main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    I'm a super big fan of redbull, personally.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It takes approximately 10 gallons of coffee for me to function like a normal human being.

3. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    So I just read the blurb for Star Wars: Crucible and I only had one thought at the end. Could this be the return of (cue dramatic revelation music) WARU?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Star Wars: Crucible? Is that the one where the Space Puritans stage a witch hunt?

Saintheart and Penguinator like this.
  5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    No, it's where Star Wars finally admits it's gone the way of Mass Effect and created a device to blow up all the Dark Side Force in the galaxy, only to realise two minutes before the end that the entire Dark Side is, in fact, controlled by a seven year old kid.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh. And here I thought Mass Effect was what happened when you started considering the consequences of regular church attendance.

[​IMG]

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bunch of AAA titles have kind of sucked lately. Probably gonna continue to suck, too :p

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Got Tomb Raider pre-loaded. Just waiting for Monday night now.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't even care about disappointing AAA titles because I just found out Ace Attorney 5 is going to come out in the US. Ergo, everything is now fantastic forever.

[​IMG]

11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Well so far Tomb Raider has been pretty well-praised :p

Penguinator likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just read the blurb myself and it sounds like they may be gearing up for Disney and LFL to unleash their wrath on the EU. The last sentence particularly caught my attention - an artifact with the ability to bend space, time and the Force itself? To me, that sounds like the perfect formula to start a new timeline for the ST.

13. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    ..................Wait wut?

....Nope! Not gonna want to hear any of it! Just gonna turn off my computer, go to bed, and pretend I didn't hear anything at all!

*slams down onto bed* Zzzzzzzzzz.......

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! :p

It's all speculation, but still...something that has the ability to bend space and time? Yeeeah. Sounds awfully suspicious to me...

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So they're going to pull a Star Trek and have the time lines diverge?

... Wait, oh my god, the director, it's...

It's...!

[​IMG]

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    "I will not use my customary greeting, since that would be oddly self-serving: instead I will simply say ... good luck." You wait, Mark Hamill's going to hand off to Ryan Gosling or something.

:D

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    So I highly recommend you all become seven feet tall. Just sayin'.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    No, I like being the same height as Iron Man.

[​IMG]

19. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    So, quick question, is there anyway to prevent it(the forums post mechanism) from suddenly switching to bold or italics as you write? I've tolerated it thus far, but figured I'd ask if there was a way to fix it.

20. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    I......hadn't thought of that.....that would mean years of book purchases may suddenly become irrelevant. To paraphrase one great quote: "I feel a great disturbance coming in the Force, as if millions of voices will cry out in terror, only to be suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible will happen."

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Not irrelevant. Still great books (those that are great anyway :p ) and still worth reading. Just worth as much canon wise as a Trek book :p

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I also wouldn't be surprised if this artifact only bends space and time for the Big Three, hence allowing the EU timeline to continue forward as usual. That also opens up a clean slate for them to appear in Episode VII and will allow the writers to do what they wish. As for the current timeline, the Big Three could simply disappear while on their mission and never be heard from again (and with all the bickering about them lately from EU fans, I can see a lot of them being happy with that).

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Problem being everyone and their grandmother would start crying 'Trek '09 rip-off!! Why did they let JJ direct!!'. Though he has no part in the writing, and honestly...if the movie is good, who cares?

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I hated mostly everything they put out since 2007 so if you wanna alter any timeline or anything . . . SW was on sell out for years and I won´t turn around and say it was great, just because Disney messes with it around and disney-bashng is en vogue. It is kinda sad for our time we invested into it, but a year ago me and Fin sat together and wondered what kinda AU game we would like to do together . . . the answer we came up to was: A SW universe in which only the movies exist and everything else still has to be written. A blank page beginning 1 Minute after Endor, so to say . . .

So what did Disney do wrong? Come up with the same idea?

No really, it is kinda hard to wipe out EU, but I seriously think . . . it´s their way to go.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well yeah, absolutely. No sane studio is going to tether themselves to a veritable mountain of genre fiction, some of which contradicts itself - hence why Star Trek, Doctor Who, Gundam, and a bunch of other franchises have an "It's only canon if it's on screen" policy. I won't lie that I'd still feel a bit dirty if they took the divergent timelines route just to convince a segment of the fandom that their fiction is still real-er fiction than... I don't even know, we need fiction level terms for this crap anymore. Time for a clean break, I say.

Movie Bob had a pretty good take on the matter as well, I think.