main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm backing Filoni on this one. The good news is Lucas known for changing his mind. As long as she's not dead in the "already filmed" episodes that haven't aired, we have a chance that she will live on. If Lucas is out of the daily business of Star Wars now, Dave might have final say, unless he's going to bend to George's wishes, but that would be just out of respect and not because George is the "boss".

Also I don't think they would go through with this dramatic of an ending just to kill her off in a few more episodes. She would have just rejoined the order and died some other meaningless death before ROTS. I think Dave may have wont the battle of if Ahsoka lives or dies.

rumblewagon and earlchinna like this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I always thought that Ahsoka needed to die, but this is a much better ending, especially since the EU can now devote 200 books to her... ;)

3. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    Cool featurette. I must say I'm on Filoni side more than ever now + thanks the maker they didn't make her rejoin :p

... to be honest I'm feeling quite melancholic today, maybe I shouldn't have watched it 5 times in the weekend? [face_worried]

pronker and rumblewagon like this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wonder why there's the sudden proliferation of lightsaber colors in "cinematic canon" (as referenced in the trivia section). Lucas was adamant in the AOTC featurette that bad = red, good = green and blue. Sam Jackson was the only one that was able to make a personal request. Now black (Viszla), yellow (Temple guards), and white (Tera Sinube).

A minor thing. But I don't know if that's further indication of Filoni being given the freedom to do what he wants now without close supervision, he also remarked about developing a story for Bo-Katan and planning out that she would be Satine's sister without Lucas' prior knowledge, and also remarked that he waited until relatively late to reveal to Lucas that he would be doing a fade out for this episode.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Sinube's at least still has a bluish aura to it. But yeah, lightsabers are certainly becoming more varied in the onscreen canon.

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I'm feeling better about that.

Re the finale:

+Yoda has had a weave.
    +Yay to Sinube and the rest of the Younglings
    +that window was begging to be broken sometime, wow!!
    +Thought on Obi-Wan being restrained by Plo = if Obi-Wan is the most junior member of the Council, an older hand often acts as mentor/trainer/guide, at least in my corporate/bureaucratic experience. Plo (and I don't agree with him in this) likely thought that Decorum needed to be followed, *hey, Plo, there was real emotion here and we non-Jedi respect that*
    +the duel with Ventress, whose panache I want to frame in a shadow box
    +"Let me alone!" oh yeah, the feels on this off the chart
    +Ahsoka 'I really thought I was a part of that Order ' already distancing herself from it
    +Anakin's plummet from hopefulness to stunned recognition when Ahsoka leaves him
    -the look of the guards' facelessness well perhaps they would have taken the attention away from our Main Heroes as we scoped out their new models' form (better make that a -+)
    -Barriss' use at all as the traitor
    -possibly the last ep we shall see? If so, the plots (Ahsoka's place in Yoda's scheme to 'train Anakin to lose attachments', Obi-Wan's introduction of a romance and its tragic end, the closeness of Rex and Ahsoka being derailed or seeming to be, the sucky life of Darth Maul and even suckier one of Savage) are tied up fairly well.
    -now I want to play with Spin Rockets
    -Curry as Chancellor 'take her away' um no

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    too bad this had to be the finale episode

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Let's hope! I always had faith in Filoni and personally wanted him to be involved in EP7, but they wanted some one "experienced". I'm a die hard cynic when it comes to people being involved in SW, but I really believe Filoni has got the pulse for Star Wars. Maybe even better than George at this point. This last episode shows that he's only getting better at it. Music, voice acting, character emotions. All there. The story needs a little work, and the EU is always going to be trashed, but I think with just a tad bit more work we could have the next Star Wars juggernaut..

pronker and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Is it me or was the finale of the show one of those Luke I am your Father moments in the entire star wars universe.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Ironic cause the original idea was just Red for bad guys and Blue for good. It got changed to Green in RTJ because the blue couldn't be seen outside and was merging with the sky

pronker likes this.
  11. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Why? Because we have to wait so long until Season 6? Or are you in the camp that the filmed, un-aired episodes are going to be shelved by Disney? I know Filoni stated in a interview last year that already half the episodes of Season 6 were recorded. We just don't know if they will air. I'm in the optimistic camp they will, on a Disney network.

pronker likes this.
  12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    They did abandon her, she's right to walk away from them.

13. earlchinna

Mar 17, 2004

I wish I could, wish away this a thousand times :p

(okay just for the bad joke)

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I like Ahsoka as well, and the relationship she has with Anakin is actually the core of the show for me in JMO.

But she is not RotS and she is not in the OT and it's highly unlikely she will be in the ST.

She is the main character for the show and as Darth Vader's apprentice there was always going to be a tragic ending to her charachter anyway. So I think she has to die (I don't even think she should survive into the Darktimes either) which will of course set Anakin further down the path, like his mother and fear of losing his wife. From a story telling perspective a happy ever after ending for Ahsoka just will not work.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  15. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Definitely. The "Anakin Loses his Padawan" Moment, which for me hit harder than when he became Vader. You have to give credit to this moment because we knew "something" like this was coming (unlike the father thing in 1980) and it STILL hit the SW community hard!

It was at leas the most emotional. Here's my top 5 emotional moments in Star Wars:

5. Vader's death
    4. Shmi's death
    3. Yoda's death
    2. Order 66 and killing of the younglings
    1. Ahsoka leaves Anakin and the Order

Oddly my number one emotional Star Wars moment doesn't even have a death. Just Ahsoka leaving is more heartbreaking than a death.

16. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Does Ahsoka know that Anakin & Padme are married? Anakin says "I wanted to leave the order too," or something like that. And Ahsoka says "I know?"

17. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    They did abandon her, she's right to walk away from them.

I felt it was more of them just not believing her...and she thought they trusted her when they showed they did not. Obviously that hit her hard.

Does Ahsoka know that Anakin & Padme are married? Anakin says "I wanted to leave the order too," or something like that. And Ahsoka says "I know?"

When she said that line, I wondered the EXACT same thing. Maybe, over all that time together, she could clearly see the signs and figured it out...or "felt" it.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Maybe in a relationship but probably not aware they are married. Which is how Obi-wan is portrayed in Sith in both the book and scene's cut from the film.
    Shouldn't be that hard to have suspicisions when Anakin is assigning you to be Padme's personal bodyguard instead of guarding the Leader of the Republic who has a threat out on his life.
    Who knows perhaps a love triangle on the cards setting up for the ST where Luke and Leia discover a half-sister out there :p

19. MandyAhsokaTano

MandyAhsokaTano Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2013
    I know right? Everyone pretty much knew it was Barriss, but I was really debating on it because I thought the same thing. She had bested Asajj Ventress and Ahsoka! She was portrayed as a very strong fighter so I was a bit unsure. In the end, when it was Barriss, I was wondering if she was a padawan,a knight or what? That was a little confusing.

20. earlchinna

Mar 17, 2004

not a happy ever after ending, but I feel she deserves her hero's journey. Actually I have something in mind, my family and I read a lot of philosophy and such, so I don't remember where I saw this but certainly keep this memorable take on what a hero is we once found: A hero can be defined as someone who remains unpunished of being betrayed.
    While am also just happy to have the occasion to share here because I think it's something great for all of us to have in mind and reason about ( :) ) , it's really what Ahsoka has been through, and against all established order.
    It's a symbolism that can be seen through Luke's journey too, but I really love how they beautifully built around that idea to make a strong unique character.
    From this point of view she has a chance of not being caught in between this absurd galactic conflict and follow her own, singular long term path.... but obviously not without struggle and adventures... which open to an even stronger character in Star Wars symbolism, and not to forget some fun, because hey we're all always in for the fun of adventure with our beloved saga!

rumblewagon and MandyAhsokaTano like this.
  21. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    I think Ahsoka's meant to be more than just a bounty hunter.. I think she has a greater role like to change the jedi order or make them realize their ways are falling. I definately cannot wait to find out next season!

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, let's all listen to the wise Grand Master Ahsoka....

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Which can't happen since the Jedi plan there own coup in RotS before they even know Palpy is a Sith, so they learnt nothing,then they all die during order 66.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  24. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    You have a point there~ but not all of them die during order 66

25. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I don't see her changing the Order as their fate is sealed in ROTS. However I do support a storyline where she may find out some details leading up to Order 66 and she helps a few Jedi (maybe some Padawans like Gungi, etc) escape or defect before the events.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.