main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Walking Dead **Spoiler Alert**

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Nov 7, 2012.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Well 4 out of 5 is expected ;). I think Andrea is an idiot, that was blinding by a good time :p

2. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_dancing] SO SOON!

Get ready people February 10th its back!

3. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I can't wait!!! I wonder what surprises they will have for us.

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So who watched? And what did you think?

I thought....meh. It was a set up episode. I think poor Rick had gone crazy. He needs some sleep , not sure if has slept in weeks. And to able to grieve.

I just found novel based on this series, I got one for my kindle so I will let you know if its good . It's was written with the author of the graphics novels though do its not fan fiction or something.

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Understood about half of what you said, but here are my thoughts.

They should have killed Merl or 'accidentally' killed him. I think or Daryl will and go back to the group right when they need him most.
    Should have killed the Governor as well and taken Andrea (glad they are showing a better side to her now). Not sure why she didn't go back to them, so now I think she will turn against them just to keep 'gettin' some' from the Governor.
    I wish the other people would have stayed with the group, who knows they still might.
    Rick is losing it, will Glenn take over? I think Rick was looking at his baby and saw Shane and that could have been what made him snap. For a secon I thought he was going to spike the baby.
    I hope Michonne doesn't leave, they need her too.

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I thought the episode was a good one. Opens with a bang and the dilemma of having Merle at the prison was one that I think they handled well. There's no way he can come back after the bridges he's burned. I still wonder if he was meant to be a spy for the Governor...time will tell.

I liked the slow burn and emotional fall out that they dealt with in this ep. These people have been through the wringer and Herschel's there to patch up their physical wounds, but their scarred minds/emotions need some healing. This is a show of people with serious PTSD still going through hell...

Yep, poor Rick. The rabbit hole goes much, much deeper, I'm willing to bet, for his psyche. At some point the prison group will have to do something about him being their leader.

There's no way they're going to get rid of Michonne. Yeah, she did some crappy stuff and she's pretty anti-social and not talkative (the perfect soap opera character!), but they need her to kick some ass now that Darryl's off with his bro.

catz44, there are two novels "Rise of the Governor" and "The Road to Woodbury." Both were pretty good and expanded on existing characters while adding new ones to this world. Hope you enjoy them as they are well written, and, yes, Robert Kirkman the creator of the comic/world that all this is based on was a co-writer. There is a 1.5 short story that was between them called "Just Another Day At the Office" that's available for the Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Just-Another-...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360699812&sr=1-3.

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Merle's too rich a character to kill off now, I think. They need him to continue the conflict between Woodbury and the prison, and to drive a wedge between Rick and Darryl. Yeah, your prediction of Darryl going back to the group is a good one and probably will happen. He just needs some time to figure out that Merle's "poison" for him before he realizes it himself.

Kill the Governor?!? He's a megalomaniac, wicked, but has the town's best interests at heart. What's not to like about this guy and the conflict/drama he'll bring to the show? :)

Glenn's strong, but I don't know if he'd make a good leader. He definitely has the smarts, and he's not going crazy, so he's got that going for him. Perhaps a triumvirate with Rick, Glenn and Tyreese it the future?

Yep, Michonne's gotta stay. The preview for next week has her and Glenn up to something! Hi-jinks will ensue!

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    @SITH__CHICKSorry I re-read my post. Can you tell I was up all night with sick kids or what?! LOL

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm about done with the Andrea character she is useless and stupid. I'm sorry but anyone that is that stupid to stay with the Governer after everything she has learned deserves to be eaten by the closest zombie. :p
    Governer is a great bad guy and I can only assume that he will meet his demise before the season is over. I can't imagine them continuing that story line for much longer, I think there will be a final battle at the prison and that will be the end of him.
    I'm also assuming they will eventually kill the baby, I know they do in the comics. But I also know the show doesnt follow the comics exactly either.

DieWompRatDie Good point about Rick seeing Shane in the baby, I didnt think of that! It would be enough for anyone to snap. Glad he didnt spike that baby though that would have been messy. :p

I hope they tell more back story about Michonne, she is such a mystery. And I am so interested in who the zombies she drug around with her were.
    Do you know if they are doing webisodes this season? I know they did last year and they did the background on the half zombie women in episode 1 of season 1.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Umm.... pretty sure that wasn't me. Are you still sleep deprived from a sick household? :p

I don't think he was seeing Shane in the baby so much as the reminder of the loss of his wife and the burden of responsibility of raising a baby in this post-apocalyptic (and still very dangerous) world.

I haven't heard anything about webisodes. If they make an announcement about them, it would be after the season's over. Let's enjoy the TV episodes as they're always leaps and bounds beyond those lesser forms of entertainment (i.e. Walking Dead, BSG).

11. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    2 more days till new episode,Sandy says!

12. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    Rick has lost it! Why haven't they taken his gun away and stuck him in a rubber room?

13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Because they could use him as zombie bate :p

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Nice episode this week. Shane and I were just recently talking about Morgan and were wondering what happened with that story arch. Now we know ;).
    It is interesting though the development of Rick, he used to opt to help anyone and now he won't help or trust anyone. Like the poor guy they drove by. But I guess a world like that would just harden a person .

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah, that was pretty harsh when they left that hiker dude behind twice and then grabbed his pack on the way out.

I liked how Michonne is finally talking/bonding with these people. It's a good first step.

I liked the line at the end that Michonne should drive since Rick sees things. A good moment of levity in a show that doesn't have many.

There are lots of permanent/temporary residents of Crazytown in this show and apparently Morgan was just another...

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    WOW! That was a great episode!
    Poor Merle, I figured Darrell would find him dead but not like that!
    Next week is the last episode....sadness.
    But I have started to finally read the comics. :)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Excellent! Glad you're reading one of the best comics out there. What issue/storyline are you on?

Merle really went out like a boss, eh? He knows how to go down in flames. If only that stupid kid didn't get in the way of his shot at the Governor, but, the Guv's gotta go out with a huge bang, too.

18. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Agreed the Governer has to go out with a big bang. I think they will have Andrea do it, it has been forshadowing her struggle with the options of doing for so long that I think she will be the one.
    I do like the comics they are intense sometimes I try to read some before bed but I have to put it down at a certain time or I will dream about them. I have very vivid dreams almost like being in a movie, so I have to put my mind on something else before bed otherwise the world carries over. ;)

I'm reading all the comic digitally I'm on issue 33. Rick, Glenn, and Michonne just escaped from Woodbury. Michonne just went back after the Governer, can't blame her I would slice and dice him if I was her too. Horrible, horrible man. I wonder in the series if they will have Rick lose his hand? Seems like a pretty big thing to leave out but there are characters left out that are in the comics too, pretty main ones. And Darrell or Merle aren't in the comics yet, do they come in later, or are they just in the show?

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I don't think they'll chop off his hand. It's quite a bit to have your main character wear a green glove all the time, but then again, Hershel doesn't have a leg, so you never know. However, I don't think they're going to go there. I hear that Robert Kirkman, the creator of the Walking Dead universe, regrets having Rick lose the hand in the comics.

Uh, Spoiler Warning, but, no Darrell and Merle are TV show only characters. And they've both blossomed wonderfully! ;)

Season Finale Sunday! Let the bloodbath begin!

catz44 likes this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm enjoying the second half of this season. It has been more character development and more depth, which I appreciate in my post-apocalypse zombie world. Thoughts catz44, Jomama, SITH__CHICK

21. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Definitely more action, I'm always on edge of my seat! I'm glad we finally got some back story on Michonne. I also like that they have softened her a bit too.
    I'm hoping that Glen's fate is different then the comic book I was devastated they way they took him out there. The story arch seems to be possibly moving in a similar direction but the two are almost different alternate universes.
    Poor tyresse getting stuck with all the kids but I was happy to see Judith alive. I think they are going to use the girls and follow the twins story arch that was in the comics. The oldest seems to be going crazy. I hoping Carl will put an end to her, because you know the adults will have the same issues as they had in the comic book. ;).

22. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So that episode last night was crazy intense.... All I have to say is WOW!!!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    That episode made something get into my eye. That was some intense powerful stuff. I'm glad they did this episode, but, danggit, I liked those kids! Even the crazy one! Sigh.

And, this is a spoiler thread, so there ya go.

24. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    I was yelling at my TV.. DO IT. She was friggen crazy!

catz44 likes this.
  25. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I thought they were going to go this route with her. It's kind of like the twins in the comic book. Except Carl took care of the problem ;)