main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Since the season is over, my litany of favorite episodes in order:

"The Wrong Jedi"
    "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
    "The Lawless"
    "A Necessary Bond"
    "To Catch a Jedi"
    "The Gathering"
    "Sabotage"
    "A Test of Strength"
    "Tipping Points"
    "Eminence"
    "Bound for Rescue"
    "Shades of Reason"
    "Revival"
    "The Soft War"
    "A War on Two Fronts"
    "Missing in Action"
    "A Sunny Day in the Void"
    "Front Runners"
    "Point of no Return"
    "Secret Weapons"

KenobiSkywalker and Darth Vader like this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    dem lists

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and BW2 like this.
  3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    With Spectacular Spider Man, there was the problem of intellectual property ownership. The series was a joint project between Marvel and Sony, broadcast on Cartoon Network. As a result, Disney cancelled it in favour of Ultimate Spider Man, which is much more of a vague Avengers tie-in.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, however, was a Marvel series distributed by Disney XD from the beginning. Disney owned all the IP. Companies owned by them produced it. EMH was in a very similar situation to TCW in this regard. However, it was cancelled because it didn't exactly tie into the Marvel cinematic universe. Disney basically flip-flopped on the series the moment they saw The Avengers Assemble do so well in cinemas.

The fates of SSM and EMH both offer warnings for TCW, the latter more so. Disney is prone to cancel and replaces TV shows if they don't directly tie into the hot topic film release of the moment. Decent ratings might not be enough for them. If Disney thinks it needs to move well away from the Prequel Trilogy era to the Sequel Trilogy (or between OT/ST) then it could abandon TCW. Star Wars has a completely different way of doing things than Marvel. Alternate universes are close to unheard of (for now). Even as the PT was being released between 1999 and 2005, Lucasfilm Licensing was still sanctioning the release of new books and comics that tied in with the OT. However, Disney may be ignorant of this or it may have its own procedures, already in motion thanks to bureaucratic inertia.

EMH was a good series. I only saw the first season, but it (like Young Justice) was a decent take on the concept of superheroes uniting to save the world from aliens, something which I generally don't like as much as the individual superhero stories. Quite frankly, I liked it more in retrospect than I liked the Avengers film. It was a bit jarring to see the series protagonists do the exact same thing as the film protagonists (ie. save NYC from aliens through teamwork, grit, et cetera), but that's to be expected from Marvel and its alternate universes. Ultimate Spider Man is pants compared to Spectacular Spider Man. It's a rush job and it shows. The only thing I really like about it is the familiar voice for Harry Osborn. Even at its best it's merely passable, and not fit to lick the boots of its predecessor, let alone the likes of TCW or the Avatar series. This is what I imagine the new Avengers tie in or a hypothetical "replacement" for TCW will be like.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Even if TCW is doing well, I would think that Disney and LucasFilm know that a Sequel Trilogy tie-in would do better, as it has the hype of the ST to drive it, vs. people getting hyped for the ST and expecting them to hop on board TCW 6 seasons in. I don't know about a full blown TV series, because they then might not want to do anything so far ahead that might contradict Episodes VIII and IX down the line. But I would think that another microseries or miniseries might be a good idea to lead into Episode VII.

Pablo mentioned that there are definitely more Clone Wars stories to tell, but said that they were not ready to announce when or where. Filoni had mentioned being in talks about continuing Bo-Katan's story but hinted that it might be in a different medium (i.e. not in the Clone Wars series). Dave also mentioned that every last remaining Clone Wars story has come from Lucas, including Ahsoka's final fate. If Lucas is moving away from the franchise, that may mean that they have a finite number of episodes left and that they might be wrapping it up once those episodes are finished (whether it be S6 or S7).

That might be an indication of Clone Wars wrapping up its television run and jumping media like Smallville did (it continues as a comic). Which might coincide with Filoni continuing stories like that of Bo-Katan, only in comic book format, leaving the future of Star Wars television to do something that falls more in line with the films.

I figure they would air what they have, so it might mean another season at least of TCW.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Regarding Bo-Katan's story, I remember that Filoni interview I think on Rebel Force Radio, but I believe he was referring to her backstory as a young person with Satine and how they went their separate paths.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You are wise, and this would be the proper way to do it. Hopefully their bean counters will not pressure them to stop investing in Clone Wars production, and blindly putting everything into their other projects. Especially since they've already invested in episodes well beyond the end of Season 5.

7. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    He told me that story with a fanpost. (He is a fan of mine.)

Satine and her Sister Boana (Thats Bos real name) played with puppets.
    The Puppet of Satine was much cuter and Bo demanded it for herself. Satine refused and since that day Bo hates Satine and Satine has a puppet traumata (Bo took that Puppet and stuffed it down Satines Throaght.)

Thats a true hollywood story.

[​IMG]

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They can make it work for Marvel. Every hero is different. Different personalities, different villains, different struggles. They would need to diversify the hell out of Star Wars to make it work. If Underworld (with NO Jedi), TCW, and Detours were all on the air together, that could work. One is about the core movie characters from the PT and their adventures during the Clone Wars, one is a comedy, one is about how the Galaxy is under the Empire, and not only that, but allegedly would focus on the criminal element.

However, if they wanted an Old Republic show, and TCW, and an OT era show all simultaneously, that would be strong overlap in Jedi vs. Sith or Republic/Rebellion vs. Sith. I would think having such shows concurrently wouldn't be wise. Hence, if I keep my hopes up for a new show, I hope for the conclusion of TCW sooner rather than later.

9. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Yes, it seemed as if Filoni was teasing a hypothetical tie-in release about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's mission to Mandalore and the parting of ways between Satine and Bo-Katan, completely separate from any return to Mandalore in S6 or S7. He said that he has a story outline for them dating back to their early childhood. When Jason Fry was writing the Shadow Conspiracy novelisation, Filoni shared with him some of this outline and the Satine/BK backstory is alluded to in the novel.

Come to think of it, this could be material for a new novel, comic, webcomic or even a home media release feature film from LFA.

Watto likes this.
  10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I can understand coming to a conclusion soon, but not unfinished! Ending with an unfinished storyline would be terrible.

Watto likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm worried I'd personally boycott a spiritual successor to TCW no matter how good it looks. That's nagging me in the gut. The idea Disney will cancel it then come out with someone way more lame and throw it on Disney XD. Something with bad 2D animation and lame ass writing that straddles the line between action show and crack babyshow.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  12. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Bring on Ultimate Star Wars. :p

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ugh, but they can't go from TCW to 2D crap, it would be too obvious. It was different for Marvel toons which were just the cheapo 2D stuff. TCW is feature film worthy.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One could argue TCW is the 3D spiritual successor to the 2D micro-series. TCW certainly had bad 3D animation and lame ass writing when it started out. Still has lame ass writing on occasion.

TaradosGon and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, maybe cheap CGI. I can't imagine Disney green lighting something on their own that's animated on the level of TCW unless its a movie.

16. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Whether with 2D or 3D/CG imagery, creating the cinematic feel of TCW would require a lot of effort. A rushed successor to TCW would not allow this.

This is another point in favour of TCW's continuation.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *cough*droid arc*cough* :p

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wouldn't even go so far as to expect a spiritual successor to the Microseries. The Microseries has none of the crackbaby DNA alot of cartoons pick up these day. Sym-Biotic Titan has more of that the Microseries ever did.

And point taken on the Droid arc. "Secret Weapons" does have a little bit of a crackbaby feel although I think it feels more retro like an episode of Darkwing Duck.

QuangoFett likes this.
  19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [face_praying]Vader kills her[face_praying]

20. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    A rushed, botched TCW replacement wouldn't be a spiritual successor to it or its predecessor. It would have none of CWMS's slickness and none of TCW's cinematic feel.

Even Secret Weapons is better than Ultimate Spider Man. As flawed (to say the least) as certain TCW episodes are, they pretty much never reach into the "crackbaby" depths.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Please let there be more episodes with Ahsoka. With Rex. With everything. Where is Jones? He'd better bring a flaming whiffleball bat into this thread.

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    And Asajj... she is awesome.

AkashKedavra_93 and Sally_Mothma like this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I said all of it.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    These S6 predictions are breaking my heart! I’ve been watching since S1, and this show has come to feel like a horcrux – I might die a little inside if it is canceled too early.
    Just one more season to kill maul, and give better psychological closures to our other beloved characters, please!

25. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    I think two more seasons would be sufficient.