main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's the question now, isn't it? I'm certain she's going to appear - but whether it's just for one story arc or more I couldn't begin to guess. That's the wonderful thing about the last finale; it's opened up so many new possibilities for Season 6.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You know, maybe she won't appear again till S7, let her have S6 off

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Darth Vader
    Ahsoka is the star of the show. Going an entire season without the main character is like having Luke absent from an entire OT film or Anakin from a PT film. Just because Ahsoka left the Order doesn't mean she will be absent from the show. Take Ventress for example: she's not Dooku's minion, but she's still relevant. Ahsoka will be relevant until the very end. (Thanks for spoiling us, Filoni.)

07jonesj and Darth Vader like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really hope this pans out. I will gladly take Clovis in streaming format and as an extra taste of TCW. Hopefully with the cherry of a real season 6 teaser on top. Oh please, please, please!

I imagine we'd see Ahsoka atleast once in season 6.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm yea i guess ur right

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd say Anakin was the main character of the show. Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Padme - all of these characters' relationships are explored in regards to how it affects Anakin Skywalker.

Ahsoka is the secondary protagonist - and the main "unknown" of the show.

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Filoni says that Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order "would open up opportunities for us with her character...". (You can hear Filoni's comments on the Full of Sith podcast)

It's fair to conclude Ahsoka will still be a main character on the show.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't it said somewhere that Ashley wouldn't be seen by Filoni and his crew for a while for recording sessions? Which sort of points to Ahsoka's role being minimal for now at least? I suspect she'll appear in S6... maybe in 1 arc.

Though that begs the question if they've been recording S6 and presumably that is initially completed now how would none of the voice actors have not known what happens at the end of S5? Surely it must be mentioned at least about Ahsoka's departure...

9. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    If they do show the Clovis arc online, I'm not sure that would boad well for Season 6. SW.com has no ads, and thus there is no money made for streaming it. There is ad revenue for TV broadcasts, so it makes more business sense to air it if the show already has a timeslot. However if this isn't the case and CW isn't renewed, SW.com would stream it because there would be no other distribution channels.

A steaming Clovis arc may be more a cure than a blessing,

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Please don't get me wrong - I think Ahsoka has gone thru hell and deserves some peace, as you suggested. I'm positive that Ahsoka will disappear for a while, but not too long.
    I don't think you're wrong, because without Anakin there is no war, no Empire. The Sith would just win. But we already know Anakin's story. Without Ahsoka (or Rex), TCW is just filler. But with Ahsoka, we learn about Anakin. He's not so bland anymore. Now I understand how Anakin is a deep and sympathetic character. So yes, Anakin is integral, but IMHO there is no show without Ahsoka. We see everything thru her eyes. That's how we learn about Anakin, the Jedi, the Republic, the Seps, the war itself. Its like Artoo and Threepio: we need 3PO to respond to R2, because we can't understand R2. (We could argue that point, as well, but let's not.)

11. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Has anyone thought that they make the Season 6 announcement during Celebration Europe II in July?

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm getting awful memories of this time last year when we suffered through a whole month of nothing but the occasional infuriatingly vague tweets from Jessica Merizan and Mike Gamble to get a straight answer from BioWare about the endings.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Did the season end this early last year?

Help a girl out. I skipped the last 3-4 episodes of season 4 because I was so disgusted with their bringing Maul back. One thing I'll be doing during the break is watching those episodes.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Revenge aired on March 16th last year.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, so this isn't all that unusual then.

Deciding if I feel better or worse.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I was part of "Hold the Line" back then. Hell, I actually came up with the tagline, though nobody seemed to credit me. :p

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Kirrahe came up with the tagline back in 2007. In fact I bet even that was ripping off some other speech from WWII or something.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    On Virmire, yeah. I'm talking about after everyone first finished ME3 and there was **** going down on those boards. I have never seen forums blow up quite like that.

19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The RebelForce Radio guys say that Disney usually announces their schedule in mid-march.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm aware of what you were talking about. I almost donated to that charity they were sponsoring.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We'll have to keep an eye out in a couple weeks. I'ma RSS feed everything I can think of. My heart beats a little faster everytime I think of this wait for an announcement for the future.

22. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, I'm definitely not going to start to panic til mid-March.

23. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Bets case scenario is TCW staying on CN or possibly moving to a Network that gives it more freedom. Worst case is no season 6 or it moves to Disney XD.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Moving to Disney XD is one of the worst case scenarios?

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    They'll be a season, everyone needs to stop freaking out about it.

Also I don't see Ahsoka appearing in Season 6. The Insider made it pretty clear that Ashley wouldn't be recording anytime soon.