main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Eh, I vote two more seasons.
    Though ending on season 6 would have interesting irony.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edit edit: this is the sixth TV venture for SW I'm aware of as well...

Edit edit edit:if you ignore the Holiday Special or count the Ewok live-actions as one...or count Droids and Ewoks as one show...

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  2. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I think that would work out nicely. Season 6 could explore the plots that have opened with Ahsoka leaving the order, and then Season 7 could wrap it all up, and maybe end with the battle on/above Coruscant... I'm hoping!

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Two more seasons sounds about right. I have an extension headcanon concerning when each episode from each season takes place, and I've estimated that since season 3, each season takes place in about half a year, and right now there is probably about a year left before the events of RotS (season 6 will cover the rest of 20 BBY and season 7 the first half of 19 BBY).

QuangoFett likes this.
  4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I've said it many times before and I'll say it again...it would be terrible if this show ended before the events of ROTS....its called "The Clone Wars" not "The Time Between Episodes 2 and 3 Show" We have to see Order 66 before the end of the show....

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally want the show to go past ROTS and get rebranded for the darktimes still. Just run straight through it and keep going with some new characters and maybe a couple familiar ones. Keep some storylines going even past ROTS. This animated Star Wars can have even more of its own mythos that way.

6. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Seerow....kinda like the DCAU? i'm down with that!

Seerow likes this.
  7. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    But with an emphasis on the characters we don't know more than what TCW has done in the past.

Yes.

I've been thinking about that for a while.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Star Wars: The Dark Times baby.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would approve of a Dark Times show, but I don't see why the show has to last as "TCW" for two more years. Most everything that the audience needs to know is in the films themselves. Rex's fate is the only one that HAS to be resolved by ROTS to accommodate why Appo is all of a sudden leader of the CIS. Talzin and Maul can be handled during 22 BBY-19 BBY, or during the Dark Times. Maul being alive simultaneously with Vader under Palpatine's control would be no more awkward than Maul and Dooku being alive simultaneously now.

They could transition pretty much immediately. The characters like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Padme, etc. that would be unable to appear subsequently after the show shifted don't really have any pressing character arcs that need to be covered in TCW.

10. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Because we want it to flow into and through RotS first?

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    What needs to flow into ROTS? The Outer Rim sieges is about it. It's not like every episode is a different day going directly into ROTS. The transition to ROTS can happen in a single arc. It doesn't need 44 episodes to do that.

12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Don't you mean the 501st?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Yes. Yes, I do.

K'Kruhk and Mia Mesharad like this.
  14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I got your meaning, but an image did cross my mind of Appo as a (temporary) defector from the Republic and popular Separatist politician, eventually rising to the second-from-top position below Dooku, working as a double agent to make the CIS lose all the time. :p

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    He's wearing a cardboad, blatantly awful tactical droid costume and giving Grievous awful advice that always makes him lose. Grievous curses the day that he allowed Dooku to give him that STD.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah,

Just for the heck of it. Who says Rex had to die either? Star Wars: The Dark Times starring Rex. I like it. <<; Nah... that title sounds cool though. Its do bad Dark can't be replace with Black because then things really get real.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  17. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Rex needs to exit for Appo to become 501st commander. He doesn't have to die, just either desert or be injured. Judging by this past arc, Rex seems perfectly willing to accept hunting Ashoka down, so it doesn't seem like he'd disobey Order 66. Thus, dead or injured is the only option IMO.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I can see Rex being demoted cause he did something wrong

19. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Now that you mention it, CAPTAIN Rex doesn't have to be demoted - COMMANDER Appo just has to be promoted to well, Commander. Perhaps in the absence of Commander Tano, this will happen

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Does Rex lead all of the 501st Legion or just Torrent Company

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course nothing says "this has to happen in the show." We don't have to know Mother Talzin's significance, what happens to Maul, what happens to Mandalore, what happens to Rex, etc.

The fairer question is do the fans want or not want to see more, not if they need to.

22. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm not quite sure. I don't think it was ever clarified.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm pretty sure there would be an outrage if Maul's fate in particular isn't reconciled after the hoopla of him coming back.

Since TCW so thoroughly ignores the rest of the EU, it is pretty much left to stand on its own in relation to the films. Rex is really the one character of those listed that is conspicuously missing from ROTS as he is leader of the 501st after they retconned Appo down to a lieutenant, and he's Anakin's second in command. They could easily have retconned Appo into Rex, since his name isn't mentioned on screen, but then they turned around and introduced Appo in TCW, who to my knowledge was only shown in the Umbara arc, and who by the time of ROTS has climbed the ranks to be Commander.

Either Rex was passed over for a promotion, transferred to another group, killed, injured, or went AWOL. Or Palpatine gave him a cozy pension and relieved him of service to the Republic.

Now that I'm thinking about it. Starwars.com implied that Rex was a Captain only because Ahsoka was his Commander and Anakin the General. With Ahsoka leaving the Order, I wonder if that will mean Rex will be "Commander Rex" in S6.

24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Officially, Rex leads Torrent Company. Captains command companies in the GAR. But due to circumstances as of yet unknown (excluding the fact that Rex was originally conceived as ARC trooper Alpha), Rex made quite an impression on Anakin at some point early in the war, who then took the Captain as his second in command. As such, Torrent Company―being Rex's official unit―has become the backbone of the larger 501st troops under Anakin, and Rex the de facto leader of the larger force, even though every unit from a battalion upward is supposed to be overseen by a clone commander.

A similar, but inverse situation occurs with Commander Cody. Cody, a Martial Commander, is officially in charge of the entire 7th Sky Corp. But he most often takes personal command of the 212th Attack Battalion, a unit whose official CO is, I believe, Battalion Commander/Major Jorir.

Also keep in mind that the 501st doesn't operate in the same manner as many standard army units, instead delegating divisions to assist other units in a number of engagements without Anakin or Rex's personal involvement. Examples of this can be seen in Battlefront II, wherein detachments of the 501st assist the Galactic Marines, 327th Star Corp, and the 41st Elite Legion.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the answer :)

Mia Mesharad likes this.