main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Vader killing Ahsoka ever. Just not down with it. It seems like a fitting end, but just too morbid for my taste. Think about it, Vader NEVER knew Luke, but he wanted to "get to know him". When Luke rejected his offer to join him, Vader didn't kill him. Ahsoka was almost like Anakin's child, they shared a closer bond than he did to his own children. To have him slay her just seems grotesque. The only way I could even fathom it is if he was more and more bitter that she left him, and in total self defense he killed her. Then he has to be even more remorseful that he did it. I want to hear breathing and tears behind that mask!! But if he killed her maliciously and in anger, it would cheapen his "redemption" in ROTS.

As far as Ahsoka being part of a different series? I'm leader of that bandwagon!

Spazmatron and CaptainRex115 like this.
  2. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I have a lot of faith in the C Canon authors, HOWEVER, this was back in the time of Lucas, where he had rules of what you could and couldn't write about. I'm not sure what "rules" exist (if any) for writing EU now. One author might allow Ahsoka to live to a ripe old age, another might kill her off. Without some Lucasfilm rules, I think it would be a bad idea.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    In my head, Ahsoka runs into Vader on Mustafar (rigggght before Obi-Wan got there. The reason Anakin is shedding tears in ROTS? Cuz he just decapitated his former padawan!) or she has a run-in with full respirator suit Vader in the Dark Times. There's no way you can pull off an Ahsoka vs. Vader confrontation with her knowing that he's Vader before Obi-Wan and Padme. Unless she's hanging out at the Jedi temple when Order 66 went down. "Hey guys! Just came back to visit my old friends... what the hell?!"

4. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Okay then, why did the tusken kids deserve to die?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why did Shmi deserve to die?

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I realize it's almost grotesque to think about that way, and it's horribly tragic, but I think it's potentially great drama. Like if Ashoka is brought back to TCW the endpoint of her story has to be SOMETHING involving Darth Vader. Ashoka and Anakin sharing a hug minutes before he and Obi-Wan blast off to go rescue Palpatine at the battle of Courscant would be sweet but if you really wanted to blow people's minds, it would end with her and Vader. Which is why if we never see her again, this is a great ending for her. But if we do see her again, I think the payoff to the story lies when Anakin turns into Darth Vader.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't have a problem with Ahsoka finding out during the Dark Times that her former Master had become Vader, as long as she doesn't do anything Mary Sue-ish like start the Rebellion or confront him before anyone else does.

I know fan fic gets made fun of around here but I read a very good one on the old boards in which Ahsoka was working behind the scenes with the fledgling beginnings of the Rebellion, or she learned about it and started scoping around to see how she could help. She learned about Vader of course, and ironically (now), she met up with Barriss.

I could see something like that happening. Just so long as she isn't one of those who started it and isn't privy to information that none of the movie main characters have, it could work.

8. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    What would be wrong with her being apart of the very beginning aspects of the rebellion. There would be plenty of time to put some things in about her without having to worry about Luke or Leia.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just answered that one as far as a context in which it could work.

10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    She could just be one of the ones who helps fight in the beginning.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Like Ashoka being a part of the Rebellion's beginnings would be a cool idea but The Rebellion being created as Bail Organa and Mon Mothma look all sad at each other and go "FOR ASHOKA!" as the main memorial reason why it happened would be lame, I agree with that general ballpark.

12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Whatever happens I am hoping that season 6 is the last one. Even though I like the series letting things drag on to long is never a good thing.

13. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I'll roll with this ^^^.

I had a similar idea. Everyone is on the "Onderon" tip where it was the predecessor to the Republic. Ahsoka meets up with Lux and they work on this "Rebellion" thing. but for some reason, she has to leave (sad break up, blah blah). Ahsoka continues to fight and do good in other areas. I don't want a story where she's rooted in the Rebellion we know, because then they have to plan to kill her off and keep her out of it. The writers should plan ahead to make sure they don't paint themselves in a continuity corner.

For us older folk I like the "A-Team" idea: A group of ex–United States Army Special Forces personnel who work as soldiers of fortune, while on the run from the Army after being branded as war criminals for a "crime they didn't commit".

Rex, Ahsoka, Lux and Gungi (queue music)

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    At the end of the Onderon Arc, Lux was headed to become Onderon's senator in the Republic Senate which is where I want to see my favorite knucklehead in the future, hopefully once again in way over his head and this time Ahsoka will be no where near to save him even. Would there still even be a rebellion on Onderon? An STD killed the false king and Dooku pulled out. I think Onderon has its hands full re-situating everything. I would have thought Saw would have learned something instead of putting his Batman cape on and going out there to throw his life away by recklessly trying to sabotage the Separatists.

And odd team up of characters. o.o;

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think we can all agree how she dies now...

...Order 67 - Kill any and all former Jedi with extreme prejudice that may have been expelled, deserted, or were honorably discharged from the Jedi Order.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not an official Contingency Order, but that's effectively what the late Republic-turned-Empire does anyway. Masters and Knights are to be killed on sight, unless otherwise ordered, while Padawans are to be captured if at all possible for dark side conversion. And if they don't convert, they die anyway.

The Imperial Commando Special Unit is specifically tasked by Vader himself with hunting down fugitive or missing Jedi. Even assuming Ahsoka makes it through Order 66, the resulting Jedi Purge is going to make things difficult for her, to say the least.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought that was a joke. o.o;

Interesting how Ahsoka is turning into the tragic character I guess she always going to be.

18. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    One of the things many of the Masters and Knights where able to do was mask their presence in the force so they could hide for as along as possible, I highly doubt that any padawans including Ahsoka no matter who the master of them were, wouldn't be able to mask their presence unless they were specifically taunt how to.

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I figured joke too, ( :p ) but it stuck so close to the truth I just felt like acknowledging how pretty spot on that was. Even leaving the Jedi behind, Ahsoka's got her work cut out for her in the days to come, one way or another.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its all good. I'm learning stuff. I figured she'd get hunted down eventually, if she doesn't eventually bounce back into the game.

21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Huh, I thought Order 67 was this:

Spazmatron and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^gangnam style

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, this is what will make it fun! Ahsoka on the run! I mean there has to be a protagonist. She can handle it. Her and Rex. Because he's defecting too. ;)

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He is?

25. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Was the planet Onderan created for this show or has it been around for awhile? Whoever did think of it sure was thinking outside the box when it came to planet names, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.