main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    It's somewhat know that Disney XD is a place where cartoons go to die as told by /co/. Both Motorcity and Tron:Uprising were good shows but they got cancelled in their first season, and the argument of literally nobody has Disney XD to watch those now cancelled shows.

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    At least we'd get one more season.

3. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I hope it's about how Anakin became such a whiny prick in ROTS.
    "IF THE JEDI COUNCIL WON'T INVITE ME FOR ICE CREAM BECAUSE I WAS OFF IN ANOTHER SYSTEM, MAYBE CHANCELLOR PALPATINE WILL!"

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not really going to panic til we get to Memorial Day weekend and there is no info. However if bad news comes, Lito help me, it may be to late then. We should voice our love for TCW to Disney now. Yes, I hope this is all alot of nothing.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It was said by her that she hasn't been recording with Matt Lanter and some of the other Jedi voice actors since the S5 finale sessions. She may have mentioned James and Dee also. However she did not imply that she hasn't recorded at all, the way she put it, it seemed like she had just recorded stuff with other characters.

It was in an interview from the past few days, possibly the fullofsith.com finale QA recording.

6. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi folks, if someone could answer this then that would be nice ;)

I am aware of an Imperial Academy during the Empire. What happened to the clones who survived the Clone Wars? I've always assumed that they, along with the academy graduates, became stormtroopers and whatnot but they would be 32 years old (considering the fact that these clones aged quickly, I'm once again assuming that they are much, much older physically).

Although I grew up with the PT, I wasn't really into it again until TCW. I can't imagine characters like Cody and Rex to just obey the Emperor all of a sudden.

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The wook will show you the light.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper#Dawn_of_the_Galactic_Empire

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper#Early_history

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Most of the clones did go on to be stormtroopers, loyally serving the Empire as it was considered the legitimate successor government to the Republic, made so by the will of the Senate itself. For the most part, these troops fought until they died, though by some point in time prior to A New Hope, elements within the Senate (whether Republic or Imperial is unclear) had established a clone retirement center for soldiers that had managed to survive into an old age in which they simply weren't fit for duty anymore.

A small portion of these elderly clones that hadn't had the benefit of reaching the retirement center were chosen to become part of the Dark Trooper project, wherein these aging veterans underwent radical cybernetic augmentation to restore their lost agility and youthful prowess. But as they were not asked for consent, and something close to 70% of their bodies were replaced by machinery, most of the unfortunate clones couldn't deal with their new cyborg states and committed suicide, proving the project ultimately a failure.

On the other hand, several clones elected to desert, choosing lives of freedom over servitude to the new Empire. The Null-class ARC troopers, the Alpha-class ARC captain Maze, Commander Levet, and the clone commandos of both Omega and Yayax Squads all abandoned the dying Republic in the wake of the issuance of Order 66, choosing to journey to Mandalore where a safe-haven for clone deserters had been established by one of the Mandalorians responsible for training the commandos back on Kamino. A number of other clones deserted with other destinations in mind, to varying degrees of success; the commandos of Ion Team openly refused to carry out Order 66, but were killing in retaliation by Darth Vader, while Hyperion Squad vanished to points currently unknown. The Alpha-class ARC trooper Muzzle was granted official retirement by the Empire for outstanding services rendered during the Clone Wars, going on to found his own PMC company, Aurodium Sword. A number of other clones were known to have actually defected from the Empire in order to join the Rebel Alliance.

Cody officially goes on to be a stormtrooper, and according to TFU II's databank material, becomes involved in the training of new clone soldiers and natural-born recruits on Kamino.

Rex, as a TCW original character, has no established fate so far. And as you can see from everything above, he's got a few different options.

9. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    So, I've got some questions...

I'm not that much of a TV watcher...I mostly watch movies and a few select TV series on iTunes or Netflix, etc. So when it comes to knowing programming on networks, I feel like a foreigner. Obviously, there has been a lot of talk for quite a while around here about the expected (by some at least) move to Disney XD...I'm pretty aware that a good deal of people out there who do know networks think this spells doom for the series. I've read posts from many of you giving examples of previous projects (i.e., Tron: Uprising) that were screwed up or driven off the air right after a move to Disney XD. But, I've been talking with a friend of mine about my worries (mostly based off of your worries) and he brought up the avengers series. He told me how they've done right by marvel in his eyes with "Earth's Mightiest Heroes." Now, I've never seen the show but, in general, him and I normally see eye to eye on things, so some of my anxiety disappeared. However, I was browsing around the interwebs today and noticed that Disney recently cancelled that series to begin a new Avengers series, more focused around the story of the 2012 film. This got me worried again.

So now I have these two conflicting viewpoints. If we can take what Disney did with Marvel and apply it to Star Wars in any way, does this bode well for TCW or not? Will they allow the creative team to remain in control as they seemingly did with Avengers: EMH? Do you even thing that EMH was a representation of that? Why/Why not? Is the fact that they cancelled a former series and began new one based off of a popular feature film any indication of what will happen with TCW? What are your points of view on all of this and do you think that EMH was a good series - hopefully foreshadowing how Disney will handle TCW? Thoughts, points, arguments? Help me understand this potential move to Disney XD a little bit more....

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really doubt and hope the show will not end in the middle of nowhere with characters like Rex, Lux, Maul, Wat Tambor, Poggle and others' fates being either a unresolved or forgotten.

It will be rude and annoying for the fans of the show and it will anger many, many people.

11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    If I recall, Disney XD was the death of Spectacular Spider-Man.
    So we're doomed.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I recall it was announced as cancelled around the time Disney aquired Marvel which led to some issues with Sony Pictures who owns the Spider-Man media rights; I think they either got to keep the movie rights or the cartoon rights and they chose the former.

Besides, CN is not safe either which showed recently when they pulled a Spectacular Spider-Man and put an end to the new Thundercats show that was on hiatus (it's now confirmed to be cancelled by the show's art director) so TCW could very well have perished under their rule at some point.

13. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Of course shows aren't ever "safe," but Disney XD certainly has a negative record against them.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The reason that got cancelled is cause Disney did not want to waste time, money and effort dealing with legal procedures with the vile Sony!

15. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    But it died with a cliffhanger.

The end of the first season was perfect for a series end, but the second season was so much better....and then they killed it. But I'm going on a tangent here...

16. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Thundercats also died with a cliffhanger (and it only got one season, not two, so it didn't get a fair chance to get better).

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Perhaps there are other legal discussions with CN and Disney? However, I would think CN wouldn't have anything to stand on legally besides just how much they pay for another season of TCW.

Both networks have their share of cancellations, and the truth is they probably cancelled shows for marketing reasons believing they would know what would be more successful across the largest possible consumer base. Their new Avengers animated series will be geared to tie in better with the Avengers films I'm guessing. The danger we have is that Disney would think they have a better idea for what would be a successful Star Wars animated show, possibly one that ties in with post-ROTJ and Sequel Trilogy era. This last part is speculation based on what they have been focusing on lately.

This is why a lot of us are trying to make noise through writing letters, social media, and petitions saying how much we like the show and want it to continue. Hopefully their marketing team will not mess with something that is now in its prime in the middle of several story arcs, and has a fanbase willing to speak up and make noise even prior to any talk of cancellation.

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm also hoping that the viewership increase from the last arc will help them see that there is still plenty of reason to keep the show around...I read on wikipedia that "The Wrong Jedi" had 3.02 million viewers - the highest since season 2...but i couldn't find the source on that - hopefully its true because it might help disney make the right decision by keeping the show around.

19. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    High ratings for the finale should be enough for Disney to decide what to do.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    If this is true, I have the perfect solution for Disney.....
    Make two or three shows.
    Keep TCW, do the other show, perhaps Detours, have a block of original Star Wars scheduling in your lineup.
    Perfect solution.

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Most people here seem pretty sure that Ahsoka will return in future episodes. Even assuming that the show comes back either on CN or Disney, I'm not so sure that she'll be part of it. The season finale really felt to me like she was walking out of the storyline completely, not just the Order.

24. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Filoni said in the Insider interview that they have her story planned out, and that she will reappear in future episodes.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Ahh, OK... thanks.