main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, no they shouldn't.

Also (directed at no one in particular), could we please be adults enough to not post comments that either a) hint at Carrie Fischer being too ugly/fat/old/drugged/whatever to reprise her role as Leia, or b) blatantly state the same?
    Would that be possible you think? It's just rude and immature, and does not add anything to any discussion.

EDIT 1: Added the quote to specify what I was replying to.
    EDIT 2: Darn it's hard to spell in English :p

2. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    It angers my feminist self especially when Carrie gets the guff and Mark and Harrison don't.

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    This is awesome .... It can only be a short time till the big 3 are officially confirmed - with Harrison Ford all but confimed , Mark Hamill in talks & Carrie Fisher saying yes it is only a matter of time.......

4. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    OT was a million Years ago.

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Was this 'confirmation' given before or after she went to hospital for her mental health issues?

6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Sidenote: I just watched Wishful Drinking and Carrie was so funny I was periodically mock-hugging my computer screen mumbling "I love you".

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Mate, that is in poor taste.

Mata2010 and themetresgained like this.
  8. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Hope it's true, without Luke,Han or Leia in it, it won't be episode 7 in mind.

9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Give young actors a chance.

10. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah, that is what I wanted too. Recast the roles to set the story shortly after ROTJ just so we could have more adventures centered on the big 3 in their prime but that's not the route that the ST is gonna go. It will be centered on their offspring, that's a given. We can hope to have the young big 3 again in the small screen and a Han Solo spin off in the big screen though...

11. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I want young actors to be the main focus but, the big 3 have to been in there for some screen time to make it seem like it is Episode 7, not Episode 1 of a new trilogy.

12. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    In their actual shape the only possibility for them is a cameo in the background. Seriously i dont wanna hear them even talk to the audience.

They can show Leia as a politician in some conference sitting on a table quietly for some seconds. Boom thats it. No close shots allowed. Han Solo can die in the first minutes by doing a stunt and failing because of his shaking old hands. Crushing with the antique Millenium falcon into an asteroid.

Luke can take yodas role and beeing the "crazy old man" like Obi Wan. Thats ok. But all that good stuff like heroism, lovestory and anything belongs to some cool new actors.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm afraid you may be in for some disappointment, then, mate. The story is likely to revolve around a new set of heroes, but the OT characters, by anyone's definition, are going to end up having more of a role than you're hoping for. I'd bet the house on it.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
    Captain Oveur: I can't tell.
    Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
    Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
    Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
    Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
    Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

15. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Than i will wait for the directors cut edition where Abrams cuts them out and replaces them with lensflares.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  16. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    So is the planet she would have been Queen of.

17. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Waitaminute, waitaminute, I'll grant you that Harrison has largely been left alone in this, but in what universe has Mark not gotten as much guff as Carrie? There's been three or four separate threads (until they were properly consolidated) entirely about how Mark looks so old and fat that he can't and shouldn't do Episode VII. And, for the record, it angers far more than my non-feminist self whenever these actors are treated this way due to an unrealistic expectation that they should look exactly like their characters did thirty years ago. I don't know who to blame for this misconception, but the cover art on nearly every EU book or comic hasn't helped matters by keeping them perpetually young-looking, like they've been bathing in the blood of virgins to keep themselves young or something.

People, this isn't hard to comprehend: the OT characters are not going to be the central focus of the ST; they are therefore not obligated to be at their physical peak any more than Alec Guiness was obligated to be the same man in the OT that he was in the PT. If people want the ST to just be the OT all over again, they can forget it; it's not going to happen. Star Wars has never been about reclaiming youth and holding on to the past, except to say that such traits are harmful to a person. The OT characters are inevitably going to have to yield their prominence to the next generation. And even if that weren't the case, no one should be asking them to be young again, and those that are need to sober up; it's quite sufficient, and more realistic, that they look generally in the same physical shape as they did once to maintain character consistency (which is all that old Obi-Wan had to look like in ANH), but it's not at all realistic to say that they have to have six packs on their abs, fit into that damned bikini, and otherwise quite literally be in their twenties again. That's absurd.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Sure, it's possible. ;)

But isn't it likely (and I mean, like a stone-cold lock) that the folks at LucasFilm / Disney have made it crystal clear to Carrie (and Mark and Harrison) that it is their desire to see the release of big SW news like this come out on their terms?

And don't you think, given that and Carrie's notorious sense of fun, that she may just be playing a little coy with an interviewer who's just asked her the same question she's been asked probably 100 times per day since October 30?

Hey, maybe not. Maybe she just decided, on a whim, to give the biggest scoop of her career to, who was it, again, Palm Beach Illustrated, against the wishes of her employers? Like I said, she's a sly one with a great sense of humor and of the absurd. It wouldn't exactly surprise me if she decided to end the speculation because, well, in the big picture, it's a silly thing.

But that's one of the intriguing things - with Carrie, we may never know.

Oh, and yeah, no one in their right mind is gonna take you up on that bet of yours (even if I would like to have that right bun). Of course she'll be in the film.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why May 4th? Just curious...

20. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    Very well said. Harrison Ford was never in his twenties when filming the OT anyway, and is now 70, so expecting him to look like a just slightly aged-up version of Han Solo at the end of the OT is silly. Besides, between here and the start of filming, the three of them have ample time to do a bit of exercise if they want to (note I'm not saying that I believe they absolutely should do so). Me, I'll just be very happy to see all the Big 3 return and pass the torch to the next generation.

21. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    May fourth, May the fourth be with you... That date is Star Wars Day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  23. JaimePrater

JaimePrater Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    It's always funny when the stars confirm their participation while people on forums proclaim 'I will wait for confirmation.'

Umm, you just got it. Straight from the horses mouth. It's CONFIRMED.

24. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Personally, I don't care how Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford look like.

25. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Lots of ignorance in this thread, like always. First let me say I don;t think we can call this confirmation. In a transcript we can't read facial expression, tone of voice, any sly grins, etc. While I hope it is true, the jury is still out on this one.

To those saying Carrie isn't up to it because she is bipolar.... Wow. You clearly do not know anyone who is actually bipolar. Carrie was bipolar during the OT too. They just didn't know to call it that back then.

The overweight issue. It's called diet and exercising. If you think being overweight means you must forever be shunned because you can never get skinny again... Well I feel sorry for you because you will inevitably get fat yourself, and believe there is nothing that can be done about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.