main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I must ask, who's dead and who's alive?

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I would say that Plagueis is as dead as a doornail.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    According to the same person who said, "I love democracy".

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  4. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    And the entire theme of the rule of two that was worked into the prequels. Plagueis is dead, dead as dead can be. I think we have as much chance of seeing him in the movies as we do Hanna Montana.

5. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Ah. Good of you to dismiss everyone's arguments with silly phrases like "we have as much chance of seeing him as Hanna Montana".

Lord Optimus likes this.
  6. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

I believe what I believe.

7. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Hi! A Padawan poster here, so I'm just gonna jump in!

Haven't read Darth Plagueis the novel, but I don't think either GL or Disney will go by the EU, so really all there is to go on are the movies. Taking threads from the movies, could it be possible for Plagueis and Sifo-Dyas to be the same person? Think about it - Obi-Wan said Dyas was killed ten years before Ep. II, which would have been around the time Palpatine was finishing up with Darth Maul - a perfect time to kill his old Master. Anyone who could train a Sith apprentice to fool the entire Jedi Order the way Palpatine did would have to have some serious insider information. What if the Sith had infiltrated the Jedi Order with just one person - Plagueis - who in turn could bring the Jedi down from the inside. This would also explain the creation of the clone army - how its creation was hidden from the Jedi and how Order 66 was implanted.

Now Taking this to the ST, Plagueis (with what we've been told of his abilities in RotS) could have easily cheated death when Sidious killed him and remained hidden in the shadows - and even have helped the Alliance - to defeat his traitorous apprentice and kept an eye on the Chosen One's fate. Once the Empire is defeated, he could come in as his alter-ego, the Jedi Sifo-Dyas, and pick up where he left off. No one would know he's a Sith and he could (with whatever power he chose to accumulate over the decades) continue his plans to take over the galaxy.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He does love democracy. How else do you think he got elected? :p

What we're told in ROTS is that he was killed: that he could save others from death, but not himself.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_laugh]

10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    If Hannah Montana becomes Plagueis new apprentice I am blaming you. In all seriousness though I have trouble taking any argument seriously that relies on such blatant exaggeration.

11. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It's probably about as serious as the idea that Disney invested billions into this project, only to go and revive a dead character that all but the smallest fraction of moviegoers only know from a passing reference in a movie, a reference which states the character was murdered in cold blood.

That's just not happening.

Darth Claire likes this.
  12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Hannah Montana in the ST is as serious as Darth Plagueis in the ST. [face_rofl] [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Wow, now I've heard it all. This is the most compelling anti Plagueis argument to date, so deep, so captivating.

Darth Chiznuk and Death T like this.
  13. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012

This argument is stupid and has been rebutted several times already. If they invent a new villain then no one will have heard of him either. No one knew who Darth Vader was before they saw A New Hope for the first time.

14. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    The assumption we make.
    The reality is fluid.

15. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    My opinion still stands. Hard to take this seriously. They won't pick Plagueis because nobody knows him? That will be try for any villain. In all honesty though, I would prefer a Mortis storyline over a Plagueis one.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    This topic has seriously gone on for 23 pages? Darth Plagueis in ST?

*facepalm*

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    All the better.

18. LordNagaSadow

LordNagaSadow Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2013
  19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

Tons of people heard of him, when they saw Episode III which did very well at the box office. And they were told that he was dead. That's the point It has nothing to do with "introducing characters". Every movie since the history of time has had to introduce characters. You missed the point by a mile. The argument you call "stupid" is one nobody here is making. They aren't going to bring him back, that is a tired old cliche. Disney is smarter than that. They have too much to lose.

They are going to tell new stories, with new characters. Plagues is dead and gone. They aren't going to touch it.

20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, they have about the same likelihood of happening. Absolutely. Disney isn't being run by fanboys. This is serious business to them. They aren't bringing back a character who not only was killed, but killed decades before the events of the new films. It's a silly idea. It's fanfic level stuff.

Now, if some of these spinoffs do well..................................there you might have something.

21. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    would rather see them bring back Mace Windu as a villain. Maybe the empire gave him a cybernetic arm and screwed with his brain. Now he is a bat**** crazy Jedi Master, intent on replacing Skywalker's new Jedi Teachings with the old Jedi Teachings. And Crazy is what Samuel does best.

22. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I find an intriguing difference between those who think Plagueis is possible and those who say they don;t want him. Possibles don't demand and say things with certainly Deniers speak as though they have already read the script.

The truth is you and I have the exact same amount of information. While I do not think Plagueis is the best option, he is very far form the worst. Also why would Plagueis returning mean it is not a new story? Has that already happened? "A new story, with new characters" Are you saying there can be no old characters? "They were told he was dead" By a notorious liar who was doing everything he could to get the chosen one to become a sith. We have gone around in circles on this point to death though.

In the end I will leave it with this. I would be fine with a Plagueis return. I think it can be done well. I am not about to assume one way or the other though. I still stand by my original point in this sidetracked conversation though. An argument that realize on exaggeration to work is not an argument worth making. I'm tired of going around in circles though. We need real news to talk about :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    We'll see who ends up being right, and the argument doesn't hinge on Hanna Montana.
    The structure of the argument is based on Disney making smart business decisions. Plaguies is not a smart direction to go.

24. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Can't say I really care who is right. I just care about a good movie. I'm not even saying Plagueis will for certain be the villain, just that it is a possibility.

25. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I actually quite like the theory that you put forward in your first paragraph. The Sifo Dyas thing was never explained in AoTC or RoTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.