main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Omnibus Program: A Place for Everything?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett11, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I'm not a fan of TCW but I really hope that's what it is. If there's one thing I hate more than bad stories, it's bad stories that are only available overseas.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I asked this exact question in another thread, when that stuff might come out and someone said not for a long while. Whoever answered me said that there were stuff to get out in the meantime and gave me a rundown of TCW comic run which was extensive.

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Volumes 1-3 of the clone wars omnibus covered everything clone war related before TCW?

4. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yep, pretty much everything except the last few Republic issues, which are more related to Dark Times anyway.

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There were 9-10 mini digest comics as well and a couple issues before the Clone Wars start and the last 3 of Republic. Not enough for a Volume 4

6. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    For TCW you've got:

Slaves of the Republic 1-6
    In Service of the Republic 1-3
    Hero of the Confederacy 1-3
    The Gauntlet of Death
    Darth Maul: Death Sentence 1-4
    11 (so far) volumes of the TCW digests
    Plus I don't even know how many webstrips and short comics from the UK magazines

That's probably enough for a good two or three omnibuses, especially since the original Clone Wars Adventures digests still haven't been collected. I wonder if that could be the fourth Clone Wars volume, or if Dark Horse is even going to collect any of the digests since they're formatted differently from a regular-sized comic.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I'll rain on this party.
    The rumor that a fourth CW Omnibus is in the works came from this interview by Comic Book Resources. Image caption that now says "Preview pages from the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Defenders of the Lost Temple" TPB" used to mistakenly say "Preview Pages from Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars Volume 4".​

And Titan has published 43 8-page comics for now: http://www.swbooks.co.uk/clonewars/theclonewars/tcw-comics.htm#titanuk. That makes 344 pages already. We could get a thick Omnibus of them when they finish (same time as the show I presume).

My updated list from The Trades thread (I forgot UK comics from that list)
    -12 issues, 264 pages
    -2 Free Comic Book Day comics, 16 pages
    -4 issues of Darth Maul: Death Sentence, 88 pages
    -43 UK comics, 344 pages
    -3 seasons of webcomics, 281 pages (digest-form)
    -10 digests, 800 pages

I don't know what their plans are with digests (and Manga), they are smaller so they wouldn't need a regular-sied Omnibus. Well, the only ones made before 2008 were old cw digests, so it's not a problem that needs solving soon. It's Wild Space Vol 2 and possible Tales that interest me the most.

Rew likes this.
  8. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Don't forget that there are also the various clone wars photocomics that have yet to be omnibused.

9. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Why have you ruined everything? :(

BoromirsFan likes this.
  10. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Truth may hurt, but it doesn't go away if you stop looking at it.
    For example, Cad Bane is Duros, and you all have to live with it (some future Internet archaeologist will name this time "The Durian period" and wonder what was so important about them).

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they'll omnibus the digests just yet- and if they do, they won't be mixed in with other content. That's just my guess, though.

I think the 12 issues of the TCW series, plus the two trades worth of TCW web comics plus a misc issue or two would meet the roughly 3-4 TPBs worth of content needed for an Omnibus release.

The Darth Maul comic would make for an interesting inclusion but I don't see them Omni'ing that so soon since the TPBS is likely to sell very well for awhile (plus it ties closer in style to the non-TCW content, not to mention a possible Dray-themed connection to Invasion as a potential grouping.

12. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Good news everybody!

Wild Space Vol 1 now has a Look Inside feature on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616551461/, where you can see full contents.

Keeper's World, other Pizzazz, Marvel UK, 3D, Kids, Shadows of the Empire toy comics, The Mixed-Up Droid and the Apple Jacks!

Rew likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have a few of the Marvel UK comics but none of the others. Looks like I'll be getting this!

14. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks! This is fantastic - I've been wanting DH to reprint this obscure material ever since I got the two-issue Devilwords series back in '96. Also in the later '90's, I did pick up Star Wars #0 (by DH), which is being reprinted here as well. Great stuff. KUDOS to DH for putting together this extremely HTF material in one volume.

Also looking forward to a potential Volume #2....

15. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I just need more omnibuses. Need more. More! MAOR!

16. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    To any that own many of the omnibuses, would you say that they are all worth owning?

I haven't read any of the x-wing material or marvel star wars stuff. The first omnibuses also may be out of print because they are much more expensive than the rest. Hence me asking if they are worth the extra price.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I was able to get the 1st volume of TOTJ earlier this year in B&N for the same price as more recent ones. Do you want to get them in TPB form if you can? 2 omnibus' are way cheaper than how many ever TPB's you need. TOTJ was pretty good.

18. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    from an amazon search it seems the only prices that are a bit outrageous are the first two x-wing omnibuses. Everything else is in a comfortable price range.

19. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Wasn't the point of the Omnibuses that they are never supposed to go out of print? I don't understand why they'd be so much more expensive than their original retail price.

20. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I guess maybe they might reprint the x-wing omnibuses at a later time? Or they meant digital? I don't know, but I really feel uneasy making a blind purchase for x-wing volume 1 at $44.99.

That price is for a used book. I have heard people complain about the omnibus binding so it makes me even more nervous about a purchase. Oh well. I guess my only option is to hope a reasonable price pops up.

I could save myself grief and buy it digitally but I don't want that. Call me old fashioned, but I just prefer reading with the physical book in my hands.

21. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    The second TOTJ Omnibus was close to $200 for at least a year until it went back into print. I assume the same will happen with the out of print X-Wing ones. My best advice is to wait it out.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    You are not alone. [face_dancing]

BoromirsFan and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Thanks, I will do that. I guess I can just buy the cheapest omnibuses now and wait on the more expensive ones to drop or reprint.

24. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Geez, Wild Space is like $13 on Amazon...I spent easily three times that much just tracking down the comics from it that I already have. Oh June, why must you be so far away?

TC

Plaristes and BoromirsFan like this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd say that if you already have all the comics or tpbs contained in the Omnibus then they are overkill. If you don't have all the content already then they are a good way of getting all the stories.
    Forty bucks for X-Wing 1? I have that somewhere... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.