main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Linux? Eh. I like Windows better. It runs all my coding tools.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It gets worse. I actually cut people alot of slack if they follow directions well. Its the ones who don't follow direction or think they know what they are doing, don't, and won't listen.

Any version of Linux but that. x.x;

I am a Linux fan myself. I love to distro hope. For the average person looking to test the waters or switch I usually recommend either Pinguy, ElementryOS, or my current favorite distro Deepin..

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  4. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I've used Linux once, and hated it. May try it again someday...

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hey check it out, a trap song that doesn't suck. Yes this is definitely worth posting.

6. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    *Watches thread*

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Linux isn't just for code heads and computer geeks anymore. The entire point of Ubuntu was to build a distro of Linux the average person could enjoy without being a computer nut. Many distros have followed suit with Ubuntu's philosophy. Give it a try again sometime. Check out the Distros I mentioned in my previous post.

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
  9. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I absolutely love coding, and thus the 'for geeks only' part of Linux never really bothered me. Plus, I've heard the Linux community is a great place for programmers to practice their skills and communicate - it's just I don't have the time thanks to school. Once the school year ends, I'll put a couple of distros on my S7S, staring with the ones you mentioned. Thanks.

Darth Ibonek - I am from Wallingford. What's a townie?

Seerow likes this.
  10. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Joe Antonetti I'm a recent graduate from a boarding school in your town.

11. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Darth Ibonek - Choate? No way! I live, like, five feet from that place. Literally!

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll be honest, I stick with Windows because around here it makes me more [face_money_eyes]. :p :D

13. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    That's cool... I graduated four years ago. Can't wait to visit one day though!

14. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Who says you can't have both? That's the entire point of a dual-boot!

Darth Ibonek - It's a really nice school. I applied, but then ND stole my heart.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I could, but I don't really feel the need or have the desire to boot into Linux just to browse the web.
    In addition to gaming, I need to know Windows [Cisco and to a lesser extend, Mac] like the back of my hand for my job and certifications. Using both on a daily basis helps with this to some extent.

Maybe I'll give it another try one day in the future though. ;)

16. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I assume you do something in CS or IT?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I use Deepin (Linux) as my primary OS, I use it for everything. I duel boot on my Thinkpad for when I need Windows, usually for games or Photoshop. My Tablet which is my secondary PC is still Windows 8.

18. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I've got a jailbroken Surface RT for school, web browsing, and general use. I have a Samsung Series 7 Slate with Windows 8 for coding. I've also got an iMac for Xcode.

Seerow - I can only assume duel boot is when Windows and Linux have a fight to the death to determine which one boots. I want it.

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    My husband swears by Linux. He refuses to use my laptop because it uses windows. He said that he will wait and get a cheap used laptop and put Linux on it. He's done that before but it died.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I got an old Thinkpad T400 that dual boots Deepin and Windows 7, a Thinkpad Edge 14 that dual Deepin and Windows 7, then an Acer Iconia W510 that runs Windows 8. No macs at this time.

Heh... dammit.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The disco has gone techy, so here's some new music courtesy of The Strokes:

22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I'm a Systems Admin for a local company, part time (just a few hours 2 days a week) "IT Manager" for a non profit and I do some contracted work on occasion with an out of state company. I also in college. =P~ (Night classes [face_coffee])

I'm using an iPad for college, a custom i7 3960X desktop that I used to use for rendering (just games and work now), a Dell M4600 laptop for work and a few Dell PowerEdge 2950/1950's as a test lab and media server.

I almost got a Surface RT instead of the iPad, and kinda wish I did. Lack of native iTunes support was kind of turn off though.

Seerow and Joe Antonetti like this.
  23. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I think KenobiSkywalker won the computer listings. Wow...just wow.

There's an x86 emulator for RT out there for iTunes and other programs. It's not a great solution, but it works. Plus, the Win8 Music app just wins because of the freeness.

Whatcha going to college for?

Seerow likes this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Joe Antonetti On the Dell M4600, I only ended up paying $200 for it. I bought a used M4400 online that was still under warranty. It ended up dying 2 months later, so Dell replaced it with a brand new M4600. :eek:

Ah, I wasn't aware there was an emulator for the RT. I guess that's what I get for not doing any research. :oops:The iPad does what I need it too for college though. If I used it for work, I'd probably be returning it right now.

I'm going for a degree in Computer Engineering and possibly a MBA. This summer I plan to get my CCDP and next I'm planning on going for the MCSE.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I've watched the last three episodes of the Ahsoka arc three times today, such a great arc.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.