main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: Favourite Season 5 arc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by K'Kruhk, Mar 2, 2013.

?

What was your favourite arc of Season Five?

1. Onderon

2.4%
  2. Young Jedi

2.4%
  3. D-Squad

3.5%
  4. Mauldalore

41.2%
  5. Ahsoka Tano

50.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Mkay, I know it's all subjective. I just can't deny it hurts me a little bit to see so many 10/10s. I can't explain why it does, it just does.

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It hurts me to give out the 2/10, but Secret Weapons deserved it...

QuangoFett and 07jonesj like this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Hell yes, Secret Weapons is the worst episode in the entire show IMO. There's literally nothing redeeming, and I have no idea why nobody in TCW crew spoke up about it.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    1. Ahsoka arc
    2. Mauldalore arc
    3. Young Jedi arc
    4. Onderon arc
    5. D-Squad arc

I think I'd rank them like that, but I've honestly enjoyed them all.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think I have maybe five 10/10s in the entire series.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I agree with this. Although IMO Sunny Day in the Void was the worst episode. The first two episodes of the arc were probably some of the worst TCW, the last half of the arc was amazing, especially the Gregor episode. but Yeah idk who thought of a 4 part arc with this storyline. A 1-2 part story is what should have been done

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Mauladore
    3. Young Jedi
    4. Onderon
    5. D-squad

8. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I really wanted to like the D-Squad arc because of the Commando. I was so excited when it was announced. However, that arc just wasn't good. Mauldolore, with it's depiction of the fall of democracy on Mandalore, actually felt nice and substantive, and thus gets my vote.

9. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    1. Onderon and Mauldalor tied, voted for Onderon
    2. Young Jedi
    10. Ashoka
    Bottom of barrel. D-squad. Really liked "Secret Weapons" but it was downhill from there.

10. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Alright I took the averages of my graded episodes....
    1. Ahsoka = 9.5
    -Sabotage - 8
    -JWKTM - 10
    -TCAJ - 10
    -Wrong Jedi - 10

2. Maul = 9.25
    -Revival - 10
    -Eminence - 10
    -Shades of Reason - 10
    -Lawless - 7

3. Onderon = 8.25
    -WO2F - 6
    -Front Runners - 8
    -Soft War - 9
    -Tipping Points - 10

4. Young Jedi = 7.5
    -Gathering - 6
    -TOS - 7
    -BFR - 8
    -ANB - 9

5. D-Squad = 6.25
    -SW - 5
    -SDITV - 3
    -MIA - 10
    -PONR - 7

07jonesj likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wut? There isn't a grade-the-episode thread for The Wrong Jedi yet...

Besides, some of those have big outliers that skew the results.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I scored the arcs like this:

Onderon
    A War on Two Fronts - 6.5/10
    Front Runners - 7/10
    The Soft War - 6.5/10
    Tipping Points - 7.5/10

Overall - 6.9/10

Young Jedi
    The Gathering - 6.5/10
    A Test of Strength - 7.5/10
    Bound for Rescue - 8.5/10
    A Necessary Bond - 9.5/10

Overall - 8/10

D-Squad
    Secret Weapons - 7.5/10
    A Sunny Day in the Void - 7/10
    Missing in Action - 8/10
    Point of No Return - 8.5/10

Overall - 7.8/10

Mauldalore
    Revival - 10/10
    Eminence - 9/10
    Shades of Reason - 9.5/10
    The Lawless - 10/10

Overall - 9.6/10

Ahsoka Tano
    Sabotage - 7.5/10
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - 8.5/10
    To Catch a Jedi - 8.5/10
    The Wrong Jedi - 9/10

Overall - 8.4/10

So for me it's:
    1. Mauldalore
    2. Ahsoka Tano
    3. Young Jedi
    4. D-Squad
    5. Onderon

13. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Sorry, that was a typo... It was supposed to be my Grades not *The grades....Those were my own personal ratings.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Definitely the Darth Maul arc. The main reason being it features Savage Opress, my favorite TCW original character, and especially now that he's dead, the finite number of episodes he's in are even more valuable to me. The Ahsoka/Barriss arc is my second favorite, and truth be told even if I wasn't supremely partial to Savage Opress, Ahsoka/Barriss would still be my second because I feel Sabotage is not close to being on par with the rest of the arc, while the Darth Maul arc was more consistently awesome. From there, my rankings are even easier. Third is the younglings arc, it's the only other arc I thoroughly enjoyed this season. The Gathering is a great episode, seeing the whole process of the constructing a lightsaber is a great nugget, and the third episode had a really cool albeit brief space battle. Onderon is fourth because at least it has some action even though I don't think there's much story there. Gascon/WAC is last because I found it atrocious, easily the worst arc of the series.

1. Darth Maul
    2. Ahsoka/Barriss
    3. Younglings
    4. Onderon
    5. Gascon/WAC

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Maul

3. Droids.
    4. Younglings

The adventures of jar jar

5. Onderon

16. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Mauldalore
    3. Young Jedi
    4. Onderon
    5. D-squad.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    1. Katan'alore
    2. Barriss
    3. Young Jedi
    4. Gascon
    5. Luxsoka

18. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    1. Maul Arc - Visually Stunning, Amazing Action, Intense Moments
    2. Ahsoka Arc - Emotion Moments, Visually Stunning, Great Music, Big Revelation
    3. Young Jedi Arc - Jedi Training, Building Lightsabers, Crystals, Wookie Jedi
    4. Onderon Arc - Rebellion Origins, Animal Mounts
    5. D-Squad Arc - Gregor, Big Explosion

Ahsoka Arc was very well done, but Sidious fighting Maul/Savage was amazing, plus it was inter-cut with Mandalorians fighting each other. Ahsoka's was right for the season finale however, big revelation. Young Jedi Arc was a nice Arc for focusing on younglings, training to be jedi, and building your lightsaber. Onderon Arc was fine for a Star Wars Arc. And D-Squad was definitely the worst of the season, not the series however... Season 5 has actually been very good.

19. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Thats kinda the Reason why I put the Maul arc #2. Savage is my Favorite original clone wars character. His death is what really hurt the arc for me. I didnt want to see him go ever, especially so soon... he still had so much left to do. If savage had survived, lawless would have easily gotten a 9 or 10 by my standards and would have been better than the ahsoka arc.

20. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    1. Ahsoka Tano- Flawed, but executed very well in the end. A lot of questions remain on how this and that couldve happened but the presentation of background things like the Empire emerging and Anakin's trust issues. Oh and Jedi Council acting like idiots with Super Barriss setting up an absurdly perfect crime until her stupidity at the last moment. I would be happier if she were an accomplice instead of the mastermind. Ventress-Ahsoka dynamic I liked.

2. Maul- Some flaws like why-didn't-you-just-kill-him-there stupidity from our chest-beating warlord Viszla, but fantastic overall. Suffers from "this should've been longer" as Satine's death had little impact on me (since we haven't seen her in so long), and the Mandalore takeover process. Fantastic "duel" scene between Obi and Maul; you know what I'm talking about.

3. Young Jedi- Pretty good execution and fleshing out of the training process rather than stupid floating ball/helmet things. A bit disjointed with them being attacked by pirates and droids, but okay overall.

4. Onderon- Ultimately boring and forgettable with the stupid flawless philosopher king, but some nice things like training and the final death adds some impact. Really a missed opportunity to show some CIS propaganda like playing the rebels' actions as hurting people (the power outage). Tac Droid was hyped up to be some cunning general, but he just did the same nonsense like everyone else instead of using the loyal population against them. Seriously, how stupid are these people? Did anyone really see the CIS do anything "evil" at all besides imprisoning the previous king? Seems Onderon still spins on its axis and people are still getting mud from the bush to eat no matter what damn king is in power.

"OH NO SOME INCONVENIENT CHECKPOINTS INSPECTING OUR PRIMITIVE HUNTER-GATHERER CARGO HOW DARE THEY"

Idiots.

5. D-Squad- Don't care whether the astromechs live or die, really stupid things like R2 not shocking that stupid tac droid when it counted most, and annoying cartoons talking bump this very low; barely saved by Republic Commando and that absurdly detailed explosion.

21. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I voted for the d-Squad on accident. How do you change that?

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    you mean by accident. :) Can't change it, just have to note it for the record.

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes in the Ahsoka arc, but even if well-executed, some of the stupidity inherent in the plot leaves me unlikely to even watch it.

Just like I thought half the Mauldalore arc was well executed. Felt they could have done more with it - again, 2 great episodes and 2 middle episodes that were mediocre, as go most of their 4-part arcs.

Gave my vote in the end for Young Jedi - by far their riskiest move (well, maybe the droid arc) and probably one of the best 4-parters they've done. You could argue it might have been better as a three-parter, but I felt there was less useless filler in this arc, and for a show that is going darker and darker every season, focusing on some younglings getting their sabers was a breath of fresh air.

Could have used a little more ESB Yoda and it would have been perfect.

23. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    The most disappointing season in my opinion - so few episodes I would ever bother to watch again. Anyway, here's my list:

1) Mauldalore
    2) Young Jedi
    3) Onderon
    4) Ashoka
    5) D-Squad

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Ahsoka arc first, Maul arc second... the rest really fall WAY behind those two for me. I would actually put those two with the Umbara arc for the best three arcs of the series as a whole (Rookies was a great episode, but its arc, as much as it was one, was kind of weak).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.