main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Captain Rex thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh thank goodness, I must've not understood the first part of what he said.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Rex was awesome in tresspass against the Tals!! Just rewatched that episode :)

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    More Rex related episodes!!!

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder what Rex would think of all this with Ahsoka. I thought he was in the middle on her guilt or not, even in a little disbelief but knowing its possible alerted his brothers she was armed and dangerous remembering Krell cutting them up back on Umbara. Then Rex finds out Ahsoka's name is cleared. She was framed by another Jedi, her own friend. Who attacked the order. I wonder if in the end his trust in the Jedi is going to be completely destroyed and he will follow his orders. Ahsoka potentially leaving tosses a big monkey wrench in the most common thoughts for what Rex's fate will be. I don't really want her return or the order either. I'm much more inclined to my old idea Rex will fall on his sword when he gets there. Its a petty Fives was never given any screen time with Ahsoka. His opinion would also be fiery I'm sure.

CaptainRex115 and phatdude1138 like this.
  5. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Maybe...but was there really a need to reiterate that "she's killed three clones?" To me, the inflection in his voice at the "armed and dangerous" line and his actual wording, (repetition of what Fox already announced over the comm channel), indicates that Rex doubted Ahsoka's innocence, at least for a moment. I definitely agree that he said that line in part to ensure that no clones acted foolishly, but it really seems like he thinks - at least for a moment - that she may be guilty of killing Fox's men. I imagine seeing the clone troopers sliced up like that reminded him of Umbara. =(( This isn't a slight at his character - far from it. I think it just was a subtle way of showing that Rex was shaken by this whole ordeal.

I'd love to know what the clones think about all of this, but I'm not holding my breath for Filoni and Co. to let us know. :p

QuangoFett likes this.
  6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Rex should of appeared in the The Wrong Jedi, we need to hear his thoughts on this. Especially after Umbara.

Seerow likes this.
  7. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Agreed. I'd love to know what he thinks about this whole mess.

8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Back when TCW started, I (like everyone) guessed at the fates of Ahsoka an Rex. I wanted Rex and Ahsoka to defect. Actually this last episode was kinda what I had in mind for Rex years ago!! I also wanted Ahsoka to leave, but more as a choice (not the whole betrayal deal). Basically how Barriss feels, without all the killing of course..

I'm a fan of the republic Commando EU series and I like how Kal Skirata started helping his clones defect and hide on Mandalore. I really hope for some fate like that for Rex..

Even though Anakin was the primary older male in Ahsoka's life, I think Rex was a close second. I love how in the beginning he called her "little one". After Ahsoka was betrayed, I would like to see them team up outside the order together. I think they would be good for each other (no not in that way!) But yeah, Rex is a die hard Republic Trooper, it would take something catastrophic for him to leave.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I loved when rex was like "I thought you were never going to have a padawan sir" in TCW movie. Then When Rex laughs when Ahsoka calls anakin Skyguy for the first time... good times................................. Anyways, I really hope they pick up on this in S6 and show Rex and the other clones talking about it. I personally would like to think that Rex would not follow order 66. Reason being, clones pick up the attributes of their leaders. Like obiwan, Cody follows orders with little question. Also, Like anakin, Rex seems a bit more reckless and would follow his own path. At least thats the vibe I got from the UMBARA arc.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn't get doubt from Rex's inflection. He sounded genuinely stunned when he shouts, "I know Commander Tano and she would never do this" at Fox. That's likely because he was thinking back to Krell and wondering to himself how this could happen with a Jedi so close to him. I think he was in the middle neither believing her guilty 100% or her innocents. Rex's other duty is to protect his men, his brothers and that exactly where he placed his priorities because someone was killing clones and the only explanation was Ahsoka. Rex sounded really reluctant when he said the warning. That might just have been because he's afraid of Anakin's anger I guess. I imagine if Rex had gotten a moment with her, Rex would have jumped to ask, "Why?" just like he did with Krell. Where his ax would fall after that I'm not sure. I'm betting Rex would be having another one of those "What's the point of all this?" moments after the Barriss incident. He should have gotten some screen time in "Wrong Jedi" then again Obi-wan and possibly Plo could have used more. You know? I always thought "Brain Invaders" would have been better if the 501st were with Ahsoka and getting infected with the Yeerks -cough- brain worms. Fives would probably be saying screw the Jedi if he were around.

QuangoFett and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    On my original viewing of The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, I was hoping to see that sort of "Why?" from Rex, especially as follow up from his vocal doubts about her capability to kill clones like that. And I'm inclined to think Rex would've believed her insistence of innocence, simply based their history together, combined with the fact that Krell had no problem outlined exactly why he did what he did without any thought of lying.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Rex probably would have been on her side if he had a 'Why?' moment. I think that's actually stronger for his character given their history since then Rex can get really torn up and possibly confused watching the Jedi through his buddy to the wolves. The trial scene and possible scene of execution would look awfully familiar to Rex. Wouldn't he think of Fives's speech for her? I Hopefully we'll get a touch of Rex's opinion on this next season. I really regret that Fives never get any screen time with Ahsoka, err more meaningful than standing near one another in the Citadel arc.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Dang yes, I would so like to see these two argue [face_phbbbbt][face_not_talking].

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I wonder though if there was only "one free pass" for a non-ROTS character to live? Meaning, it was either Rex or Ahsoka? Of course we know it's Ahsoka who get's to live, but will Dave Filoni and the writers try to pull the "survives TCW" card AGAIN with Rex? I think they painted themselves in a corner now. If they save Rex too, then it will be a running joke that everyone gets out of TCW alive.

Personally I wouldn't mind, I like Rex and Ahsoka, I'd like them to be together again (not like that!). BUT if I had to choose who lives and dies, with a heavy heart I would pick Ahsoka to LIVE and give Rex a clone soldiers death :(

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ah well, since Rex isn't even 16... ;)

Paparazzo likes this.
  16. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Ha ha, he's like 12!

Sgt Crowfield likes this.