main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion "I have a bad feeling about this" -- Things you want to see in the ST, but won't

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Leias_Left_Bun, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    OK, I looked around and didn't see a thread on this, so here goes: What are some things that you would really like to see in the new trilogy, but you know deep down that it's probably not going to happen?

A few of mine:

~ Little if any screen time spent talking to force ghosts. Let the dead characters be dead.

~ I want to see Luke have more humor. I always thought it was a shame that while Mark has such a lovely sense of humor, Luke...not so much.

~ Some acknowledgment in the dialogue that Luke never finished his formal training with Yoda.

~ Some acknowledgment in the dialogue that before Luke and Leia knew they were twins, there was an incestuous vibe between them, e.g. that Luke had a crush on his sister and/or that Leia mouth-kissed her brother.

~ Substantial screen time and character development for Han, Leia, and Lando -- without taking too much away from the younger generation. I don't include Luke in this list because I think he will definitely get character development in the ST.

~ A logical explanation of who or what Anakin's father really was.

~ An explanation of how Leia could possibly remember a mother who died when she was a few minutes old.

~ Some reference in the dialogue to the entire Gungan race having been wiped out in a massive plague.

~ Some kind of story that taps into sibling tensions and rivalry. Either:

a) A story where one sibling has force-powers and the other one doesn't. Or...

b) A story where we find out that Han and Leia (or Luke and his wife) lost a child many years ago, let's say to miscarriage. Somehow the bad guys were able to get hold of some tissue from the dead child and used it to make a clone, which of course they raised to be corrupt. So we have an evil, force-gifted antagonist who is biologically a Skywalker/Solo and the sibling of the main protagonist.

~ Nobody ever utters the word "youngling."

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    A healthy balance between the OT cast screentime and new cast screentime that pleases everybody
    Not a big reliance on CGI
    slash couples
    The OT cast to be doing bad ass and cool action stunts just like the old days *we might get a little but I highly doubt a lot*
    For us all to be satisfied with this movie

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Some of these idea sound alright, but good God, Left_Bun, I think this last one of yours is far too fantastically morbid of a premise for LucasFilm to explore in a big SW film (let alone Disney). I mean, I realize the thread is about things you know you won't see, but jeesh, harvesting genetic material from miscarried fetuses? [face_devil]

Either you've a wonderful sense of humor or your vision for Star Wars drastically differs from mine. :D

4. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Darth Nihilus as the villain the creepiest/scariest looking PK EDIT: LANGUAGE ever with Chief Keef as his apprentice (Darth Sosa) basically making Star Wars a horror movie

Lord Optimus likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    - A Jar Jar Binks appearance
    - Someone asking one of the hero's where did they, "dig up this old fossil" in reference to Han Solo
    - R2-D2 uttering the famous, "I have a bad feeling about this."
    - Luke and Leia in a lightsaber duel with the villain
    - Han and Leia living in Padme's old apartment on Coruscant
    - The new Skywalker starting their Hero's Journey on Tatooine
    - Han and Lando playing a game of Sabacc
    - Chewbacca ripping someone's arms out of their sockets
    - Luke flying in his X-Wing
    - A hologram of Obi-Wan and Anakin together during the Clone Wars

6. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Love the r2-d2 idea.

LunarMoth and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    [face_laugh] MICHAEL ARNDT, ARE YOU READING THIS?

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Talk about your pipe dreams!

Agreed on the rest of your list. I'm especially worried about too much CGI.

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Me too. I'm worried that they'll go overboard *and they probably will* but hopefully they do what JJ did in Star Trek and had it be a mixture of CGI and practicals. And for god sakes no freaking CGI storm troopers or scenes that obviously dont need to be CGI

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  10. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    What, too dark? [face_batting]

Oh, alright...I wasn't seriously proposing that idea. I don't think. Anyway, ain't gonna happen.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  11. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I like most of these ideas too, but I think some of them may actually happen. Particularly the "old fossil" quote in reference to Han. Just a gut feeling, but I think we may hear that line.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Hopefully. I would love to see the Han line thrown back at him (and to see the look on his face would be priceless [face_laugh]) but many of the other ones I don't have much hope in. Maybe a fool's hope. I doubt we'll see the little things like Han and Leia in Padme's apartment or Luke in his X-Wing but I really would love to be wrong (I would give anything to see old man Jar Jar walk onto screen! [face_laugh])

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah and have right when he gets on, the new hero gets annoyed with him and brutally lops his head off. That would make EVERYBODY love the new guy. He killed Jar Jar. Whats not to love ;)

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That would make me instantly despise the new hero!!! Unless it sets up a storyline where Darth Plagueis resurrects Jar Jar to get his revenge! [face_devil]

15. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    No, see -- that's why I want the entire Gungan race eradicated. So there is no chance whatsoever that Jar Jar or any of his children, nieces, nephews, cousins or other distant kinfolk can ever darken my screen again. Although, as Darth Claire says, it might be worth it just to see the new hero lop his head off.

I do think we might see Luke in his X-Wing again.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The EU completely intact.......the Story takes place 45ABY......Ben Skywalker is Jaina Solo's padawan , Allana is in training with younglings......the big 3 have a good amout of screen time but not to much.......Naboo is blown up much like Alderan was in ANH & the Gungans cry out & then silence.............

Mato_Jack likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh, all the Jar Jar hate is breaking my heart... :( Jar Jar fans we must unite, I need backup! :D

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    What I want to see but know I won't is some Han/Leia 'old couple' mush. :p The only other thing I can think of would be a major scene with Luke actively instructing new Jedi. Some think that would be boring, but it would make me completely geek out. :D

19. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I would love that, too. And maybe, if they have to die...let them die together and have one last great moment together first.

[/quote] The only other thing I can think of would be a major scene with Luke actively instructing new Jedi. Some think that would be boring, but it would make me completely geek out. :D[/quote]

Oh, quite a few fans would be in geek heaven on that one. I'll bet my buns that scene will happen.

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love both of those things. It would give me goosebumps seeing Luke training a group of Jedi. And having some scenes showing Han and Leia as a loving couple would just make me so happy. I don't think SW has shown many healthy, mature and loving couples.

JainaSoloYJK and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  21. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    Han piloting the Falcon.....the whole movie could suck but if I get 30 seconds of this I can't complain. Bonus if Chewy is there too!

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think there is any doubt we'll be seeing that in the film! :)

Doug625 likes this.
  23. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Well let's see. Besides Han and Leia there's um...I guess we can count Owen and Beru, though they don't exactly get a lot of screen time. And then there's uh...hmmm...there must be another good couple somewhere...

<crickets>

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Can we count Shmi and Cliegg? Obviously they aren't shown together on screen but we at least get a feeling that they were a happy and loving couple. I don't know...

25. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Sure, we can count them. And you're right -- it's implied they were a good couple. But if the next-best example we can come up with is a couple who didn't get any onscreen time together, that's saying something about the state of romantic love in the SW universe.

Also, I just thought of another thing I'd like to see. I'd like for either Han or Leia to tell their child, "I love you" and the kid responds with, "I know."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.