main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    apparently the last time a player had a 20+ point game, 20+ rebound game and a 10+ block game was the mighty Shawn Bradley in the late 90's.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Hate the Heat? Couldn't stand the Harlem Shake craze of last month? This video is for you!

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Inty's probably sending you death glares right now Tunick :p

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    great game between the grizz and heat coming down to the wire.

edit: disappointing finish. still a good game.

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    did anyone hear about a basketball player getting murdered recently? my mom said she heard something about it on a commercial for the news, but didn't get a chance to watch the rest of it and i'm only getting older murders when i look it up on the interwebs. just figured i'd see if any of you heard about it.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    must have been. because i haven't been able to find anything either.

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    You sure she wasn't just watching a Cavs game?

BAM

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Heat at Knicks, Thunder at the other L.A. professional basketball team, Hawks at Lakers

What a Sunday for basketball!

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, yesterday at approx. 4:15, my wife walks in the door from the tat shop and I decided to be sporadic. "Let's spend as much money as humanly possible and get the best available seats for the 76ers/Warriors game". She said fine and we bought courtside seats. As we are driving down to the sports complex, I admit to her that we are probably going to get scorched by Golden State, but let's just have a fun time with great seats.

I completely forgot the date and... when we arrive... it's the anniversary of Wilt Chamberlian's 100 points game against the Knicks. Sweet: Free Wilt bobblehead. I was wearing my Holiday jersey, but I own a Wilt 13.

So, first quarter starts... Nick Young is out with a sprained ankle. Yay. Curry torches us and Golden State gets 35 points in one quarter. It was great to see Andrew Bynum in action. He stood up a few times during time outs.

2nd quarter: We start to rally and for the first time in 3 years, the 76ers realize what can happen if you do things such as collect defensive rebounds. They begin showing epic old Wilt Chamberlain footage and blasting Rocky themes. We tie up.

Halftime: the halftime show was intense... but, they wisely reserved the best "extra" for in the third.

Third: Golden State begins to move ahead, taking momentum back. So, on the screens they strategically announce that Wilt's family are there, cue more epic Wilt footage. Building is finally rocking. 76ers suddenly turn into the defensive rebounding champions of the Eastern Conference and go 11 for 13 on 3's. [face_hypnotized]

Fourth: We crush Golden State. It was a tight game until the final 5. And then this unbelievableness happens (watch 1:45 and be astounded at a 3 pointer while avoiding a literal flying tackle):

PRENNTACULAR and DarthTunick like this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Niiiiicely done, MyKe. I've sat courtside at Staples 4 times since 2008 (always in the same section too: 107, behind the basket near the visitor's bench... 4 rows behind the Nicholson seats), and felt like a kid on Christmas morning each time (Lakers going 3-1 in those games).

Knicks up by 4 going into the 4th... Miami keeps getting that close, but can't seem to get that lead.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    video's dead, unfortunately

EDIT

looks like the heat are going to win this at the end.

EDIT 2

yep. heat win. sounds like it was a crazy game for them to end up winning.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A Knick collapse (a 15 point half time lead) + LeBron's 12 4th quarter points will do that. OKC/the other pro L.A. basketball team should be a close one, hopefully... it's still a bit odd to see that other L.A. pro team getting the prime ESPN Sunday telecast.

:p

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Because Barnes' 3-pointer counted (and after Griffin hit 1 of the free throws), that foul ended being a 7 point swing for the other L.A. pro basketball team. Thankfully OKC withstood that momentum (a Russell Westbrook steal with about 27 seconds left to go helped greatly) to escape with the win.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    is it really so heard to say clippers armen?

and that ended up being a helluva game in the 4th.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wouldn't be at all surprised to see that foul upgraded to a flagrant 2 and a one game suspension.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Can't believe we blew that game.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    damn. took me a few seconds to realize who that was.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

For the time being, yes. :p And speaking of them, it's still a bit of a mind **** to watch a home game of theirs in the afternoon, and then a Laker home game a mere 3+ hours later.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Even though he looked almost unrecognizable, I figured the guy in the green jersey was LeBron. Carmelo I recognized right off. His facial features haven't changed much.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    still took me a few seconds simply because i don't see them that much.

on another note helluva shot from kobe to end the 3rd.

EDIT

i'm having trouble understanding why horfords tip in there is being waved off...

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That was a sight to see, especially since the Lakers are likely going to be thankful to have those 3 extra points (Atlanta, and in particular Devin Harris) are being rather pesky tonight).

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    indeed they are. been an interesting game since late in the third.