main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MandyAhsokaTano

MandyAhsokaTano Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2013
    That would be a really good episode. It gets me even more exited for season six. Does anyone have any info on season six? I know there is no official release date but on wikipedia, it says (2013)?[/quote]

2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    At this point we don't know what will happen with the series. I hope it continues!

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Just finished watching the episode. Wow. Thats all I have words for at the moment.

rumblewagon and MandyAhsokaTano like this.
  4. Admiral Zaarin

Admiral Zaarin Jedi Knight

Feb 23, 2013
    The beating Barriss gave in Ahsoka, Anakin fighting Barriss, since when Barriss has become so strong?
    I hoped that Master Plo stay on the side of Ahsoka, I thought they were closer since she rescued him.
    Barriss may not have acted alone. The Jedi order the way it was portrayed was very easy to deceive
    Expected a more corporatist stance of the Jedi Order regarding protect Ahsoka.
    The fight between Anakin and Ventress was so lame as the fight between Ahsoka and Ventress against the clones in the past chapter.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  5. Drunk_Lando

Drunk_Lando Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2010
    How are the Jedi falling? What do they need to change? And you can't use hindsight? Use only information that the Jedi would know at this point.

To the Jedi, the Clone Wars is a real war. They are defending the Republic. They are fighting against the Sith (Dooku and Sidious) and their allies. They don't know Palpatine is Sidious, and when the find out, they go after him.

6. Flavia Serem

Flavia Serem Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    what can I say is: "Always in motion the future is." >> Yoda

7. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    Calm down, I just think the Jedi Council should have trusted and sided with Ahsoka more. Anakin was basically the only one who did, Obi wan, a little bit but Plo should have done something since he had found Ahsoka when she was little, I felt as if he should have trusted her a lot more and done something. And Yoda, he didn't even try to use the force to find out the truth, and we were all waiting for him to give advice, a piece of wisdom to Ahsoka but he did nothing...

8. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Especially Plo Koon!! He found Ahsoka when she was 3 (I think...) and brought her into the Jedi Temple. From his point of view,he must believe he is the closest thing she has to a father. And yet all he says is that it is very unlikely for ahsoka to have killed these clones.

9. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    I was wondering if anyone could explain why the Jedi Council are so narrow-minded? I'm not meaning to insult them, but they truly seem to be that way to me.

Until I watched this show I viewed the Jedi Council as very wise, honorable, and respectful. But this show has shown me the flaws within the Council. It was disappointing to say the least how they dealt with Ahsoka.

Perhaps this is more of an issue with the story writers, than the the Council's ideals. But I feel as if the Council could have done so much more in figuring out the truth with Ahsoka.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Dooku turned and he'd been a Jedi Master that the Council knew very well. Just because they knew Ahsoka doesn't mean they can assume she's innocent.

MandyAhsokaTano likes this.
  11. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    Well yeah, Yoda could have used the force but I think the writers needed to get Ahsoka out of there so she could survive Order 66 so they had to resort to that.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  12. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    IMO I do believe that everyone, including the Jedi Council, have vested interests. That clearly can be seen when Mace decided that the council should not stand by Ahsoka, so that they do no create the impression that they are going against the Senate. In other words they chose to not support Ahsoka in fear of the support of the Senate. Not very respectful are they? :D

MandyAhsokaTano and Kal La Kai like this.
  13. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Mandy, I have to ask what do you mean that Yoda could have used the Force? You also mentioned before that Yoda could have used the Force to find out the truth. What do you mean by that?

V-2, cwustudent and MandyAhsokaTano like this.
  14. Admiral Zaarin

Admiral Zaarin Jedi Knight

Feb 23, 2013
    Another thing:
    When Ahsoka left the cell and took her lightsaber, the prison guards were passed out (and waking when Ahsoka met them), then why did not they say that there was not Ahsoka who did this to them?

15. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Watched it for the third time and wow that ending...

Great episode though, I can say my usual great animation, great voice acting, etc. But this was the most emotional episode of the series. I can't believe Ahsoka left the Jedi.

Not much else I can say honestly, than I hope the show is back and we see Ahsoka again.

rumblewagon and earlchinna like this.
  16. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    I think they were attacked from behind or rendered unconscious before they could see who their attacker was.

17. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    This episode was extremely emotional for me as well. I'm still very sad over that ending. It was done very well, I have no complaints about it. Though I'm surprised that after everything Ahsoka and Anakin had been through together, she had so little to say to him before parting ways with him(whether it be forever or not.) He was her master as well as a father-figure to her, so it probably tore her heart to leave him. Which is why I'm surprised she left him without a proper goodbye or even a hug at least!

18. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    It affected me ever more than probably some people because I watched the Clone Wars film the night before.

19. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    This has always been an issue with the Council. Going back to Qui-gon and even further back to Dooku. They've gone overboard with their views and rules. This is inevitably why they fail. They ARE narrow-minded, but they wise. It's just let the rules of the Order overwrite common sense. That is one of the issues Qui-Gon had with them.

That's why Anakin went crazy in this episode. This was just a phoney trial, they planned all along to turn Ahsoka over to the Republic. They didn't want to look like they were opposing the Republic.

Akshoka was RIGHT to leave and not trust them. The Jedi used her as a bargaining chip: they gave her up, guilty or not to SAVE face with the Republic. They did EXACTLY what Tarkin asked for. This is why I'm happy about Ahsoka's decision. She literally owes her life to Anakin for finding out who the true killer was. Anakin also knows that the Jedi Order is faulty, which is obvious in ROTS.

In an ALTERNATE Star Wars universe, it would be cool to see what would have happened if Anakin left the order WITH Ahsoka. You never know, and neither will we. But for now, I look for Ahsoka having a better life then being just another tool of the Jedi.

20. MandyAhsokaTano

Mar 2, 2013
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force

This may better explain the force. "It works in mysterious ways" -Yoda

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So make a new character. Or yes, expand on one that has no backstory or future. Barriss had an established backstory, uniquely was the only NON Council Member with her own series of Novels, and she starred in a comic leading up to her Order 66 fate as part of an exclusive offered to members of the Official Star Wars site. All of which is to say, they knowingly screwed this up rather than find someone else.

And as I said, I looked for that unique thing that said it had to be Barriss. I didn't see it. Hunt for Ziro, Quinlan uses his abilities to track Ziro. He makes sense there. He fits. Lawless, Palpatine deals with Maul instead of Dooku or one of his assassins. It fits.

Here, Barriss goes from perfect jedi apprentice, drops off the map for a long time, only to re-emerge as hating the jedi and willing to frame her best friend. Oh and she's uber powerful now and can practically hold her own with Anakin now. When before she couldn't rescue herself on Geonosis.

The whole story doesn't fit this character. Not in established EU and not in this series. Had she ripped off her mask and revealed herself to be an imposter, THAT would have been more believable.

And given that it was the Council that motivated Ahsoka's decision to leave and not Barriss's betrayal (Ahsoka doesn't mention a word about her), it proves that Barriss was simply a victim of Dave and company's lack of vision to create more original characters. Still, they had a few that could have been used and weren't. Instead, they screwed with an established character and tell us to get over it. However, once more, they fail to justify why that particular character was needed in the first place because, again they weren't needed. They simply chose to use her because they could.

Tell me, how would the story have changed if the following was done:

Ahsoka and Anakin are called back by Yoda. There they work with another young jedi knight. A female. Maybe she likes Ahsoka. Maybe she doesn't. Replace the investigator droid with her. Or, have her work with the two of them. Or, simply just introduce this new character as a friend of Ahsoka's that lost a friend in the attack just like Barriss claims to. Everything else stays the same: Ahsoka framed, trusts this jedi, gets betrayed, and Anakin figures it out. Cue same crazy speech.

The end result is the same. Ahsoka gets screwed over by the council and leaves. The only difference is that the expanded universe doesn't get flushed down the toilet in the process.

22. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    If Barriss was wearing her black robes, they would not have been able to recognise her. However, I believe they would realise that it was not her. Maybe they ignored who attacked them or never were sure but upon seeing Ahsoka with lightsabers on hand and an alarm going off they were determined it was her.

Another interesting point is that maybe Tarkin wanted so much to prove that Ahsoka was guilty that he buried the statements of these clones. Or a proper interview was never performed.

pronker and Valairy Scot like this.
  23. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Could not agree more :)

24. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Here is the promised Screenshot. His Eyes indeed glowed for a 1/10 second yellow. It was extremely difficult to stop at that exact frame.

I did this screenshot with a Full HD Monitor and scaled it by 300%. You can notice the single pixel.

[​IMG]

pronker and Zer0 like this.
  25. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Oh really?? The plot thickens! Palpatine wanted Ahsoka dead or at least found guilty to make Anakin more susceptible to his seduction. Maybe he had told Tarkin exactly that, to find her guilty no matter what.

rumblewagon likes this.