main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Best Spinoff Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    I agree...

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I just hope we don't see vader in the sequel trilogy!!!!

StoneRiver likes this.
  3. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Lord Optimus - ^:)^ Cad Bane ^:)^

He has never had a bad feeling about anything . . . He is the most interesting life form in the galaxy.

Air Jedi - I don't always kidnap babies, but when I do, I prefer Dos Jedi's.

He once made the Kessel run because it was on his way.

Lord Optimus - His hat alone is as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Air Jedi - Vader found his lack of faith interesting.

He sleeps with a pillow under his blasters.

Lord Optimus - Dengar challenged him to a battle once, the loser had to wrap themselves in toilet paper.

Air Jedi - He was executing Order 66 before it was mainstream.

I Are The Internets - He was out for a while, but when he came back, NOBODY had delusions of grandeur.

He's been awarded the lifetime achievement on 12 systems.

4. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Air Jedi

I used one of your quotes for my signature, I hope you don't mind.

Air Jedi likes this.
  5. furcifer

furcifer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2004
    Lando Calrissian.Cad Bane .once won a game of Sabacc without looking at his cards.
    He just stared at the dealer droid until it folded, literally.
    ...-- by bantha_fodder50

6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    If i were in charge, and I should be because I rock, I'd make a 3 hour film centering on the various Jedi and order 66....focus on the lives and death of the Jedi killed in great detail for half of the film with the second half going into Anakin's character just after he becomes Vader hunting surviving Jedi throughout the Galaxy.

Darth Vader likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be awesome

8. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya I know, thats why Lucas didnt do it in the prequels. It would've made to much sense.

9. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    They should focus of Dex's Diner.
    There should be a food critic character who visits various restaurants in the Galaxy, sorta like Anthony Bourdain
    Boba and Han should have a movie together. The Rock could play Boba Fett.
    There should be a movie with an intergalactic dance crew as an homage to the Step Up series.
    Ephant Mon's friendship with Jabba should be explored
    Wicket should join the Rebel Alliance
    bring back Ahsoka Tano

10. MaserPatsatsa

MaserPatsatsa Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    One-handed post ROTS Mace Windu Yojimbo style Tarantino directed movie. Add Bobba Fett in the mix(he can finally have his revenge for his father death).

11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    This is exactly why the spin-offs have to be handled very carefully. Absolutely, categorically, no interaction between main players of the main saga. Spin-offs should be just that - spin-offs without any connotations towards the main story of the 9 part saga.

Dasan likes this.
  12. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I don't mind at all, I would be honored.

13. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Right before dying, Bolla Ropal thanked Cad for gracing him with his presence.

14. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    They could choose to do any number of in-universe spin offs later down the line, not necessarily having a direct narrative link with the ST.
    It would be great if the opportunity was taken to flash back to historical events in the SWU, something like the Wookiees' first contact with off-worlders, the Hutts' rise as crime lords, the early Droid makers etc
    Jedi are great but there's other characters in the universe too, and I think the spin-offs should be their playground and the Jedi should stay central to Episodes VII-IX (and maybe X-XII).
    :)

15. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    I've got plenty of 'em.

*What happened to Kitster?
    *Something around Plif and the Hoojibs.
    *The Nagais are unexplored.
    *The adventures of Prune Face.

Just to mention a few.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    "Game of Thrones" style live action tv series about a bunch of sith lords/politicians trying to take control of the empire after the emperors death. *if the villain in SW7 is a sith then it could lead into SW7*

;)

InterestingLurker and Ryus like this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    A film set a thousand or so years before dealing with the Jedi and Sith. Basically, a KOTOR-type film. It’s the most logical choice, IMO.

I can also imagine that Disney will want to use the character of Darth Vader in some shape or form eventually, so I wouldn’t be shocked if we saw a film set between ROTS and ANH with Vader hunting down a group of Jedi on the run. They could use the fabulous Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader as a template. I don’t think Vader would be the main protagonist, but he would certainly have a large role.

I do also like the idea of something involving Kenobi set after ROTS.

18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    1st post (saw this thread and had to state my opinion)

HK-47 and the Pretty Lights of Coruscant
    based on this

Premise is simple, to prove to the adult fans of Star Wars that future movies wont be geared towards mostly children but be kid & adult films to like the OT, we get an entire movie of HK-47 blasting every politician he can in a two hour time slot... mocking the meatbags the entire way through. Just to prove the point that future Star Wars films will focus more on characters than exposition at the expence of characters/plot, and the politics being one of the main ways the PT did that. Not saying no politics in Star Wars (after all whats a war with out some politics), just saying a guilty pleasue movie meant solely to appease a select crowd that felt ignored by the PT... and making HK-47 cannon (good early advertisment for KotOR for those who are movie fans only and never had the pleasure of playing KotOR too. Just imagine the fan reaction for a KotOR movie if HK-47 was known before by the general populas wheny they see him in the trailer for a likely inevitable KotOR future film/new trilogy)

This of course assumes episode 7 will also feature the genocide of the gungans, else lets let HK-47 lose on them first.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

[​IMG]

20. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    "That's why I am fine with Darth Vader film and I am fine with an Obi-wan film, but under no circumstances should their paths cross before Ep. IV. It would cause too many continuity problems."

Why should their paths have to cross? Personally, I would love to see an OB1 spin-off story taking place between ROTS and ANH. Vader can be in it too and they wouldn't even HAVE to meet. Order 66 was probably still in effect, so OB1 would want at all costs to avoid any Imperial entanglements.

I envision OB1 helping to form and organize the Rebel Alliance while dodging Imperial efforts to hunt him down. The rise of the Rebel Alliance itself could provide much of the story for this spin-off. Also there is the matter of the "training" that Yoda alluded to at the end of ROTS. What was that about? Also, why wasn't Luke's last name changed to Lars as long as Owen and Beru were taking care of him? With all the Imperials crawling around Tatooine, it shouldn't have taken long for Vader to find out that there was a kid named Skywalker living on that planet! What about other Jedi besides Yoda and OB1 that might have been in hiding? I'm sure others can think of even more elements to add to this story.

"When I left you, I was the learner. Now the circle is complete. Now I am the master."

This is a very problematic statement. For one thing, it's not even true. If Vader was talking about the fight on Mustafar when he says he was the "learner", the truth of the matter is he was a full-fledged Jedi knight before he became a Sith and therefore NOT just a learner. If, on the other hand, Vader was talking about being a Sith "learner"/apprentice then the "Now I am the master" part is untrue as Sidious is his master. Does anyone have another take on this?

21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    1. I would much prefer Obi spin off to staw away from the Rebellion, away from the Empire, away from the Lars', basically away from anything involved with the main saga. (When I say away from the Empire, I mean away from the Empire in any way that would have connotations towards the main saga.)

2. It could be viewed that while Anakin was a Jedi Master, he was not part of the council. Obi had trained Anakin, was also a member of the council and bested Anakin in a fight.

22. SkywalkerLAD

SkywalkerLAD Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2013
    I think that they should either make a prequel to the prequel which would include; Obi growing up, how he became a Jedi, showing more of Quii Gon as a master, and what the Jedi were up to before palpatine got in with the senate, even having Darth Plagiues involved, thats would be interesting!

Or...

The events between Episdoe 3 and IV, that would be interesting, showing what happened to Yoda, how Obi and Yoda learned the path to immortality! How Han came about meeting chewbacca!

Even showing what Vader was upto, was he completely dark, how he overcame the loss of Padme, did he have an apprentice?

23. SkywalkerLAD

SkywalkerLAD Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2013
    Another idea..

The whole saga could have just been a dream within Yoda's mind. When Qui Gonn first told Yoda about the boy on tattoine being the one to bring balance to the force, he could of forseen the future,knowing that he would of became evil under Palpatines ruilership, the jedi could have killed palpatine and they could recreate the whole saga again, Qui Gonn wouldnt have to die, Anakin doesnt become Vader and becomes still one of the strongest Jedi of all time. This would bring back OB1 and all the main characters,

24. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    "1. I would much prefer Obi spin off to staw away from the Rebellion, away from the Empire, away from the Lars', basically away from anything involved with the main saga. (When I say away from the Empire, I mean away from the Empire in any way that would have connotations towards the main saga.)"

Could you give us an example?

2. It could be viewed that while Anakin was a Jedi Master, he was not part of the council. Obi had trained Anakin, was also a member of the council and bested Anakin in a fight.

I'll have to disagree with you here. Anakin WAS on the Jedi council, but only at the behest of Palpatine. Also, are you saying that when a Jedi knight got defeated in a contest with another knight or master that he would have been somehow demoted back to being an apprentice/learner/padawan(?).

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Best Spin-off ideas

The Rise of Darth Vader and the missing piece where he discovers he has a son.

The Rise of the Rebellion leading to its first victory talked about in the ANH scrawl.

Post RTJ (TCW Cartoon version) Anakin is bought back to redeem himself for his evil crimes aided by his sidekicks Ahsoka and Starkiller with a Force Ghost Obi-wan in toe he goes around helping the helpless and saving lost/fallen souls

TheManFromMortis likes this.