main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

Parts lucky, parts Kobe & parts Nash/a timely MWP 4th quarter 3-pointer led to the Lakers very exciting & thrilling 1 point win tonight, improving their record to 13-5 since being a hideously low 7 games under .500 (17-25). Being back at .500 (at 30-30, on 3-3-13 :p ) is quite a sight for this team, given the inconsistencies/terrible play that plagued so much of their season (particularly in January), but damned if it isn't good to finally see them there. Still 2 1/2-3 games out of a playoff berth (only 3 games behind Golden State!), but I haven't been this optimistic all season of their chances to make the postseason.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i definitely see why they were doing poorly. that collapse was just sad. (first chance i'f had to watch any basketball all season). they just look sooooooo old and slow on fastbreaks that it's not even funny. the thunder or clippers would pretty much run them out of the building.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    annnnnd double postiness! yay!

anyway, if you were wondering where lebron got all of his post moves all of a sudden... here's a video of him training with hakeem.

as a slight aside... i really have to wonder how good hakeem was at soccer... or would have been.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    so pretty much where everyone goes to get post moves.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No idea why NBA would remove their own higlights vid, but here is a fan's copied link:

Very carefully look at the circus act in the very first play after 1:45. How that fool didn't accidentally bodyslam his own bench and how Holiday went from avoiding a roundhouse kick to the face directly into landing a 3 pointer is quite beautiful. I was directly across from where that play took place.

6. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    So...why is Wally Szczerbiak doing half time analysis for this Knicks-Cavs game?

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    You'll never get answer. :p

[​IMG]

It's been little over 2 years now since those 2 were sitting courtside for a Clippers/Lakers game, and still no explanation was ever given for that. Nothing for 2 years!

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I would have been pissed if I was sitting behind them

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    To remind us of the good old days ... When blowing a twenty point least was playoff common happening and not an unusual regular season happening. :(

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Forget these clowns... what the heck is going on with that bizzare freak to the right? Is his neck broken? Exorcism? Look at his neck!!! And the expression on his face!!!

11. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    :(

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

OKC began the game on 7-0 run, and ended it on a 14-0 run, but the sections of the game in between were respectable enough for the Lakers, which included a couple of ridiculous 3-point shots made by Kobe, one of the them ending in a 4-point play. I'm calling it now... OKC will win the title in June.

!

A tale of 2 games:

39-20: The 2nd quarter score, the Pelicans Hornets flat out embarrassing the Lakers. Though the Lakers won the 3rd quarter by 1 point, it began to look like a forgettable night, one of many from this season.

33-9: The 4th quarter score, the Lakers ending the game on 20-0 run. Kobe + Meeks + Howard (a couple of free throws, plus timely rebounds & blocks) leading the way, salvaging the night (from grumpy Tunick to happy Tunick), and maybe, just maybe their playoff hopes. One of my favorite games of this season.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...omments-disrespectful-20130306,0,2360934.post

Dwight: SHUT UP about your time in Orlando. :p

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    rose cleared to play

he still says he's not ready and the bulls aren't rushing him, but still good news for our resident bulls fan epic

epic and DarthTunick like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That is good news for the Bulls. And it gives me great hope that the 76ers will someday activate Bynum. Actually, no it doesn't.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this is unfortunately a lost season for the sixers. it will be interesting to see what kind of offers bynum gets in the offseason and if the sixers pursue him.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Believe it or not, the 2 free agents I most hope they pursue are Monta Ellis and Shaun Livingston. There may be better, but I think either of those 2 would solve a massive amount of problems around Holiday, Moultrie, and Turner.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    because it's golden state and they have a history of stupidity on their hands?

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no, because they couldn't afford to sign harden to an extension unless the thunder (or someone else) took on one of their bad contracts. the article says as much. yes, in retrospect they should have jumped on it and figured out their cap situation later, but let's also not forget that thompson hasn't exactly been terrible or that no one really predicted exactly how good harden could be as the number one option on a team.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    but they also have a history of making bad contract and personnel decisions. at least for the last couple decades. otherwise they'd have been in a position to take advantage of the harden offer.

EDIT

and i STILL think it was INCREDIBLY stupid on presti's part to break up that trio. that would have been a killer, killer trio for years. better than manu, parker and duncan ultimately i think.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    that's a fair point. i took your post to mean "just another in a long line of stupid decisions", when they actually did have valid reasoning this time. also thompson is a keeper and part of a solid young core. when bogut, biedrins and jefferson do come off the books after next year this could be a franchise that's finally in decent shape.

edit: i think it's still too early to judge the harden trade from the thunder's standpoint. martin has been very good for them. but they're in a position after last year where anything short of an nba championship will be a disappointment. ultimately (fairly or not) that's how the trade will be judged, on whether they win a title or not.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    understandable i suppose.

and i guess we'll see on the warriors. i just wouldn't be terribly shocked if they did something else to goof things up, given the track record (unless they have a new GM recently, then it's kinda a guessing game).

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, they have a new gm this year. also they're moving into a new stadium on the san francisco waterfront in 2014, which is what i think their rebuilding process is gearing toward. that said, they'll most likely make the playoffs this year (their schedule is really favorable the rest of the way) which is already a step up.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Glad to hear he's physically fit, tho the mental factor will obviously be harder to get through. Understandably. If that knee goes again thats his career. I do think he needs to get on the court this season though, otherwise that mental factor will be there all off season.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Blazers absolutely crushed the Spurs tonight.