main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, but that's because my "Member Since" date does not include the numerical pairings of 20 and 13.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Its Queen Leia now. Princess is long gone.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think the fact that she is the one that sought out help for her condition is a big difference in regards to other actors and actress that have issues. I think with a director that is understanding and kind. She will be fine. I also really don't imagine any of them having big parts like they did in the OT. I think if anything their main purpose will be to set up the ST. But that's a different discussion for another thread.

Mata2010 and themetresgained like this.
  4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    If I get to see Carrie appear on screen in a new Star Wars film with Leia's theme playing I may just lose it.

DarthMak likes this.
  5. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Now more than ever, seeing the Big Three in elderly roles would make more sense.

Besides, Leia is also a Jedi. Jedi are known to be pretty damn spry in their old age. But the three roles as mentioned previously would be cool. Particularly as far as the next-gen goes.

6. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Isn't it possible that Carrie doesn't sit around thinking, "Hmmm...I wonder how I can mess with the fans today by giving sneaky misleading answers" and she was just answering a simple question? Are we really that jaded and cynical?

OK, fine. But I'm willing to bet my right bun, Chewie's old bowcaster, the keys to the Falcon, and a zillion space-bucks that she will be in the film.

DarthPancho likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree with you. I was just pointing out that her answer is open to interpretation. And boy do people on this forum love their interpretations. :)

8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    She looks "amazing"? [face_laugh] I disagree 100%. I'd also disagree that she doesn't need to lose a few pounds to play Leia again. Leia is a Jedi now after all, and Jedi are usually fit.

Jennifer Lawrence fat? Never heard that. I don't pay attention to gossip. She does however have an odd face, and that could make her look fat to some people.

And, you'd be foolish to not realize that being bipolar would NOT effect her being in another SW movie after all these years. That's a demanding roll, as she admitted it was before, she has alot to live up to in order to play Leia again. That involves stress, and that can effect you more being Bipolar.

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    True, but that's half the fun. :) And we are operating in a near-total vacuum of reliable information, which doesn't exactly help.

10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The official announcement of the big 3 just can't come soon enough. I hope it's before May 4th at least...

SoWizard likes this.
  11. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    It's entirely possible to be a quasi-'retired' Jedi - physical fitness is only required for physical activities, and even then, Jedi use the force to get around their physical limitations. Of course it works better if you're physically fit AND strong in the Force, but sheesh, who really thinks Jedi were always intended to stay kicking on until their 60s and 70s (or equivalent for other species)?

12. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I was going to go with Republic Chancellor Leia, or maybe Chief of State like Mon Mothma became in the EU.
    [​IMG]
    I could see Carrie Fisher fit into a leadership role with an older Leia

Carrie has at times lost a lot of weight and could get into pretty good shape again.
    [​IMG]
    I disagree she needs to be super-fit Jedi as we don't know they will go the Jedi route for Leia.
    I think they'll go "government official" as an extension of her leadership roles in the OT.

I would also wonder if her hospitalization wasn't to clear herself up so that she could take on a movie again. She knows she'll be under a lot of scrutiny and wants to be at her best mental and physical state when she does it.

And I happen to like Jennifer Lawrence for the part of Jana Solo too- I agree her face is more round, which is why some Hunger Games fans thought she was too fat to play Katnis before the movie came out.
    [​IMG]
    It's an optical illusion, she doesn't have a pronounced bone structure and she has fuller cheeks and lips. I think she looks great and she has such a strong presence, if they want a female lead who can fight, she'd be perfect to build a new trilogy around.

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    She would be a perfect Jaina.

14. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    If she really is in, and I'm pretty sure she is, I'm sure she was not suppose to say it openly just yet.
    But we all know how Carrie is sometimes. And if she is back, I'm now 100% sure Mark is back too and 99% Harrison too. Disney can't just give us a low quality package. Sure, Leia is fine. But they know what most people want. And that's Luke and Han back.
    So if they already secured the least important of the big 3 to come back, we can only hope for big things next.
    It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Um... I seem to recall her doing it before.

Pro Scoundrel and DarthPancho like this.
  16. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    She'd probably be pretty busy with the Hunger Games films coming out - that trilogy is meant to be wrapped up by 2014 I think but it doesn't leave a lot of time for her to film a 2015 release, especially given how long SW movies tend to take with the CGI and postproduction.

And the controversy was about the fact that she is a healthy build, whereas Katniss and the other people of District 12 are meant to be under-nourished. Katniss and her family basically survive on whatever foot Katniss can kill, and whatever kills she can trade for things like bread. It's not much.

17. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    If the new movies are going to take place 40+ ABY then the characters would be about 60 - you would need older actors to play their kids then. At least mid 20s.

18. Mata2010

Mata2010 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2013
    I think it's unfortunate that some on this board feel that bipolar disorder would hinder Carrie in her efforts. She has stated that she is medicated, attends 12 step programs, etc. I think she has a good grasp of her condition. To live with a condition like that, take responsibility for it, and to be so honest about it like she has been, are all very honorable qualities that show courage, hard work, and dedication. I wouldn't doubt her for a second. She can do it!

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Firstly, this is great news as it gives some solid confirmation as to what has been speculated. The pieces have been falling into place and it was laways asssumes Harrison Ford would be the hardest get as in get back to play Han Solo. Ironically, he's been upbeat about the possibility and was reported to be the first officially on board by Latino Post.

Secondly, this isn't really news at all though. Back in early November Carrie spilled the beans:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70164

Although George set up the possibility that Leia would be trained by Luke to be a Jedi I just don't see Leia (at Fisher's age) being in that role. Instead I see her as a Senator or Supreme Chancellor who sometimes uses the Force to infulence the weak minded senators around her. :p

leiamoody likes this.
  20. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i could see carrie having so much fun with this.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You really are a charming fella, ain't ya?

Anyway, this is great news. Nothing unexpected, but it still brings a big smile to my face! I still can't believe this sequel trilogy is happening :D

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd rather her do nothing than display blatant ignorance online for the world to see. But happily, from reading the interview, it appears Carrie has a few irons in the fire.

Queen of what? Alderaan is gone ;)

23. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Yeah I really didn't get why everyone kept referring to her as Princess and she accepted it in the EU. She's not Princess of anything now. I found it especially strange since she accumulated a bunch of new titles relating to her political position in the New Republic (Ambassador, Chief of State etc) and it makes no sense she'd still call herself Princess when her planet no longer exists. It's kind of a diplomatic faux pas.

24. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    With her actual Look she can only play a politician. Chancelor or something.

Why even stick with old actors? They should cast new ones and set the Storyline just a few months or a year after ROTJ.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Should we assume ur not an OT guy? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.