main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    You have to realize, though, that her Bipolar episodes didn't just suddenly appear. She was arguably in a much worse place in her life when she was filming the Original Trilogy (She would -and has- said as much in interviews) and worked through it just fine. Many people have these disorders and are still quite capable people. I think Carrie could handle it well.

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    You are very right it isn't a mind over matter. I am well aware of that. However Carrie unlike most of us with mental issues such as Bipolar disorder and depression and things like that, is willing to admit she needs help and goes out and seeks help. Most people in those situations do not go and get help till it's to late. This is something she has been struggling with for a long time. And like was pointed out she struggled with it during the OT. Back then she never once stopped and went and got help for it, she turned to drugs back then to get through it. Now she is in a better place in her life and knows when to stop. That's the point I am making. I'm more offended and upset at how many people accuse her of being "fat." When she is far from it.

3. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I agree, she's gained weight but it means nothing. It's a natural part of getting older. And anyone suggesting her weight makes her unsuitable - well, I'd like to know if they think Mark Hamill is also unsuitable.

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    There is a group of people that have said all 3 are unsuitable for returning to their roles.

5. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I don't know who would say that, but I don't wanna meet them.

They are all in or near their 70s. What else can you expect? Plus, it's not like they are going to be the LEADS, doing flips and spins and running from troopers and flashing in metal bikinis. That's going to be Jaina, Allana and Ben's job.

I personally couldn't be happier of the fact that they are all now seemingly confirmed to all come back for 7. Hopefully they stay or 8 and 9 as well.

6. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Carrie Fisher Says She'll be Back for Star Wars: Episode VII

Source: Palm Beach Illustrated
    March 5, 2013​

[​IMG]As pre-production on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII continues, rumors have been swirling that several of the original trilogy's principle stars will be making a return to the big screen in 2015. Today, Palm Beach Illustrated managed to get a very brief confirmation from Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher.

"Yes," Fisher responded simply when the outlet asked if she'd be back for the new film.

Fisher, who was recently on the big screen[​IMG] in films like Fanboys and Sorority Row, had previously indicated that she'd be delighted to return as Leia. It has been heavily rumored that Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill will be back as well as Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, respectively.

Star Wars: Episode VII is currently planned for a 2015 release and will feature a screenplay from Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine screenwriter Michael Arndt.

(Photo Credit: WENN.com)

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101150#pir5K3zFbKXBROq5.99

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Was Alec Guiness unsuitable for having been in it in the first place I wonder?

It's depressing how much of Hollywood is an old person (or not conventionally attractive person) -free zone.

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    This brings back memories.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, this is where the fun begins.

10. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Carrie could play a Hutt. Wait, did I say that out loud? :eek:

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Then who does she chain to her side?

12. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Huh... All of the gorgeous actresses out there, except Kirsten Stewart.

13. Jedi Cathy

Jedi Cathy Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012

14. Jedi Cathy

Jedi Cathy Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    That's why I'm back. Been away too long

15. japor snippet

japor snippet Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 1999
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wow, 17 posts in a little over 13 years. You've used a lot of self control when it comes to posting here. :p

InterestingLurker likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's quality over quantity.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be great for any of the OT stars to come back if they wanted to, regardless of age or looks.

19. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    Most exciting. As others have said, to share Star Wars with my own children will be a great treat. Exciting to be visiting these forums again...

CoK

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    I've started lurking these forums back in 1997, but just decided to start posting today. Excited about the new films. Maybe I can actually get my kids to see this one (They get sick of my Star Wars this, Star Wars that)

21. Jedi Mickey

Jedi Mickey Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Hi everybody! I'm ready to have lots of fun talking about Star Wars! :)

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome Jedi Mickey! Even though I saw you in the CCC thread just now. Still, welcome!

23. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Just googled him and wow, what a difference the years have made on his appearance! How come he has changed so much when Harrison Ford basically looks the same?

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Because unlike Ford....I dont think Hamills career has demanded he stay in shape all the time.

25. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Good point. I think it pays to eat healthy all the time, no matter what. Mark Hamill doesn't look terrible right now or anything, just much different.