main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So basically this thread is an overreaction based on this news then.....

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No, since that "news" is incredibly recent, and this thread predates it by almost three weeks. ;)

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, and it still confirms nothing.

klooney and 07jonesj like this.
  4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Basically. Like I said, people really can't say much of anything until the Cartoon Network contract expires, which will be following the airing of "The Wrong Jedi." Now I personally believe the show is going to remain on CN since the show is once again pulling in solid numbers for the network ("To Catch a Jedi" had over two million viewers which is similar to the numbers this show had during season 4). However, in order for that to happen CN would have to pay Disney to air the show, which they may now find to be worth the cost. On the other hand, Disney may have decided to keep the show for themselves, but have simply been waiting until the contract was up, or was about to expire, before making an announcement.

There's been some buzz from a couple of entertainment web sites that an announcement may be made today, so we shall see. But I certainly don't think starting up petitions to let Disney know how much the show is valued by the fans can ever be a bad thing.

Yancy

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Gallandro You make some good points for sure. I'm hoping that it will be announced after CN airs the finale. To your point about ratings, "To Catch a Jedi" achieved the highest ratings of the season thus far, topping 2 million for the first time since last March: http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-27/cult-starts-low-clone-wars-hits-high-38-other-genre-shows.

And like you said, letting Disney and Lucasfilm know that we really like the show through snail mail, petition, email, facebook, and twitter is easy. It can be fun to express our fandom also.

6. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Has anyone heard about how 1313 game has been on hold since Disney acquired LucasFilm?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/01/star-wars-1313-may-be-on-hold

I bring this up because like the Clone Wars the game 1313 has nothing do with the sequel trilogy. I just hope that Disney doesn't scrap everything that has nothing to do with the new films they're making.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    [face_frustrated]

Star Wars thrives on having multiple eras to explore, if Disney cancels everything else apart from Legacy-era stuff (which I'm assuming is where EPVII will take place) then I'll be ****ed.

QuangoFett and Nubbs like this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I told everyone that this sort of stuff was going to happen. 1313 was a bust from the start. It's starting to look like that star wars angry birds and the new pinball games are the stuff going for this franchise. I think all star wars games apart from those are going to be held back into Episode 7 and the new game platforms. Funny, everytime I read someone from lucasfilm or ex-employee, or even some of you guys say that "Heh, star wars is back, were getting more star wars, the vibe is going to rock and there's very good news coming out soon but we can't tell you yet kind of stuff!" I cringe cause for every supposed positive coming back post there's some sort of cancellation: 1313, Star Wars 3-D, two episodes of the clone wars, etc etc[face_laugh] . At this rate, their going to cancel everything with positive news. You watch how episode 7 won't make the money that Avatar or Avengers made. Not even close.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    vong333 Star Wars 3D isn't new Star Wars. It's old Star Wars that gives you a slight headache. The season is shorter but they haven't cancelled the Clovis episodes, we'll see 'em next season or on Blu-Ray. 1313 hopefully isn't cancelled. I'm beginning to think LucasArts cancel every game that we might actually want.

10. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    They just announced Tim Curry as the new Palpatine. Clearly that is an indication that the show is not getting cancelled.

DarthBreezy and Watto like this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This would make sense, they have most likely been working with him already on a number of episodes. Hopefully they don't choose to throw away all that work.

I'm sending at least one more letter today, one to Kathleen Kennedy, and possibly another Disney one, letting them know how much my friends, family, and I love the show, and asking them to keep broadcasting it. Anyone else sending letters out?

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll be sending out letters hopefully this weekend.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Wow... I'm not sure if that's better or worse than it being some other guy who thinks a Tim Curry impression sounds like Palpatine.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  14. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Interesting, appears the Clone Wars Season 5 finale pulled in over 3 million bowers Saturday morning. Might move Cartoon Network to lobby to keep the show. Heck, those numbers are bigger than a lot of primetime TV broadcasts.

Yancy

15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Better to be fought over than desired by none, I'd say.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Thanks for the good news, indeed those are big for this kind of show. I'm glad this thread was bumped also as I'd like to get some of the new people on the boards thinking about writing those letters to Disney and Lucasfilm to get a Season 6 on the air this year. I think this would be a much better alternative to just putting the remaining episodes they have already produced on to DVD.

17. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Gallandro, I totally believe you, but do you have the source? I want to write a letter this week and I would like to include those numbers.

Sorry, it looks like I found it:
    http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-27/cult-starts-low-clone-wars-hits-high-38-other-genre-shows

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    That's not for the last episode that link....

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Cartoon Network might not be able to lobby to keep the show. I do believe that each year the offer comes from Lucasfilm if CN want to continue airing the show. Disney may not extend that offer this year preferring a rival network to not air one of their shows. CN can't fight for something that Disney won't/might not extend to them. BUT if Disney has left other organisations they've bought (Pixar, Marvel) operate the same then they might not oppose CN keeping to air the show.

20. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Official numbers should be out Tuesday. I have some close associations who work in the entertainment industry, one for a television marketing group who tracks ratings a viewer trends, and another at Warner's Bros.. Both told me the numbers they were hearing were around 3 million. Also bear in mind the show tracks high among shows that are DVRd, in addition they do keep track of episode views on the star wars.com web site as well, so it's fairly safe to say the show averages in total some 5 million viewers a week. Warner's is definitely aware of these numbers, but marketing and sales of commercial time drive networks, and advertisers need to see there are enough eyeballs watching the show live... this season has demonstrated the show still has some mojo, so there are rumblings.

As far as a Season 6, all i know is CN/Warners knew the Disney acquisition was coming well in advance, and was willing to concede the show to Disney due to the declining ratings, however that has changed. And now, Disney's lack of clarity regarding airing the show and the recent uptick in ratings has CN at the table negotiating to continue airing the show. Frankly I think this is a real possibility.

Disney is in a bit of disarray right now regarding the Star Wars license, and what exactly they want to do with it outside of the upcoming movies, and Disney XD is a total disaster right now with poor ratings, and a total lack of vision of how to turn things around. Cable/Satellite carriers have threatened to drop XD, but Disney has been working to keep the network on air by packaging it with their other networks. Basically if you want Disney Family, you have to take XD as part of the package. I was told this directly by a very close friend of mine who works in Disney's Media Relations department. So my guess is Disney really has no clue what to do with Clone Wars right now, and might be willing to negotiate with Warner Bros.

My suggestion... Keep up the letters, the email and phone calls. You might want to drop a line to Cartoon Network as well.

Yancy

PS There's a reason why Cartoon Network advertised "The Wrong Jedi" as the Season 5 "season finale." They are trying to retain the show.

Sgt Crowfield, hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That is encouraging to know. Come on CN. Keep this show. I sticked this thread. Anyone interested in TCW's future help me spread the word. Put this link in your sig and or profile. My letter is coming. Already did the other two things. We need to get sone contact info from CN. Letter campaigns have worked on them in the past. It looks like there is a contact form right on cartoonnetwork.com that will let you select TCW and send comments http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/index.html, the phone number I got is (404)-878-0694.

Cartoon Network 1050 Techwood Drive NW Atlanta, GA 30318.
    Atten: Stuart Snyder (I think)

http://lacwac.com/save-our-clones/saveourclones/

22. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    lol at disney

[​IMG]

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    See I'd help out but I'm in the wrong country :p

Plus I'm not worried or concerned. It is, however, encouraging to know that CN is fighting to retain the rights to the show. That is the best solution for us all. And hopefully it will work out that Disney will be willing to negotiate. It also goes to show that the move to Saturday mornings has not harmed the show as many people would have us believe. If the ratings for the finale episode prove to be correct then this show has staying power for a few more years yet.

Come on Disney! Let CN keep the show!

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm also in the wrong country, but we can still do our bit. Letters and emails are not out of the question.

[​IMG]

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Folks overseas. PM me your letters and I will mail them on your behalf.

phatdude1138 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.