main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, if you play Minecraft as a sort of Omega Man scenario, waiting for the sun to rise is wholly justifiable.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, that brings back some good memories of when I use to play Minecraft.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow I think chat just blacklisted me. :p

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its probably just gone down again. Oh and you come visit me. I'm totally getting your ass on this, bro.

5. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck with that. People have been trying for years. :p
    Replace flying with roller coaster and that's me.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fear of flying? That's exactly what a steel roller coaster like that feels like. Its like being superman, man. So much fun. SeaWorld's Manta is awesome.

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    They can use scissors to cut the wool off sheep. No need to kill the poor critters in Minecraft ... ah, I just love that game.
    I also loved RC. The novel made me play it. "Can you die later, Sir? It just isn't a good time now!" Jeez, I [face_love] Scorch.

As for ME, I haven't played the 3rd game yet as I'm so busy playing SWTOR, but I really liked ME2 ... c'mon, what's better than being able to romance Garrus?

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    "Hold onto your guts Boss, while I rip out theirs!"

Joe Antonetti and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Having been in a plane that ended up being crash-landed by Anakin, I think it's safe to say I have a fear of flying too. :p

I've had people try bribing me with money to get me on a roller coaster, still didn't work. Maybe I'll try once they've made a virtual roller coaster. :p

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They have actually, much prefer rollercoasters to motion simulators. Except for the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. Those really do make me sick. One of the most brutal rides I've ever been on is a motion simulator called Mission Space at Epcott which has also killed like 3 people here. Take my eye off that screen for three seconds and I'm so sick I have to be walked out when its time to get off. =b

11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    On second thought... I'll skip both. :p

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What about Star Tours? Hell no, you would not drag me to the parks and do nothing. I'd offer to take you to the beach but I'd bet you'd never go into the water. Something about east coast of FL being the shark bite captital of America. =O

I wanted to get the new SimCity game but looks like EA has crippled it with DRM and servers that are over loaded. Why does this have to be so with freaking city building simulator game? Its got one star on Amazon because no one can play the damn thing,

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of roller coasters, I got on so many last week in Aussie :D

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They got some good ones down under? I love rollercoasters, although that's like a requirement for where I live. I'm actually going to Universal Studios next week. Gonna see Matchbox 20 at their Marti Gra thing. Rob Thomas is a guilty pleasure of mine..

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Annnnd the premier has resigned. Good riddance you incompetent fool.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Argh! I hate it when my favourite team gets eliminated on The Amazing Race! I don't know if anyone watches it here, but season 18 is on here in NZ currently, and I wanted the cowboy's to win, but nope... And they were the strongest team too...

17. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    EA is the worst. Between DRM and online passes, they are dedicated to making people not play their games. I got burned once with a copy of BF3 which had a faulty code. I couldn't get a new one, and no one would refund me.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its been a while since I've dealt with EA. Seems like this is a game I'll never get play and I'll just reinstall. SimCity 2000 for old times sake.

19. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    EA is known to most gamers as the unspeakable evil.

Whats worse is that they just announced (yesterday, I think?) that EVERY single one of their future games will have micro transactions. total garbage.

Can't remember the exact quote but they said "Gamers like this system".

Um... No, we don't. People hate it in the gaming community. We pay full price (60) for a game, and you are nickle and diming us for things we already payed for!

I won't be getting the new Sim City for a few reasons.

1. Forced download of Origin.
    2. Super small city sizes (this is sim CITY)
    3. Always online DRM.
    4. Lack of freedom in a sandbox game.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    They "like" the system because they are not offered any alternative. Don't do micro, then you're SOL.

I've been playing War Thunder. Free to play with a microtransaction system, but I'm having too much fun flying around in WW2 planes blasting the crap out of other players.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The always-online DRM is a load of crap. I run my schools Gamer's club, and we never have internet - only LAN. Thus, we can't play any of those games. Worse yet, we often install games on the school computers. If they have DRM, we can't do that, and people get left out. Plus, people then can't bring in games to play, and we are stuck with a small amount of games. Usually, we just play older games like RepComm or BFII. God forbid those restrictions were placed on consoles, or we'd be screwed.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh, I think they'll do it, anyway, and then we're doomed. Glad I still have the Doomsday engine on my HDD, along with all the Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs (and the disks on my gaming shelf). Extracting the Deathkings of the Dark Citadel WAD requires DOSBox, but that's okay with me.

EDIT I just wish they would port Strife to Doomsday. Such a fine game :).

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, time for me to be hitting the ol' dusty trail...

I'll remember to stop by every now and then.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Oh, Fanboy, do come back--you wouldn't want my life to get boring, would you?"

:p

Kidding; I'll be a bit more scarce myself in the next few months although I'll still make my obnoxious presence known on occasion.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Well that was entertaining. My first day on SomethingAwful and I managed to get a thread locked because people were shocked with a stance I took.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.