I'd love to see WAC destroyed. But in the case of Ahsoka, I don't love her, but I don't hate her. And I think her death makes the most sense. Some have even mentioned that she has to come back in TCW because her fate is unresolved. Her just walking off into the sunset and then just being absent from the rest of the Star Wars universe will never have the finality that her death would, and will never provide the same satisfactory conclusion, especially since Star Wars continues for four films past TCW (soon to be more) and it's just conspicuous that a heroic character like her just sits out the GCW because she's off trying to learn to trust herself or whatever random thing she would be off doing instead. She'll never be able to just walk away, that doesn't seem like an adequate resolution, and if they try to write such a fate, I figure she'll always be brought back.

I mean, I'm of the opinion that Leia, Han, and/or Lando should have died in ROTJ. I like all those characters, but I think when you're in a big battle with the Empire's best troops and Palpatine is overseeing the battle personally, that someone should have died to really up the stakes.

I would hate to see Ahsoka survive just because people like her. If you go by fan popularity as opposed to what makes the most sense, you run into the comic book superhero pitfall of never being able to kill a character off permanently, since there's always some loophole to bring them back. Maul should have stayed dead, despite his popularity. And Ahsoka I feel should die to give closure to the character that I feel would be impossible if she's just chilling out doing her own thing while all the Jedi are hunted down and executed.

24. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    In the featurette Filoni says they were originally going to have Ahsoka rejoin the Jedi Order. He also says he wants Ahsoka to live and George is in favor of her dying. So we definitely haven't seen Ahsoka's final fate.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Potentially a bad sign, but one which could be ignored since Barriss' rank is never mentioned at any point in the episode. No matter what the official site says in one-off image captions, I still maintain that Barriss is a fully-fledged Jedi Knight at the time of the S5 finale arc, and not just for the sake of continuity being maintained with at least some older EU releases.

Barriss still being a Padawan contributes nothing to the story. If her apprenticeship to Luminara still has any relevance, the older Mirialan Jedi would have been given a few scenes, but Barriss' apprenticeship is irrelevant. The only relationship of hers that matters even slightly is her friendship with Ahsoka, and there is absolutely nothing preventing a Knight and a Padawan from being best friends.

If Barriss is still a Padawan, where is her braid? Every Padawan has a braid. Ahsoka doesn't even have hair and she has an item of jewellery designed to resemble a braid. For the first time in TCW, we see Barriss sans hood and we do not see a braid. If Barriss was meant to be a Padawan in this arc, someone should have told the character designers. Sure, she addresses Anakin as "Master Skywalker", but then she also addresses both Anakin and Ahsoka as "Masters" in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much. It's merely an honorific.

Also, Jedi Knight Barriss could more justifiably get the drop on Asajj Ventress and subsequently defeat Ahsoka so utterly in a duel than Padawan Barriss. Knight Barriss being stationed on her own away from her former master would also justify why she has been able to develop this radical ideology of hers, and it would explain where the impetus for her to develop it came from.

So how about it, Lucasfilm lurkers and insiders? What do you say to the notion of Knight Barriss, for the sake of explanation, embellishment and continuity? IMO, any decision to make Barriss a Padawan in the S5 finale arc would very wrong-headed.

pronker, Joe Antonetti, JackG and 3 others like this.
  26. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I was wondering about this, too. He's suddenly very trusting of someone who's tried to kill him on multiple occasions. Obviously, we knew it would work out for Anakin here, but what if Ventress had been lying? He lets her go on a suspicion and a sob story about how Asajj relates to Ahsoka. I guess he could have sensed she was being truthful, as she probably wouldn't be trying to hide it if she doesn't want to be gutted right there. That might be the explanation.

I was actually expecting something similar to that. That not only was she angry at the lack of trust the council gave her, but that she was also now seeing that maybe there was something to the claims about the Jedi losing their way.