main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    could be true, although I would expect some sort of major announcement when any of the big 3 or 4 are confirmed. Some random article getting no media hype seems odd.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  2. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    YES! I freaking love Carrie. This pretty much confirms all 3 will be back....now it just comes down to how big of a role...i hope its decent!

3. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    She sounds pretty serious to me. Just a simple straightforward "Yes."

Sure, Carrie likes to goof around but there was nothing jokey about that particular reply. I think she's in, and I also believe the report that says Harrison is already in, and we know Mark is gonna be in, so...[face_party]

J_Girl likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Any recent pics of her?

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, her response was the definition of vague. It could mean "Yes, I'm in." or "Yes, I'm not." or "Yes, I can confirm, but I won't." :)

6. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    she looks fine.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

EXACTLY... Carrie's a [face_devil]

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I get what you're saying but... it just doesn't feel like a calculated, slippery response to me. Yes, Carrie is perfectly capable of toying with us in this fashion. But I really don't think she was doing that here.

Could it be that we've all become so jaded with fake spoilers and unsubstantiated rumors that anything which isn't 1000% utterly and completely confirmed must be considered false?

But yeah, caveat emptor and all that.

9. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    My estimate is the the big 3 are in have been for some time probably since prior the sale to Disney. I would not be surprised if the deal was not continent on Lucas getting them to commit. After all, didn't George meet w/Mark and Carrie prior to the sale to tell them about Episode 7...

DarthBreezy likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    You know, I can't tell who's older looking, her or her mother.

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    He did. But I'm pretty sure that was to prepare them for all the questions that would likely be asked of them once the sale happened and things like that.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Don't worry everyone, she will be back. No offense, but what else does she have to do?

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Instead of acting like a ****ing loser on cruise ships? Nothing.

14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    This is a bit strange, considering she was JUST (in Feb 2013) hospitalized for her bipolar disorder. Can we REALLY trust what she says? No.

If true, she better get on the diet machine and mental stability then.

15. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I think this applies -

16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Really Carrie looks amazing for her age. She doesn't need to diet, she is fine how she is. I hate that people say these things about people in Hollywood who look perfectly fine. It's like the people that say Jennifer Lawrence is fat, she is a perfectly healthy young lady.

Carrie is aware of her on mental issues and is working on those. And I don't think that should stop her from doing a role. There are people with far less experience in Hollywood with worse off issues then this who should be getting help but no one ever talks about them or says these things.

I love Carrie the way she is and I look forward to the possibility of her coming back and I don't want her to change for a role.

17. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Hopefully we will. Jedi Leia FTW!

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    She answers that YES she can confirm it. That is the exact answer to the question. Can you confirm that you will be in it? Yes(I can confirm that I will be in it).

Look at the question before you jump on the answer.

That said: if true [face_party]

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    My thoughts, too: "yes," as in "yes, I could confirm it (or I could not)." She's a sly one, so you never know. ;)

I imagine she'll be there, though.

And thanks, Claire, for the heads-up.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Now all we need is Billy Dee to come out and give us a vague confirmation or a maybe/possibly/could be he'll return and we'll be set. :p C'mon LFL what are you waiting for?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia

I logged on expecting nothing to talk abouZOMGTHISISTEHMOSTAMAZINGNESSEVAR!!!! Truly shocking! Nobody had even considered this to be a possibility!!! Nobody saw this coming! Nobody!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I just wish Disney/LFL would come out and confirm the big 3 so all of this will they/won't they stuff can be over and we can start getting some real news going.

23. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I agree with you, but let's not fall into the trap of acting like her bipolar disorder categorically won't impact her abilities to do things. It's perfectly legitimate that she might decide she wants a more trimmed-down role than the other cast members. Who knows?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    :rolleyes:

Anyone else tired of "OMG! What if she's too fat? What if she has a meltdown? What if a F'ing METEOR drops down on her in the middle of one of her stand up acts?" that inevitably get posted ad-naseum every time the idea of Carrie and the ST comes to bear?

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I hadn't noticed. :)

ShaneP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.