main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reminds me of how my friend to day at work tried to explain to me what happens and that movie that's come out, Jack the Giant Slayer or whatever and kept calling Ewan McGregor's character Obi-wan while explaining it to me.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That's exactly what I did today when telling my dad about it, lol. But the annoying thing is that he said "Which one's Obi-Wan? Is that the little short guy?" *face palm all the way to the moon and back*

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hold on to your butts people, the last piece of Mass Effect 3 DLC (Citadel) is live. Looking forward to that Armax Combat Arena the most.

4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Speaking of Jack the Giant Slayer, is it as bad of an idea as it sounds?

5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Yes.

Nubbs and Joe Antonetti like this.
  6. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Nevermind yo

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So, if you're on the fence, Citadel is a must-buy IMO.

8. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I assume ME3 is also a must buy?

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well if you've already played ME1 and ME2 and have saves for it, then you probably already got it. As of today (3/6/13) it's the one year anniversary.

If you're an outsider coming in, ME3 is the most accessible but no ME fan would recommend starting with 3 because you lose out on the complete trilogy experience. Hanging out with the same guys, your best friends, over three games and watching them all grow as characters, building your own relationships, coming to care immensely for the universe it's set in, and also fully understanding the plot.

If you like games that are heavy on story, particularly in regards to the characters, then the trilogy is a must buy. None of the games are without their flaws, but as a trilogy it's one of the most memorable experiences you can get.

10. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I've been trying to find something to play after finally finishing all the Halo campaigns, practically the only gaming experience I have. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of I or II. Was there any DLC for 1? Because I may miss out on that, seeing as original Xbox DLC is discontinued.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't worry, ME1 was released on 360. There's only two DLCs for it, and most people will tell you to avoid one entirely (Pinnacle Station) and get the other (Bring Down The Sky).

12. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    That's not too bad. I shall check it out, assuming the play doesn't kill me. Thanks!

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really still need to start playing ME1. I brought it with me to the hotel. But the husband is hogging the xbox by playing Fall Out New Vegas.

Darth Ibonek and Joe Antonetti like this.
  14. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    My friend loves New Vegas. I've played it once - I wiped out three towns in a chainsaw killing spree, then got bored.

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Let me put it this way. I got Fallout New Vegas two years ago. I still haven't completed everything in the game, but I'm still playing. Mods have pretty much made an endless experience for me on the PC version. I'm gearing up for another go at Old World Blues DLC.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    ME1 hasn't held up well IMO.

ME2 is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and ME3 was good and had the best gameplay IMO, but the story wasn't as good.

ME1 feels like an obligatory play just if I want to get the whole experience.

But this was one of the greatest endings ever. I love the music.

Circular_Logic and Mia Mesharad like this.
  17. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    WHOA! ALMOST SPOILERS!

The greatest game of all time is Star Wars: Republic Commando.

18. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Republic Commando was a hard game. Though I was so proud of myself for beating it on hard. I didn't realize that it started you out on hard and that you could change it. I was working at Blockbuster at the time and a few of my co-workers commented how they had changed the difficulty and were surprised I hadn't. If I had known in the beginning I could, I probably would have. But I was half way through the game at that point, no turning back.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  19. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I had RepComm back when I was 9, way before I saw the films. I had no idea you could change the difficulty also, so I ended up struggling through the first runthrough. After that, it kinda started me off on Star Wars thanks to the challenge and the amazing characters and story, and I've beaten the game 86 other times since. The ending still gets to me after all these years, and I've yet to meet anyone who didn't think it was one of the best endings ever.

20. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm more inclined to the Kotor 1 ending. But I prefer RPG's to fps.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I really never understood why they didn't make a sequel to Republic Commando. Features like issuing squad commands had been refined in games like Rainbow Six Vegas, and the FPS action lent itself well to the Star Wars universe. My only complaint of RC was that you really only went to 3 locations.

My favorite SW games ever have to be, in no particular order: Shadows of the Empire (N64); Rogue Squadron (N64); X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (PC); KOTOR (XBox); and Republic Commando (XBox).

I know Tie Fighter has been highly recommended, but I only played XvT, I never played the separate Tie Fighter or X-wing titles.

Mia Mesharad and Joe Antonetti like this.
  22. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    There was one planned, but it was scrapped presumably because of Battlefront 2, which followed the clones in it's story and shared practically all the voice actors.

I always end up depressed whenever I play RPGs or Minecraft

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Both of my boys are really into Minecraft. They show me the stuff they build, which is cool, but then I hear talk about killing sheep for wool and waiting for the sun to come up so the zombies will die, and that's depressing.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  25. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Oh crap I forgot about the podcast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.