main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Solid? I don't think so. Ahsoka did not do any more VO with "Jedi," she said in one interview. Filoni says she has more stories. But the how and why...nothing solid.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've not seen anything solid saying TCW is winding down. Big structural shifts are common for shows aimed at TCW's demographic around season 5. Really Ahsoka isn't even the start of the Clone Wars, its Anakin. The Clone Wars is about Anakin's journey through this time period elaborating on his eventual fall and the characters who were with him in this time period. Ahsoka was just one of them and arguably the 2nd most important character. the show should go on an continue with its mission to explore Anakin right up until it reached ROTS and the characters around him such as Rex. Then when it gets there conclude lose ends not directly tied to the movies like Rex. That's TCW mention if you ask me and why the show should go on.

And,
    There just wasn't enough time for "To Catch a Jedi" to explore Obi-wan's feelings on the issue. I noted how he was going to run after Ahsoka with Anakin but Plo held him back. Obi-wan was probably feeling pretty wrecked about the whole thing. I was surprise he didn't speak up more but considering his role in the Rako Hardeen arc...

3. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Borgus will give her a Job as DISHWASHER!

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I was just being silly. No harm intended.

I think Obi-Wan does act a bit cold-hearted in AOTC and TPM, but in TCW he is basically a whole different character. I find him rather "warm" in TCW.

I agree. He has a habit of following authority too quickly imo. But flaws like these make a protagonist more interesting.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan was a bit of a cool (emotionally), um, non-broadened-horizons young man in TPM at times; sure, I can see that (just like Mr. Living Force Jedi was a bit of a prick at times). And in AoTC clearly struggling with his headstrong apprentice (I didn't love either Obi-Wan or Anakin's characterization in that movie).

But as you say, any character without flaws is uninteresting. What makes me love a character is the nature of the flaws and the nature of the basic inner man (/woman/alien). If the flaws are too many or too egrarious, sorry. Which is why I went from "meh" on Obi-Wan to a total fan and never get beyond the "meh" on Anakin - at least, until TCW filled him out and gave him something to counter the particular "flaws" on display in AoTC.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005

7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If any type of spoilers are given away from that interview with Eckstein please don't post them here. If you want to post anything just post rather Ahsoka will or will not be in the show anymore.

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I doubt she'll say anything new, but if there are any spoilers, I'll put them in an appropriate spoiler thread.

9. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Sorry that's the best version out there :( I googled the Jedi Temple then added the text.

10. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I want to thank Rebel Force Radio for asking Ashley Eckstein my question live on the air tonight!!

I posted the following question on their Facebook page:
    "Ashley, if you were to make a guess, where is Ahsoka going as she walks down the stairs of the temple?"

Ashley's answer was:
    "to go get ice cream and cupcakes"

11. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Where you the person in the chat with the same profile pic as your account here?

phatdude1138 likes this.
  12. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Really, Ashley? You couldn't even muster something like "To clear her mind," "To reflect on her decision," or "To consider her future"―you just went with...pointless fluff? *sigh*

BW2 likes this.
  13. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    That was me, but there was another too. (with the same pic)

Spazmatron likes this.
  14. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    That was her initial joke.

After that they had a serious talk on where she could be headed.

15. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    And she also talked about how Ahsoka is still only a 16 year old girl and how sad and alone she is at this point.

16. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    And they suggested Lux.

*Shivers*

But, Ashley said "Ahsoka and Lux are not really meant for each other."

[face_dancing]

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    After Ashley's interview on RFR if this thread was titled, "Ahsoka's fate in TCW" I could about close this thread right now because it sounds like for Ahsoka its over and she is written out. I'm betting we'll see her story told in another medium, perhaps she is going to be mined for one of those other features Disney is working on.

And I always thought Lux deserved better myself. xD

18. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    So like an uber nerd, I actually took notes during the interview. [face_blush] I don't feel ANY of these are SPOILERS so I'm going to post them here. Most of this interview was Ashley's "feelings" on things, or things she'd hoping for Ahsoka in the future. A lot of it we already know. Keep in mind I'm paraphrasing here. RFR should have the actual interview up tomorrow.

From the very beginning of TCW it was explained that Ahsoka was going to die. She of course wanted her to live, but as TCW progressed Dave Filoni felt like she should live. Ashley says she trusts Dave, and Ahsoka should be given the option to live. Eventually Ashley got the call from Dave saying that the next time they record, Ahsoka will be leaving the Order, Ashley said "No! You can't do that!" He said of course: there is a good chance she'll survive the order 66 by not being in the Jedi Order. Ashley of course trusts Dave.

Ashley said for as mature as Ahsoka is, shes still a teenager (approximately 16-17), and you know how dramatic teenagers can be: "her way or the highway". Also she can't grasp entirely what the order is going through (the war, politics, etc), because she is so young. Another interesting point she made was the "Jedi have much bigger fish to fry". Meaning with everything going on, Ahsoka is the least of their worries. She is after all just one Jedi out of many. It was asked if Anakin was completely shocked at her decision, but what what happened to Ahsoka was so extreme, Anakin knew she wouldn't come back.

Mortis Trilogy plants the seeds that staying with Anakin is going to be bad. When forced with the decision to stay in the order, she was probably forced to think about that past vision and it may have influenced her a little.

We covered "icecream and cupcakes", but "Ashley" states Lux could be a possibility (NOT A SPOILER, her OPINION). However she doesn't believe her and Lux are meant to be together, she seemed to get over him at the end of that episode.

Ahsoka has been so shielded from the rest of the galaxy, everything was provided for her. The realization hit her when she went to Letta's house and said "I thought the Jedi would pay better?" Now shes in that same world. She doesn't see Ahsoka as a Bounty Hunter, but says she is a very good teacher.

Ashley of course wont tell (or doesn't know) if Ahsoka is "frozen in time" waiting for another series, story or film. She of course hopes her story is told and WANTS to be a part of it if she can.

Lastly she said you'll appreciate her growth now from the past episodes. She started off as a 14 year old with a "snippy" attitude and grew into the more mature Ahsoka we know now. Ashley appreciates the fans for sticking with her for these 5 years.

19. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    From a friend: "What if Ahsoka is written off for season 6 because Lucasfilm is running out of money, and so they needed someone off the payroll?"
    My response: [face_plain]

BW2 and phatdude1138 like this.
  20. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm not 100% sure she's 100% written out. Mostly because she said (in a previous interview, I thin IGN) she still did more recording after that episode, it just didn't take place with Matt, James or Dee. Maybe I'm just being hopeful and seeing something that's not there. But like I mentioned before in this thread, Ahsoka should be kept at a minimum in TCW (as we know it now).

There are two ways to look at it:
    1) Ahsoka maybe back on TCW in her own separate stories.
    2) She may be "frozen in time" waiting for another medium to "revive" her.

1 is more optimistic than 2, but look at the bright side, in either option she's not DEAD!! She'll be back, we just don't know where or how or how long it will take.

I still say we need a "What Kind of Future do you want to see Ahsoka have" thread ;)
    (also I think there always has to be an Ahsoka thread open on TFN! All we have is each other to keep going until there is news. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have been running for the razors already!)

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks for posting this, closest we've gotten to getting a WOT from one of the VAs.

22. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    No problem, but if you really want to thank me, keep at least one "Ahsoka" thread open! Seriously though, this place has been my support group after that last episode. We might have a LONG wait before we ever see her again (if ever), and I think for all the Ahsoka fans out there, they would like a place they could talk to each other about her.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was not serious about closing this thread. =b

phatdude1138 likes this.
  24. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Good! With all those posts about Ahsoka eating out of trashcans and sleeping on peoples couches had me worried you were giving up on her!

In other related news, Ashley did say she was going to post somewhere her and Dave's conversations about Ahsoka's fate soon (maybe tomorrow). I'll be on the lookout for it.

Also since I'm writing letters to Disney and Lucasfilm, I think I'll write one to Dave Filoni's office specifically about Ahsoka. Maybe fan mail can decide her fate? Look what it did for Boba Fett!

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    But I'm serious about Ahsoka sleeping on people's couches and eating out of Borkus's trashcan. She might end up working with Gregor.

Ahsoka: I should just give up on life, mopping floors with a clone.
    Gregor: What's a clone?

BW2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.